Now that you bought the TR650 - where ya gonna go?

Discussion in 'TR650' started by Coffee, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Rapid Dog Husqvarna
    AA Class

L.A. to Monterey and back, a one nighter. 700+ miles 90% backroads.
    The Terra handled it marvy!
    [IMG]
    Coltx, Ziggy, delaCrazy and 2 others like this.
  2. Gravityfednick Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650
    Thanks for the advice! I have a lot of other questions as I get into this and I hope you don't mind sharing a little more. With the 3.7 gal tank, did you have to carry extra fuel? If so, what method did you use? Were you able to find high octane fuel along the way and does it matter? I've got a good skid plate and am comprising my spare parts. Did you change oil at all on your trip? I will be traveling West to East and am so fired up for this trip! I've really been enjoying training rides on the weekend. Thanks for your time. Holy crap! You rode home?
  3. Rapid Dog Husqvarna
    AA Class

...not to be off topic, but I am real curious how doing the TAT felt with stock the suspension. I don't feel the stock suspension is up to the task outside of the general capability at mule-speed.
    Just askin'..
  4. turtlemoye Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE511, TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 BMW 1200GSA

I changed the oil in San Francisco before heading home but there's no need to do it along the route, well, unless you get water in it I suppose. I'm from NC and never really spent anytime on the west coast so I road down to Big Sur, up to Yosemite, to the north rim of the Grand Canyon, and eventually back home.

I did carry an extra 1 gal rotopax tank for both water and fuel but truthfully never really used either, 90% of the time they were empty. I ended up using them for my buddy when we got to Moab as his Honda CRF-L 250 had a tiny tank. I followed GPS Kevin's route through Denio Junction, NV and would have ran out of gas there had a local dirt bike rider who lives behind the abandoned gas station not given me gas. I'm pretty sure Sam has rerouted his files to avoid that area, partially due to lack of fuel. I do suggest taking one just to be on the safe side. While gas was generally not in short supply along the route if you got turned around or had to make a long detour it could be needed. I'll see if I can find a pic of how I set up the cans.
  5. Gravityfednick Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650
    I'm ​wondering the same thing. Did you beef it up turtlemoye?
  6. turtlemoye Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE511, TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 BMW 1200GSA
    gullywasher and mag00 like this.
  7. Mark Regier Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra
    LED, duibhceK, nev.. and 2 others like this.
  8. nev.. Terrarist

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 XT1200ZE
  9. Matt Crawley Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 Terra
    Rode to work today.

IMG_0687_MattCrawley_low.jpg

Matt
    franc, Coltx, WoodsChick and 10 others like this.
  10. delaCrazy Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    -
    I looped Angeles Crest in Los Angeles. I didn't have a lot of time but needed to get out.
  11. FER QUILES Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLE500, HONDA NX650

marvellous foto.. WOEWWW.. incredible.. what a wonderfull nature Terra come.
  12. duibhceK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    TRX850; WR450F; XT660Z Tenere
    After failing to get to the Pamir Mountains last year, but finding loads of adventure along the way, we're making another attempt. Due to constraints with work and budget we're taking a different approach. Cutting the trip up in smaller sections, leaving the bikes and flying back until the next opportunity to ride on. Looking forward to find out what's in store for us this time! Last week of August we're leaving for a 3 week trip to the Balkans, leaving our Husqy's behing in Bulgaria.
    The entire story behind our 5 month trip last year is now complete and available on our blog: http://destinationworld.be/category/east-and-back-again-central-asia-2016/

And off course you can still follow along with our new trip on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/destinationworld.be/
    Bermuda Ron and nev.. like this.
  13. JimKelly Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R75/5, Suzuki Stinger, Yamaha YB
    Up in the hills above Gembrook, Victoria

Attached Files:

14. JimKelly Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
  15. JimKelly Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:

Attached Files:

16. JimKelly Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    IMG_0588.JPG
    PaulC and Ziggy like this.
  17. Ziggy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Up in the mountains for a week here in SE Australia. The firetrails are too wet to poke around on so I did a bitumen loop - Great Alpine Rd, Omeo Hway, Bogong High Plains Rd.

Running Karoo 3s which are impressive on the bitumen - way better than the old 2 on the front which wanted to both fall in and run wide at the same time in a bend; and the 2 on the rear squirmed when you asked anything serious of it.

IMG_1511846948625.jpg
    mr husky, Mal, nev.. and 3 others like this.
  18. mr husky Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha R1
    Condamine river rd SE Queensland 1 of 14 river crossing on this road.. The terra nailed it image6.jpeg
    Ogre_fl, Chuffa, LED and 3 others like this.
  19. wferrari Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    V-Strom
    IMG_20180617_110059.jpg

Not as famous as the Alps, but the Apennines in central Italy give as much satisfaction in terms of landscapes and twisty rides. This is a minor pass (Valico di Forca Caruo), but very popular among bikers.
    franc, nev.., Chuffa and 1 other person like this.
  20. Katten Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia Pegaso 650 KTM 250exc-f
    Just doing a Sweden-Poland-Lithuania-Latvia trip on my Terra. 2350 km in 6 days plus 2 over night ferries. Mostly on small asfalt roads with very poor quality and also on gravel, dirt and old stone roads. Fantastic trip and I am so happy with my Terra :-) 784F4F50-E35E-4283-96D3-F5EC1FCD6CD3.jpeg B295DB18-AD72-471D-959A-0D8A1FB767AC.jpeg
    shrubitup, franc, Coltx and 6 others like this.