News about the 630

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Mickey, Nov 9, 2009.

1. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I wonder if that black swingarm will fit an 08 CR 125? Wouldn't that look cool?
  2. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just take the TE510 and give it the TE610 gear box and a 4 gl tank option and be done with it! How easy would that have been?
  3. supergper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Then you are also looking at higher maintenance intervals though. (I guess I can't really say that since we don't know what the intervals are on the new 630)
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Room for both. Do the TE510 up as you said, maybe add a oil cooler. Then re-purpose the 610 up the chain a little and make it a light adventure bike offering long range accessories. Win / win.
  5. supergper Husqvarna
    AA Class

I like!
  6. surfer1100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250, Memories of past tiddlers.
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM-01 EN 125, 03 125 MX, 09 EN 155
    Simple economics unfortunately, smaller market equals higher price. As a dual citizen I can empathize, but Scott does an amazing job leveling the field:thumbsup:....My summer job boss just bought one of the closeout TC 510s and I hope I was part of the influence:busted:, from what I hear he is ecstatic! 10% sounds very fair as the Canadian population is roughly 10% of the American.
  7. Mickey Husqvarna
    A Class

8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Is that SMQ still alive or is this an older pic?

[IMG]
  9. rajobigguy Administrator

I'm pretty sure that is an old pic. Remember when we (you) photoshoped that thing until we got it looking good?
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    yep my photochop...

[IMG]
  11. JoeF Husqvarna
    B Class

12. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

Damn Kelly
    I forgot how attractive you've managed to get that ……that…..atrocity to look

Your creation is actually a good looking bike :applause:

:thumbsup:
  13. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
  14. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501

Martino Bianchi

did he say 155Kilos?? 341Lbs??? heavy no??
  15. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

Soooo…….
    No gray color option for the SM?

:excuseme:
  16. Canada-eh? Husqvarna
    C Class

COFFEE EDIT: This post is regarding a 2007 610 *NOT* a 630

So on a local forum (B.C. canada) I've had some negative feed back on the new TE630 below. Any input on this guys?

-I hate to tell you this but the forks are in fact crap (or the settings). Aaron speaks from experience cause he rode a 610 and 510 before.

You have to spend about $300-500 to fix it by having them re-valved/spring change etc. I believe Husky designs their bikes for supermoto in mind and dirt is a by product by just slapping on some dirt rims.

My 610 forks are so hard and stiff that I have to rebound and compression totally off and they are still to stiff. This winter I'm taking the bike apart and having the entire suspension re-done.

Turned halfway on compression I get 2% rider sag. Totally off lucky to get 7%. It should be 20-30%. I weigh 190lbs.

Marzocchi forks settings for dirt are garbage!

Lev
  17. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

OK, well firstly $300 to "fix" them doesn't make them "crap"

My BMW had "crap" shocks that could not be IMPROVED period. They had to be replaced.

Secondly, Yes the 610's forks are very very stiff. Until they break in, they get better and better.

Do the math $300 to 'fix' the husky fork vs $3000 for a KTM with the forks better out of the box. Hmmmmm which will I choose:excuseme:

Then of course you get to the 610/630 transmission, which is sublime. The other bikes have close ratio transmissions that cannot be fixed for any cost.
  18. rajobigguy Administrator

If you're riding aggressively enough that the stock forks aren't good enough for you then no matter what you get you're likely going to have the suspension re sprung for you're weight anyway so you're really only throwing a few dollars more at Husky for a little extra tuning.
  19. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I'm confused how someone could have ridden a 630 at this time that does not have a close connection with Husqvarna Corp, *really* confused.

Personally I did not like my suspension on my 2006 TE250 and had it re-done. Many people do that. No I do not think they have the best valving from the factory, but they seem like high quality components to me.

All that aside I am completely unclear on how a dual sport bike could come with anything close to proper suspension for the majority of the people simply because of the wide variety of uses for a dual sport. In addition to the huge variations in people size, there is a *huge* variation of what people carry. I've seen some pretty loaded up bikes for long distance travel.

I think this is a pic of a 610, it shows the general concept regardless.

[IMG]

I believe the statement copied from another forum is a little over the top for the issues being discussed.
  20. Canada-eh? Husqvarna
    C Class

Regardless I'm ready to get one ASAP.:thumbsup:

But I'm thinking this guy has had a Te with same forks from previous year. And has set his opinion on that. But like you said" it's a new bike with different set up",frame,length, weight.ectra. So they may work well with this bike. Thanks for the feed back guys . Dad use to say "remember son Opinions are like @@s H0les, every one has one". ..LOL