Now that you bought the TR650 - where ya gonna go?

Discussion in 'TR650' started by Coffee, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Trail Boss Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda XR650L
    During one of our rides in the Texas hill country, I handed my camera to one of members of the group and asked him for a photo of me at this particular water crossing. I liked the picture and thought I would turn it into a humorous spin-off of those ubiquitous "motivational" posters that companies hang on the walls to inspire the employees.
    [IMG]
    Ziggy, gullywasher, LED and 4 others like this.
  2. Newfoundlander Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Another Newfoundland coastal view.

[IMG]
    nev.., DeLewis, LED and 2 others like this.
  3. Newfoundlander Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    and another

[IMG]
    gullywasher and johnsweet like this.
  4. DeLewis Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    A recent trip to Beachport, South Australia - simply awesome sand riding on the dunes and the beaches. These bikes are not really suited to this kind of terrain (there were lots of steep dunes and twisting tracks) but the TR impressed me with what it's capable of.

IMG_5904.JPG IMG_5899.JPG IMG_5886.JPG IMG_5902.JPG
  5. gullywasher Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ6, Beta 300RR
    Followed a couple of two-stroke enduro bikes through Pike National Forest outside of Divide, Colorado USA. I was too lazy to pull off the stock tires and spoon on the 606's, so the crash bars got a good workout on the single and quad track that day. So did I from picking the bike up after the four or five times we dug a hole together. Some of the riding was pretty tight and technical for a bike as large as the Terra wearing some pretty streety rubber, but it was a hell of a good time nonetheless. Wish I could have taken more pictures, but we don't like to stop that much.

20161023_122025.jpg 20161023_121938.jpg 20161023_125757.jpg
    Scott Jones, nev.., LED and 2 others like this.
  6. James Rideout Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    Rm250, DR650

Left the Annapolis Valley Nova Scotia last year and drove home to the rock, CBS to be exact. Yup I'm almost a townie.

Cape Breton Island and the West coast were an awesome ride. Hitting Deer lake to Gander was brutal though, moose and trees lol.
    Newfoundlander likes this.
  7. Trail Boss Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda XR650L
    I just returned from a 4 day trip to the Sierra Madre Oriental mountains of northeast Mexico on my Terra.
    [IMG]

Our goal was to explore some new-to-us remote dirt roads deep in the backwoods. We successfully met that goal and enjoyed some fun but challenging riding. Here are a few shots of the Terra from the trip.

Three hundred year old hacienda converted into a hotel.
    [IMG]

Steep mountain road. While the Terra was easily capable of handling this road, it is a bit on the heavy side when trying to navigate steep switchbacks covered in baby head sized rocks. Note that the power lines parallel the road - check out the powerline poles as the march up the distant mountain. They indicate where the road is and just how steep it is.
    [IMG]

Riding the Terra up a really scenic shelf road.
    [IMG]

Overlooking a high mountain plain.
    [IMG]

Sometimes the riding is so good you have to stop and fist bump with your buddy.
    [IMG]

Lost in the fog
    [IMG]

The last shot before leaving the mountains and making the long ride back to Texas.
    [IMG]
    glitch_oz, Ziggy, LED and 11 others like this.
  8. Johnn Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    T4 Moto Guzzi
    on
    ghost gum (2).JPG

On the way back from Queanbeyan having the software update by Dahlitz Motorcycles. (Random Stall gone ta ta's :applause: - hesitation remains:naughty: )

Stopped at the Ghost Gum Cafe Putty Road for lunch. The band had packed up and the crowds were gone. Saw heaps of bikes on the road.

Sign in the background says it all. ' Motorcycle parking Only' with concrete to park bikes on.

Crap road but nice spot.

[IMG]

Attached Files:

PaulC likes this.
  9. Ziggy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Bogong From the top of Stony Top Tk (2).JPG Feathertop From the top of Stony Top Tk.JPG From the top of Stony Top Tk (4).JPG Goldie Spur Tk looking south to Cobbler.JPG Got up into the Victorian Alps - some great views, some riding verging on trials. Had to cross a ford and that took some psyching up to do! Max altitude nearly 1600m. Impressed with how the Terra handles both loaded and unloaded.
    PaulC, sussurf, FER QUILES and 3 others like this.
  10. Ziggy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Took the Strada out today for the first fang with all the horses in harness.

With those narrow tyres it's an agile beast. Most enjoyable.

No pics sorry. Imagine twisty mountain blacktop running through cathedrals of trees - these are the tallest flowering plants in the world.

For the locals: Black Spur, Reefton, Donna Buang, Chum Ck Rd etc.
    JimKelly likes this.
  11. Ogre_fl Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Tiger 1050
    Been a while since I have wanted to take the Terra out just to play.
    A hot summer followed by 3 super dry months resulted in very DEEP sand everywhere.

Finally got some rain so I threw the 21/18 knobbies on and and it was fun to get back out in the forest.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    mag00, tweber, LED and 2 others like this.
  12. JimKelly Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R75/5, Suzuki Stinger, Yamaha YB
    Day ride up around Gembrook, Victoria, Australia

IMG_0101.JPG
    rockyrida and FER QUILES like this.
  13. FER QUILES Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLE500, HONDA NX650
    SIERRA FRANCIA, S DE BEJAR, VALLE DEL JERTE. EXTREMADURA SPAIN

Attached Files:

FabOneUp likes this.
  14. FER QUILES Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLE500, HONDA NX650
    ARRIBES DEL DUERO .PORTUGAL- SPAIN

Attached Files:

15. Scott Jones Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    1995 Kawasaki KLR 250 2016 Beta XT
    Gullywasher: ". . . two-stroke enduro bikes through Pike National Forest . . ."

Hey! Cool! You were riding the Terra with a Beta Xtrainer! Talk about opposite ends of the spectrum. Last year I made the XT a companion of my Terra. Between them they nicely handle anything I ever ride. And I much prefer picking up the XT rather than the Terra off-road.
    gullywasher likes this.
  16. gullywasher Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ6, Beta 300RR

The XTrainer is a cool bike. I have a Beta 300RR Race Edition myself which is much better suited to that kind of riding. But I think it is a fun challenge to chug through that kind of terrain on a big dual sport every now and again!
  17. Rapid Dog Husqvarna
    AA Class

...right around my backyard...

[IMG]
    mag00 likes this.
  18. Ogre_fl Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Tiger 1050
    I am planning a very long and arduous journey, that by my best estimate will take me at least 2 weeks..........the 1,400 miles to bring it to a freaking dealer for the ECU update.
    Matt Crawley likes this.
  19. Gravityfednick Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650
    I bought mine in hopes of riding the entire TAT next summer. I've got a lot to do prepping the bike and doing my research so I'll take any advice anyone can offer.
  20. turtlemoye Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE511, TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 BMW 1200GSA

I did the entire TAT 2 years ago and the bike preformed perfectly. Well, except for the busted gas tank. I'm a pretty big guy, had the bike fully loaded and ride it hard. The upper shock bolt snapped in half sending the shock through the gas tank somewhere in CO. My advice, remove the bolt and replace it with the highest grade you can. Get a nice skid plate (the factory option one is junk) from Altrider, do the pod mod, and drill the holes in the swing arm to let water out. Put on a fresh set of tires, chain & sprockets and you're good. I also took 14 & 15 tooth sprockets with me to swap out as needed. I'm pretty sure I installed the 15 just before I got to CO and put the 16 back on for the road ride back home.