1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Next project - 2002 CR250

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Motosportz, Jan 11, 2014.

1. jimjim Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    gasgas
    Nice bike are the graphics stock?
  2. bulto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 cr 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm maico honda
    Motosportz, do you know if the stock fatbar clamps from later models fit 2002 cr triples? Need new bars and like fatbars too. Thanks.
  3. msmith345 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 WR250, '92 360, '80 390
    Other Motorcycles:
    '72 Yamaha R5, '17 SV650
    Triples and bushings are different. Not sure about swap-ability of mounts but could be possible, might change the angle a bit.

If you want a tried and tested mount (are they no longer a sponsor here?):
    http://brpmoto.com/products?page=sh...ypage.pbv.tpl&product_id=966&category_id=1512
  4. chris anders Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 CR250 , 2002 CR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2003 Suzuki RM250
    GraphicMX made them for me-they did a nice job on them
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

I dont think so, the side to side spacing is wider on the new stuff I believe.
  6. bulto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 cr 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm maico honda
    Thanks . BRP seems to be what I'm looking for!
  7. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150

I painted them with automotive colour match paint.
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Update: going to try a trials tire again. Getting her ready to lead a group this weekend. Fun.

[IMG]
    mkfox, wallybean, jaked308 and 2 others like this.
  9. shrubitup Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '00 TE610 (pretty much a WXE610)
    Other Motorcycles:
    Husaberg FE450, KTM 200EXC, Triumph
    looking good, those risers are high! who makes those?
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Stacked 2 aluminum collars I had laying around my shop. Looks real high but the bars are a low bend. Feels good where they are. Feels great standing.
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    All ready for tomorrows mission of gnar. :thumbsup: Install new trials tire, chain, sprockets, brake side rear bearing, Lectron (already runs / starts much better), clean air filter, double check bolts, lube stuff. Man bikes are time consuming. Time for some fun.

[IMG]

Cable choke is very nice on this tight install.

[IMG]

[IMG]

I haven't ran a trials tire in years. Its a CR but came to me with a 18 and it has a very luggable motor. I ride the gnar with this bike so it just seems like the right tire to try on the right bike. We will see. It looks funny and is very skinny.

[IMG]
    mkfox, shrubitup and wallybean like this.
  12. shrubitup Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '00 TE610 (pretty much a WXE610)
    Other Motorcycles:
    Husaberg FE450, KTM 200EXC, Triumph
    hmm, looks like a torque plate on the end of the VF3, I suggest an enduro engineering skid plate - it fits my WR300 like a glove, why is your rear axle inserted in reverse? who makes that rear sprocket? looks good.
  13. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    Must say the float height looks a fair bit off on that 38 ! If I set mine that high and lean the bike over a bit it goes all rich and dies at idle, Just saying as others may have the same problem :thumbsup:
  14. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    My axle bolt is the same direction it doesn't make any difference just prefer pushing the bolt in with my right hand.
    Good looking bike kelly sure you don't need to be told but less air in trials tyre as will deform better for traction.
  15. mkfox Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    1973 Greeves Griffon
    How did you mount your choke cable? I have the exact same IMS/Lectron set-up and tight for sure. Adjustments are a pain having to remove the tank every time. Glad that once it's right I don't have to do it again when it rains, it's sunny, there are 8 clouds in the sky not 4. The Mikuni makes a great paperweight though.
  16. clarkmcmp Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2001 CR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    1987 Honda XR200, 1988 XR100
    I just bought this bike from a friend last week. I thought I might keep it for the family to use. It is way more bike than my inexperienced family needs. Was thinking about making it a woods bike. I'm more excited after reading you guys enthusiasm. What all is '01 lacking that '02 has? I think one of you guys deserve it more than my old butt does.
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Yes torque plate and V-force 3 reed block. Was that way when I got it. Makes carb fitting REALLY tight. the rear axle is in reverse (good eye) because my triangle fits that side (left). Makes no difference functionally. Rear sprocket is a PBI, good stuff.
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Bike ran stinking PERFECT. I love these carbs. Before install I turned the rod 1/4 leaner and turned the PJ from one full turn out to 1/2 turn out (leaner) based on knowing they ship erroring on the rich side and I always end up going leaner for my tight woods riding. Bike starts WAY EZer, has instant response, makes more power, is smoother, pulls incredible everywhere and got way better milage. Funny thing is the stock carb works good, this one just works better in every way.
    johnnyboy likes this.
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I ran about 8-9 psi. Scared to run less as I ride a lot of rocks. Worked excellent and I sat at the top of several greasy slimy nasty hills yesterday waiting for my crew. On one big hill buddy adam got stopped by slick clay and roots in fornt of me. I stopped, lined up an even nastier section to go around and motored by. Was shocking the amount of grip those tires have in situation you think they would not work at all. Takes a different approach to handling and steering but once you readjust your lines and thinking they are pretty amazing. Will do a short writeup on it.
    juicypips likes this.
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    for now just let it dangle out the right side. EZ to get to and hardly ever needed. As for adjustments as above I leaned my out before installing and ended up perfect. Adjusting it would be no big deal, quick remove seat, one 8mm bolt, pull the hose and the tank is off. 2 minutes. Rotate carb pull out slide. EZ. And like you said, once you get it where you like it you really never need to adjust anything but the idle.

it does except it is stinky :>) I have Lectrons on every carbed bike I own and ride now (165, 250, XC500). Kinda hate standard carbs anymore.