New Seat- TE630

Discussion in 'Seat Concepts' started by mxbundy, Nov 15, 2010.

1. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I love it. My report is here: http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/630-got-some-new-doo-dads-farkles-wing-dings-whatever-you-call-them

Per the Seat Concepts FAQ:

http://seatconcepts.art.officelive.com/FAQ.aspx

I'm 179 lbs and I find the seat just about perfect, as far as firmness goes.
  2. oneleven Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    My review of the Seat Concepts seat. I've had a few weeks of saddle time on it now, but first some pics of how it arrived:
    DSCN6561.jpg DSCN6566.jpg DSCN6567.jpg DSCN6569.jpg DSCN6570.jpg
  3. oneleven Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    I've limited experience working with vinyl (custom focal kickpods in the car, sub install, etc when I went through that car stereo phase :rolleyes:) So, I consider this install another notch on the experience pole. Still learning! Anyways, tools for the seat install: electric stapler, stainless steel staples, screwdriver, and 3M Super 77.
    DSCN6579.jpg Foam comparison DSCN6582.jpg The SC foam is softer and has "give" unlike the stocker, which pushes back no matter how lightly you press on it. It's almost like memory foam.
    DSCN6584.jpg putting in the first few staples DSCN6591.jpg DSCN6592.jpg Stapler was on high power and worked pretty well at getting the staples into the pan.
  4. oneleven Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Making progress. The corners are challenging to say the least. DSCN6593.jpg Plastic mallet came in handy for the thicker parts of the pan the staples struggled in. DSCN6594.jpg DSCN6598.jpg Don't be stingy with the staples now! DSCN6599.jpg DSCN6600.jpg Finito!
  5. oneleven Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    DSCN6604.jpg
    Job well..more or less done! I tried to heed the instructions about not pulling it too tight, but I couldn't help myself. As you can see the front is lifting up due to the vinyl pulling on the flexible seat pan. Oh well, at least no wrinkles!

Now that I have a few weeks on it: Comfort is huuuge over stock. I used to be able to go 1 hour max before a break, now I can do 2 1/2 and more (haven't had a longer trip to really test it out yet). The wide shape really helps spread out the pressure at the cost of slightly less foot plant. The vinyl is really easy to grip with your knees when you're standing up, but not soo grippy that you can't shift position while street riding. Cleaning is a cinch. Dirt doesn't stick to it like the stocker. And it looks trick!
    Negatives?....it only comes in black....can't really think of anything else. Overall, it's the best bang for buck seat available imho.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
    mxbundy likes this.
  6. mxbundy CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    all
    oneleven,

Glad you like the seat and thanks for the write up!
    looks bitchin on your ride!

Bundy
  7. twolane Husqvarna
    A Class

I did a 6 1/2 hour ride Saturday and my seat was perfect! Before it was 20-30 miles max before I got sore, but not this weekend!
    Thanks again Seat Concepts!
  8. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

That's great to hear! Bill is getting a few in and one will have my name on it.
  9. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I just rode 2000 miles on my Seat Concepts seat in 5 days. I couldn't have asked for a more comfortable seat!
  10. pinocono Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husky should just have Seat Concepts make the seats for their bikes. Ordered my seat kit Saturday, received and installed it Tuesday, been grinnin' ever since. Way more better! Thanks for the quick service, and more importantly, a quality product that increases my enjoyment of my bike.
  11. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

and at a VERY reasonable price.
  12. pinocono Husqvarna
    AA Class

That's a fact. My wife's used to me spending $350-$500 for seats for the various Harleys we've had over the years. When I told her how much I paid, she was nearly as impressed as I was.
  13. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

I just inquired about getting a custom seat cover with the gripper top changed to the carbon (for SM630 - need to be able to move around more) and was quoted $40 shipped. Now that is great customer service at a very low price! I would expect a custom cover to be much more.
  14. JoiseyJanet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Another happy customer. I went the custom route with Seat Concepts. . . wanting a lower, more narrow seat than what Seat Concepts offers in their standard TE630 seat cover/foam. The OEM TE630 seat is 6-inches wide throughout and the Seat Concepts standard replacement is 10-inches at its widest.

Emailing instructions and getting feedback from Robert was a great. He knows his stuff and is extremely responsive.

After giving him my weight (130) and inseam (29) and letting him know I wanted about an inch off the seat height, not too squishy, and with a more narrow seat than his standard replacment, I let him decide what foam density and width would work best for me.

I also asked for smooth vinyl throughout with red stitching.

I mailed them my stock seat before leaving on holiday in late December, and received the completed seat early on the second week of January.

Wow! What a difference! The best compliment I can give is that I don't even notice the seat during all-day rides. Seat at widest point is 9 inches, which works out well for me.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Tinken, Court Rand and Coffee like this.
  15. Court Rand Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    DR650, KLR650, V-Strom 650, R1200GS,
    Is there a special coupon code for Cafe Husky?
  16. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

Seat looks great
    Your front wind screen is the best I have seen on the 630's :thumbsup:
  17. JoiseyJanet Husqvarna
    AA Class

18. dru Husqvarna
    A Class

Just installed the seat concepts SM630 seat and I'm very impressed. I opted for the all vinyl seat cover. The seat in my opinion makes the bike look better! Love it had a little bit of a learning curve on installing the seat myself but after pulling some staples and taking my time it turned out to my satisfaction. I would highly recommend Seatconcepts they do great work and the only thing I regret was not mentioning Cafe Husky for a discount. Best money I've spent on my bike so far. Can't wait to try this seat out on a very long ride.

Attached Files:

asi00007 likes this.
  19. SteadyEddie Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '04 450SMR
    Other Motorcycles:
    '11 630SMS & '99 Dyna HD
    After riding the new bike 5 nights straight, I feel like I just spent (30) days in the hole - Ugh

I am looking into this but am not "handy" enough to do this kind of thing nor do I have the tools - Need to hunt for local shop - OR, if you have a SMS seat laying around and want to install it for me (so I don't have to ship mine) and charge me more, I think I would be okay with that
  20. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I took mine to a local upholstery shop and had them install the kit. Cost me $50. Worth the money.