Ok who was your favorite husky rider ?????

Discussion in 'History' started by Troy F Collins, Dec 13, 2008.

1. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Forgot?

Who dat?
  2. greenstreak Husqvarna
    C Class

Brad Lackey was mine and all of my friend's hero when we were in high school. I pick Brad.
  3. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    cant think of the guys name....but i went to a riding school given out by Husky when I got a new bike back in the 80's...
  4. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I like me a lot. LOL
  5. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    We know that already Dwight!:busted:
  6. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Mike Melton

Scott Harden

Dick Burleson

Terry Cunningham

Kevin Hines

Randy Hawkins

Malcolm Smith

And the list goes on and on....................................
  7. Has Been Husqvarna

An old husky freak votes

Steve McQueen--My main man--for Lamons--for The great escape, for OAS--for his great wives--for the defination of cool.
    Dick Burelson--even though he knocked me out of a gold medal in a six day qualifier. Raced an enduro on the same number with my daughter who was on his tail after 76 miles when she plowed a stump.
    J.N. Roberts-- for being a stunt man in addition to a champion desert racer--and all his movies and magazine articals.
    John Penton--Won Jackpine Enduro and still holds the cross country race time-- and speaker at Michigan enduro awards.
    Malcom Smith-- OAS-- the reason I bought my first Husky-- A 450 WR desert master in 1972. Raced it for three years.
    Bob Popiel-- because he raced the Automatic and won Jackpine ahead of all the above riders--TWICE. I converted a desert bike with long travel into an Automatic and he complained that I had a better bike than he had to ride as a factory sponsered rider. I still have it in my garage where it mockes me to rebuild it every day.
  8. brynk Husqvarna

Hello

An input from Denmark.

Steve McQueen, King of cool
    Malcom Smith, hit did a little of everything with a Husky, and did damn good!
    Bengt Åberg, See the clip in On any sunday, that guy had style and speed !
    Thorsten Hallman,
    Håkan "Carla" Carlqvist, He was a cool/hardcore guy on a bike! Namur '88, incredible!

It's hard to chose just one.
  9. 1983XC175 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Eddie Lojak :cheers:
  10. yzfoot Husqvarna
    AA Class

Dan Smith.....
  11. REZRIDER Husqvarna
    B Class

Mine too...but then again, there were quite a few at the time.
  12. J Hallin Husqvarna

Hello
    I think Sven-Erik "Jösse" Jönsson or Anders Eriksson is the best Husqvarna riders of all time.
    Jörgen
  13. HuskyKurt Husqvarna
    B Class

My Dad was my first influence. He got his first Husky (a 400) from JN. Then "#8 in the desert" Morris Norman, (Kendall's Dad) taught him (us) how to ride. I was a Husky rider from the start and watched, cheered for, idolized and eventually raced against so many of them. I can't have a favorite.

Memories of getting passed by DB at Alligator, or making Kevin Hines and his Dad sick with my bloody split lip in Columbia SC, or any meeting with John Penton or Malcolm. I could go on and on. There are just too many, too great to choose from.

Although I have 12 bikes now, (I have the full blown Vintage addiction), 5 are Husky and since I was 4, we've never not had one.
    Coffee likes this.
  14. Factory4510 Husqvarna
    A Class

Lackey, Mikkola,and don't forget Sugar Bear (Billy Grossi) Chuck Sun. Do you all remember where Mitch Payton (Pro-Circuit) got his start? Way back in "the day" my Huskies came from Dave Mungenast shop in St. Louis, Dave was and ISDE rider, and a lot of these guy you mention came thru there on their way to races.
  15. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    Malcolm Smith... Duh!

Lots of other excellent riders, but Malcolm was unbelievable. Just watching On Any Sunday shows you how good he was. The effortless mastery of the sport, his ability to totally dominate his competition and the enormous list of the wide variety of his accomplishments are incredible.
  16. pat ohara Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yes , 2 WR's
    Other Motorcycles:
    Old Style Husaberg,
    Bengt Aberg all the way, only person alive that could do a feet up full locker in 5th gear on a Husky. Unreal, ballet in fact. Mikkola second then me.:p
  17. scott Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda, Norton Commando, Suzuki TS250
    Rolf Tibblin, Torsten Hallman, Bengt Aberg, Heikki Mikkola, Hakan Carlqvist...Tough choice between Torsten and Bengt
  18. DB AZ Husqvarna
    B Class

All of the names you guys have thrown out are all great riders and Champions, but one guy that stands out for me was Dave Chase. Back in my days of doing Baja pits for Husky L.R, Scott, Brent, Garth, and Dan/Dan won races, but Dave was a SCORE Champ as well. So why Dave Chase, well he went from rider to mechanic building the bikes for Dan Smith and his H&H wins. When Dan went to trucks, from KTM, Dave took a new kid under his wing Danny Hamel. He taught Danny how to work on and save the bike. They won 5 H&H Championships, just as he did with Dan Smith. Dave went on to build the first XR440 Honda kit's, ran the shop at Pro Circuit and helped develop the Honda CRF's. We lost Dave a few years ago, way to early, but the guy sure could ride and build Husqvarna's. We miss ya Dave.:(
  19. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
  20. Pinittowinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

My hero eddy seel
    [IMG]