Now that you bought the TR650 - where ya gonna go?

Discussion in 'TR650' started by Coffee, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Mildly curious as to how far and where you might be taking your new found joy...

For instance, anyone touring California?
    roscotom and LandofMotards like this.
  2. roscotom Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BMW F800GS Adventure
    I want to ride it to Sedona Az, but i am not sure my back side can take 6 or 7 hours on the saddle. Would any of you do that long of a ride on this bike.
  3. Pepe Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    05 BMW 1200GS
    No plans on long trips. Will be using the bike all over Southern California.
    BikingEngineer likes this.
  4. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    Sure! That's what I bought it for. I just spent 13 days in the saddle of my 630, no problem, and this one will be better. Of course, I had a Seat Concepts on the 630. The 650 is going to be my long distance bike.
  5. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Come on dream big people. No one wants to here about your trip to work lol. I would do the pikes peak hillclimb and enter some enduros to see how quickly I could bend the rims. That and I'd ride it to work...lol

Coffee is even going to tow a trailer with it! Now that sounds like an adventure lol
  6. Thumpa Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    CCM Dakar, G650X
    Just returned from 3 day 750 mile jaunt. Longest day 12hrs in the saddle, lotta' dirt and some standing. It could use some help, but it doesn't detract too much from the shear joy of riding this tool. I''l try and do a post ride report soon. It got thoroughly tested, creek crossings , mud clay, cinder hard pack, gravel and several snow passes. There and back, made it, sore arse for sure, but i'd do it all over again tomorrow.
    The saddle could use help, but it could also use some break in time if it's anything like a beemer. Biggest issue, seems to be the slightly forward cant. But all round the design is pretty well thought out for all round scenario st/dt. Go ride the bloody thing man, the joy factor will out weigh the discomfort in the rear!
  7. Navelgazer Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Tr650 terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes
  8. Navelgazer Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Tr650 terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes
    Just ordered a Terra in Oz to do an open ended round Australia adventure and a lot of the bits in the middle. Apparently all these are learner restricted coming in at the moment which have to be converted by the dealer to full power, so i have a short wait. Priorities are to sort the stalling, dangerous IMO, some more fuel would be a must, Andstrapz soft luggage with home made frames and a stronger rear rack, a stronger lighter battery + socket for a GPS. Screen, sump gaurd, bark busters. Coming off a f650gs twin which I had ready to go and crashed, putting me in hospital with a broken pelvis, not 100% now but good enough to do the dream, bugger it, I'm doin it.
    Good to see so many experienced riders have a high opinion of the TR650 Terra as an adventure mount.
    Looking foward to the fixes for the niggling problems on the forum.
  9. v12gte Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Husqvarna Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati, MV Agusta
    This weekend, only 100 miles of bombing around town. Did breakfast at Alice's, and got wet on the way there. The ride back via hwy 84 and then up the coast was well worth it. As soon as the snow melts i will be transporting my bike from San Francisco to my cabin in the Sierras, where at least 300 miles of forest and dirt trails beckon. Yosemite, Cherry Lake, Angels Camp, and all kinds of other attraction are going to be explored.
    Richie Tuna and Coffee like this.
  10. infinitipearl Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati 848 track bike "supermono"
    doing the bmw offroad academy and base camp alpha tour next month. can't wait. and yes, i'll probably be the only non-BMW GS there... :)
  11. johnb Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tr650
    Other Motorcycles:
    yz450f
    I just found this thred and thought it a good place to put my plan.
    Here is an out line of the trip if you are not in OZ you will probley have to google earth it!
    Bryon Bay,Birdsville,Simpson Desert French line(4x4 support),The Fink Desert Race(June 9),Alice Springs,
    Plenty Highway,Boulia,Winton,Aramac(Home town) then back to Bryon!
    What do you think ?:D
    Kiwijeff and Ol'NumNuts like this.
  12. johnb Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tr650
    Other Motorcycles:
    yz450f
    Oh i forgot to add Cafe Husky is the best info you can get!:applause:
  13. Next Strada Demolitionist

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Planning a 2000+ mile trip from Western NC to Connecticut in a few weeks. Hoping to avoid the interstate as much as possible and stay in the mountains most of the way, then pop up to the Poconos. Also considering a detour via St. Louis on the way home, pending my buddies work schedule. Already done a couple of test packs with the Gander Mountain bag that Riding Donkeys recommended. That thing is vacuous and should provide all the storage I need for camping/road trips.
    Todd LaBrie and Lekolite like this.
  14. Lekolite Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Strada
    This stay at home dad will have to settle with 2.5 hour jaunts into Pisgah Forest this summer while kiddos are in their summer program each morning. Sorry it's not quite as exciting as my buddy "next"!
  15. kjackbrown Keep on keepin on.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLR650
    :thinking: Well...practically in my back yard is the Sierra National Forest and Yosemite, and a little to the right and down is Kings Canyon and Seqouia National Parks ! :banana:
  16. blaine.hale Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Terra TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    1973 BMW r75, 1974 BMW R90, Bultaco
    The bike seems to be amazingly perfect at 3-4 day off-road trips in north GA. I've been riding with my brother (te310) and work mate (ktm 625) on these trips and I seem to the only one with my ass in tact afterwards. They stay a little be ahead of me but I'm not as experienced with dirt. Not to mention I'm the smallest guy with the biggest/heaviest bike. I could definitely see doing longer trips either dirt or road, with the appropriate tires. I'm on Pirelli MT21s and currently doing 75% dirt.
  17. adara Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki KLX250
    Planning an extended trip through south-east Europe in a few weeks. From Sweden, via Germany, Austria, Slovenia, Croatia, Montenegro, Albania, Greece - ferry over to Italy and then up through the Alpes again. No clue how many miles but we have 4 weeks to play with. Any left over time will be spent in the Alpes..=)
    PaulC, FER QUILES, HuskyDude and 3 others like this.
  18. mario33 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra'13 - Lady in Red 2
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    You're missing a good part... Poland :)
    adara and HuskyDude like this.
  19. Navelgazer Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Tr650 terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes
    Sounds great, jealous, envious, etc, not able to due to a couple of medical things to clear up, but plan to be on the road by Aug, Sept at the latest. Have fun and give me a heads up on the best bits.

HNG
  20. msmith345 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 WR250, '92 360, '80 390
    Other Motorcycles:
    '72 Yamaha R5, '17 SV650
    My Strada is getting angry with me. Due to my race schedule consuming all weekends, and the weather trending on being crappy after work, my WR has actually gotten more miles put on it than the TR since I brought it home.

Looking like I'll have a couple breaks in my schedule. Basically this weekend, then might skip some races on memorial day weekend, then next opening is in July. So, if anyone has any cool back road trip ideas through the Ozarks that could fit in a 3 day weekend from Kansas City, I'd love to hear them. (you can PM me to not clog this thread, unless of course it's a trip you took your's on :-D)