Ok who was your favorite husky rider ?????

Discussion in 'History' started by Troy F Collins, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Scott and Jake. :D
  2. motopat651 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Here's one I haven't seen yet,Lars Larrson.Imo he has has a huge impact on the Brand and sport.
  3. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    He had a huge impact on me:lol: after we hit each other head on in the pits at Carlsbad raceway.:eek: But he was riding Can Am by then.
  4. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    :lol:

Scott is awesome!

Later,
  5. ruwfo Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1980 390CR, 1982 430CR, 1984 400WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    1985 250XC, 2016 FJ-09
    For me it would be my Older Brother James Both, he was a Factory Husky Support rider in the 70's. He raced against Mikkola, Decoster, Howerton, Sun + other greats, for me going to the few races i went to was too cool. He made as high as National # 79, and
    was quite a few times in MX ACtion & Dirt Bike magazines in the race pictures.

Chuck Sun was even at the house one time while they were on there way to UNADILLA.

Color picture is of a his trick 77 360CR, check out those Fox shocks too.
    I'm 15 standing behind it.

John

Attached Files:

6. bower100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250CR - '07 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    TY350Trials-BetaRev3-'77RM250-'80YZ
    The guy who initially sparked my interest in Husky's, my first Husky hero, ....... was Andy Bork.

Yup, Andy was an older guy who rode at the local "spot" where myself, on a DT-1 and my friend on a Kawi 100, both 16 y/o, would tool around. We'd do some laps and then stop and watch Andy, on his Husky 400. Man he was good...... " Did you see him take the jump"? Wow. Yup, Andy started it for me.

Later, when I went to the 1971 or '72 Trans-Am event at Unadilla, New York the guy's racing Husky's made life without a Husky intolerable for me. Who were them guys? .......help.
    Maybe Bengt Aberg, Arnie Kreig (spelling?), Torsten Hallman, who else would it have been?
    Within a year I got a job at a dirtbike shop so I could buy my own red Husky. Something like $1,100 bucks for that bike. What a deal!

dave
  7. bower100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250CR - '07 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    TY350Trials-BetaRev3-'77RM250-'80YZ
    Very cool, ruwfo.

Was he/ you from NJ? Where? From 1971 to 1987 or so, you had a run of Husky's huh? Pretty inpressive. I'd say you were hooked.

I had a set of those Fox AirShox's too on one of my bikes. Were you or your brother ever at Bud's creek, Maryland around '74-'76?

dave
  8. ruwfo Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1980 390CR, 1982 430CR, 1984 400WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    1985 250XC, 2016 FJ-09
    Dave,
    We live in Bergen County NJ (Franklin lakes) from 1959 to 1977, & he raced Buds creek for sure. Unadilla, Mid Ohio, the Winter Nationals
    (Florida series) in the 70's. Our Parents garage was always full of Husky back then, just like mine is now.

It got me hooked back then :thumbsup: & i only was able to find some Huskys again a few years back again.

But yeah you can say Husky runs thru my blood for sure, i've got 8 Vintage bikes :eek: all Husky! to prove it LOL

John
  9. wulf22 Husqvarna
    AA Class

The King of Cool Steve McQueen.
  10. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    He's my fave offroader on any type of machine (him and Jeff Fredette).

Okay back to our regularly scheduled discussion.:busted:
  11. Powellyte450 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE 450. TXC 310R.
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR 250 R, LTZ 400, Truimph Bonie.
    Stevey Mcqueen: Cooler King, Tom,Dick and Harry!
    Husky Hero.
    And not to mention Front page of Sport Ilustrated 1971 Aug, sporting just a pair jeans Leaping on his Husky
    If I werent male I would of bought the poster for sale on ebay.

Top Dude Full Stop and drove a Husky.

And to look at what Scott Summers did! out standing in GNCC for what he got thrown at him in that time limit.
    He gets the Vote too.
  12. highdez1981430cr Husqvarna
    AA Class

My fav. american and the rider who got me interested in Husqvarna is none other than BAD BRAD LACKEY

Favorite euro guy Mikkola
  13. AMX 390 Husqvarna
    C Class

WOW! Does no one have Eddie Lojak or Larry Roeseler come to mind?!?!? Lojak was 4x WISECO 100 miler series champ and 6x GNCC Champ....and Roeseler dominated the desert scene for years....
  14. 1983XC175 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ditto, ECEA enduros back in the early 80s, the Laffertys, Jack and Jack Jr.

15. REZRIDER Husqvarna
    B Class

I was thinkng of Larry, I was second guessing myself when I remembered him on a Kawi (right???)...wasn't that towards the end of his 2 wheel career?
  16. demi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 SH 500, 81 Gilera 125 C1, 17 KTM
    Andy Jefferson
  17. huskyfrk Husqvarna
    AA Class

favorite

too many to list... really.. J.N. roberts, any and all the factory euro riders from the early trans and inter-am days.. kent howerton.. Mark Blackwell.
  18. zuendapp Husqvarna
    AA Class

Eric Crippa, Fastest Husqvarna Motocross Mechanic

Eric Crippa, Kent Howerton's factory mechanic. In 1976 I had met Eric, He took the extra time with me and let me snap a few photo's of Kent's bike and Factory step Van. A lot of the time the mechanic doesn't get enough credit for promoting Husqvarna. Now is the time to say Thank you Eric, job well done.

Terry

[IMG]
  19. Mike Gallagher Husqvarna
    C Class

cool group shot

2 yrs ago at AMA Hall of Fame Museum,

Tom White, Malcolm and my son Mike Jr.
    i think the boy knows the On Any Sunday movie word for word -LOL-

[IMG]

and lets not forget Mr. Enduro funnyman himself:
    "Ed Hertfelter"
    maybe not a Husky rider but when Ed spoke all had open ears !!

[IMG]

just my input on the topic !!,

regards, Mike G. from NJ.
  20. highdez1981430cr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Gotta love the Malcolm in the middle shot!

I was at malcolm`s shop one day a couple of years ago when my wife who recognized Malcolm in his red baseball cap from my constant "ON ANY SUNDAY" playbacks grabed Malcolm by the hand and said you have to met my husband as he has been a fan of yours since 1972 when the movie came out.

I now have a signed autographed poster of Malcolm in my workout room thanks to a wife who knows my love for dirt bikes.
    Malcolm a month later sat down with me and had a cup of coffee (not at the Husky Cafe but on one his dualsport trail rides and said what a tenacious loving wife i had!

I so agree :)

Cheers also to Malcolm and Steve Mcqueen for making Husky history !!!