1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Next project - 2002 CR250

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Motosportz, Jan 11, 2014.

1. mkfox Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    1973 Greeves Griffon
    I seem to be different. Mine was lean as delivered. Yeah not a huge deal getting to the carb but not as easy as the newer bikes look. Luckily it only took me 3 tries to get it spot on:applause: . If it was as easy as the newer bikes I might not have hated the Mikuni so much.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    So buddy Adam and I hosted / led some guys from NE Washington around the tillamook burn area. Diamond mill to be exact. They got their moneys worth and were dragging after 44 miles of gnar. Was a great group and had a great time. All KTMs (5) except Adam and I on huskys. :) Everyone had a great time. Were several impressive loop outs on some big climbs. Might be some helmet cam of those somewhere. Adam managed to pinball some trees at speed. Everyone survived and were happily beat up afterwards. Very happy crew. The CR250 is officially dialed and amazing. Motor was always good, now much gooder with the lectron and responsiveness. Trials tire was very impressive and I already knew this area loved trails tires as there is lots of wet slimy roots and rocks.

Good times...

waiting their turn at a small hill..

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

this is the steep hill I motored right up like I had studs. Had time to get the cam out and get some pix. Trials tires rule on this stuff.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    woodsrider and juicypips like this.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Mine would be EZ with the stock tank but the 3.4 gallon wraps around the carb. Can hardly see it let alone get to it.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  5. mkfox Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    1973 Greeves Griffon
    I have the same IMS 3.4 on my 02 WR. Wraps all around the carb yes, but is quite slim and nice ergos for 3.4 gallons. That's why I like the Lectron so much. You did good for me.:thumbsup:
    Motosportz likes this.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    One of the better big tanks going and part of the reason I like the 2000-04 bikes. I need to check my milage from yesterday but just looking at the tank it looks like I used a little less than half tank for 44 miles of gnar. I bet I can do 90 miles now or about 10-15 miles more with the Lectron than stock carb.
  7. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Surprised I didn't run into you out there as we covered a lot of the same ground. I didn't show up til about noon though.

I cant believe all the new trails out there. I actually stopped in Glenwood and got a new map, but then left it in the truck, so I rode around lost most of the day.
    454x likes this.
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Sorry, we should have hooked up, did a really good loop. Were lots of people up there for just an OK weather day.
  9. kev900sp Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC450 78 CR390 02 cr250 87 cr430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati 900SP, Cannondale , Maico 490
    Thank you, I will certainly need advice. Have you done conversion to 07 tank and plastics?
  10. flyingbob Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    01 WR360_02 WR250_12 WB165_17 FC350
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VOR400_07 TM450_22 GG250_07 Tuono
    Was anyone running a rear Dunlop AT81RC with tubliss setup?