News about the 630

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Mickey, Nov 9, 2009.

1. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Looks heavy. For the TE, I think they should have stayed away from the Sumo front fender and headlight look and nix the dual exhaust.
  2. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

330 lbs claimed dry weight.
  3. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    I like the new 630's, except the dualie on the TE. I lke the looks/graphics of the WRE 125 more. The big Husky H on the radiator conveyors is beautiful. :thumbsup: I want those for my 510.

A pair of Uptite cans on the TE 630 would be more then OK though. That would be awesome!

The step up seats sure look nice.
  4. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

I think the graphics are in-mould.
  5. WestCoast Husqvarna
    AA Class

330 lbs.? Is that correct??

300 plus pounds----Sounds like alot.
    Where does all the weight come from?
  6. miketv Husqvarna
    A Class

Well, I'm pretty bummed with the 330lb weight, no compression adjusters on the 45mm Marzocchi's (which suck in stock form), 3gal tank, and not much new except for the powerplant and some pretty skins. I think Husky coulda easily hit a homerun here but just smacked a double...:confused: Maybe in SM trim it's cool but the TE is a dud IMO. 60+ hp is great but you have to be able to effectively put it to the ground and manage it (insert suspension here). I mean, do you really need 75hp for trail riding? Open desert, yes, but for us east coasters the practicality of a 300+lb dirtbike that will hit warp speed is not really necessary.
    On the plus side: it is pretty and the DOHC motor looks great, just hope it has the same reliability as the older powerplant. I think if Husqvarna would have looked into a completely new suspension, some chassis tweaks, larger factory tank option and find a way to trim the dry weight at or just under 300lbs. Then the bike in TE form would be a total killer in it's class. I would be the first to mortgage a body part for one as I'm a Husky die hard. Anyone care to guess the retail price?
    Maybe in time it will grow on me but for now I think I'll keep my 2006 TE610, thank you very much:excuseme:

So once again we are left with a "potentially" GREAT bike that will need a grand or two in mods to make it really good. I already did that with my 2006 and am not really interested in doing it again. Looks like I'm gonna buy a WR300 after all..
  7. Blazes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Eddie Seel 634SMR works Replica -
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilla Dosodoro 2X 2009 610
    Yes i agree --the weight is also a problem for me. Sold my previous bike because i hate a heavy bike. My 09 610 TE is about the max i want to handle.
  8. Dirty Bikes Husqvarna
    A Class

Probably close to $10K
  9. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

$9500 CDN is that I have been told. Probably around $8500 US.
  10. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

11. rajobigguy Administrator

Not much specualtion. It most defineitly has twice pipes, of course we don't always get whats unveiled at the shows so the final delivered product might end up being different.
  12. highball Husqvarna
    B Class

I agree the suspension should have been upgraded. Getting the forks rebuilt costs some $$ for sure, but always well worth it. A guy could have the compression adjusters added at the same time, I suppose. I recently had Les from L-T Racing take care of my TE250 and learned why everyone likes Les and his work.

From what some are saying, the 20 pounds of gained weight can be remedied, but again more $$.
    On the bright side, if the Te 630 is "only" $8,500, then even after spending the $$ for the mods, aren't you comparable or below the cost of buying a KTM?
  13. Dirty Bikes Husqvarna
    A Class

With today's exchange rate a $8,500 USD bike is $8,881.49 CAD...I see the usual Because You Are Canadian costs are being applied :lol:
  14. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just for the record:
    Les will install compression clickers for under $50 while doing your forks.
    Its no biggee.
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I have the compression clickers here for sale and no one wants them :excuseme:
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    How cool is that!!! :thumbsup:
  17. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Thanks!
  18. brock Husqvarna
    AA Class

I saw the 630 and the 50 at Milan, as well as behind the scenes at Husqvarna central. Expect great things my friends!! :thumbsup:
  19. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Cool down Matt. In conversation with the new CDN Husq Dist, he tells me that CDN prices will be 10% higher than US which is more than fair. The CDN $ is on a bit of a tear this week, but less than 10 days ago, it cost $1.11 CA to buy a US $.

He also said that their legal bill to do all the Trans Can stuff has already hit $25K and they arent close to being done. Unfortunately someone (us) has to pay for this.
  20. Dirty Bikes Husqvarna
    A Class

Cool down????

I was laughing not ranting...

:lol: <----- this means funny

:banghead: <---- this means not funny