post your last purchase for your 630

Discussion in '610/630' started by ckanderson, Sep 11, 2011.

1. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    That's how I powered my GPS lead. Works great. Powered up with the key, draws so little.

The fuze block is a great idea though if you have a bunch of powered accessories.
  2. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I'd just scratch the heck out of them changing tires.
  3. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    You can pickup a set of black excel's, easy. Or take yours off and have them powdercoated.

They do scratch easier, but stay nice for a long time. 3 of my 4 bikes have black rims. A couple of pieces of plastic under the tire irons keep them from getting scratched while tire changing. Scratches can be touched up with a black sharpie pen. :thumbsup:
    Whatevier likes this.
  4. sethro Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Yes I am going to get me a extra set of wheels this summer and keep more street orientated tires on one set and full dirt on the other. Might try those wheel sets with the pretty red hubs .

A Coats 220 tire machine in the garage helps with the scratching problem :)

Sethro
  5. Whatevier Husqvarna
    A Class

No idea really.. black rims and a little bigger rear rim (so u can fit 160 tires without problem in the SMS) should be a must from the factory.. maybe they want you to buy some Excel Rims or sth..

but well.. it's a nice feeling when you change something yourself..
    and it's a not so costly change.. 70 euros for 2 rims and the 4 exhaust guards for powercoat paint (i don't know if i got the name correct, its called electrostatic here) sounds like a good deal to me..

taking em apart and putting them back together is rather costly though :banghead: (and everyone told me it's something i shouldn't try myself so.. bye bye my euros.. but bah my next tire change would be in a year, so i couldn't resist)
  6. Whatevier Husqvarna
    A Class

Nice little tip there!
    I was a bit worried about the tire change, but i think everything will turn out all right.
  7. johngil Husqvarna
    A Class

Fork re-valve and compression adjusters from ESP. Hope this does the trick up front.
  8. BiG DoM Husqvarna
    AA Class

There are many plastic wrap products on the market now and the colour of most parts of a car or bike can be easily changed and reversed if necessary. I would seriously consider this option first. They sometimes slightly perforate the covering (as they do with tank stickers) as some tank platics 'breath' fumes. There are though a large variety of vinyls that they can choose from. The plastic will not paint or dye well.
  9. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    I'm going to check on that. After much research, I fear you are correct. No paint or dye on PE plastic.
  10. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    Motorcycle decal printers can put them on perf vinyl. They'll stay put for a longggg time.
    Not very expensive either.

Here's a custom set of decals we did for my kid's new WR because he didn't want a 'blue' bike. Yes, it's a WR250F!

[IMG]
    Whatevier likes this.
  11. SilverBullet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 300EXC, V-Strom650, Super Tenere
    Very interested to hear how this turns out and the costs involved. Please post a review after.

_
  12. JoiseyJanet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Wow! That is just too pretty for the dirt. Love the design!
  13. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    That is a beautiful piece of work. This morning I talked to the wrap folks and learned a bit. The perforated vinyl is much tougher than the solid, and will not take curves and other deformations in the tank. I snagged a piece of the solid and have it stuck on my WR's Safari tank as a test, but what I think I'll do is think about using several pieces of the perforated on the broad countour areas of the 630 Safari tank, letting the white show thru as done above. I really like the graphis on your son's tank and something like that on the lower section of the tank would go a long way toward minimizing the bulky look. I'll have to do some research on designs and see if there is anything out there in useable form. Where did you get the graphics on the WR?
  14. BiG DoM Husqvarna
    AA Class

DSC00888.JPG Some printed peforated vinyl graphics on a friends SE Safari tank
  15. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    I looked up Stellar mx on the web but my computer sez it is a malicious web site! I have a call in to them. Nothing for the Safari, but maybe they could do it.
  16. JoiseyJanet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sounds like a great idea. Look forward to the pics.

Thanks for posting the pic of your friend's Safari tank w/ perf vinyl graphics. I've got a similar windscreen (for a 990SM) to try and work on the TE630.

Love the Red Bull graphics on a KTM. I've got a fresh set to apply to my 400exc, but am waiting until I biff less in the rocks.:)
  17. Rsquared Husqvarna
    AA Class

The heating process used in the powder-coating will remove the tempering from the wheel and make it easier to bend...
    [IMG]
  18. JoiseyJanet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Installed a KTM Touring Windscreen for a 950/990 Supermoto.
    Bought some stainless bolts and rubber washers from our local hardware. The screen fitted up nice and firm.
    I like my screens small and simple, and this one gets the wind off of my chest. Wind is up at the helmet faceshield now on my short torso (5'4" w/ 29-inseam), and there is not any flopping of the screen.

Here are some measurements after installation:
    The top shield bolts are a quarter inch down from top of headlamp plastic.
    Top of shield is 7 inches above headlight plastic at center and 6.5 inches above at sides.
    The shield itself is 10 inches high at center, 11 inches high at sides.
    Shield is 9 inches wide at top and 11 inches wide at its widest (near bottom).
    Very bottom of shield is 6.5 inches wide.

[IMG]
    [IMG]

KTM makes several touring windscreens for their bikes.

This is what I got:
    http://www.ktm-parts.com/62608065000.html

[IMG]

And another model that might work and looks good and may afford a little more protection (appears to be taller and perhaps a touch wider):

http://www.ktm-parts.com/76508065000.html

[IMG]

Other KTM screens:

http://www.ktm-parts.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=K&Screen=SRCH&Search=windscreen
    Muddy Waters likes this.
  19. BiG DoM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Must say looks good - could be OEM as all the shapes and angles match up perfectly.:applause:
  20. SilverBullet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 300EXC, V-Strom650, Super Tenere
    Good find and very nice. I am usually against windshields but this one compliments the bike well. Best thing it is so easily mounted and completely reversable. Just buy an extra stock Husky fairing for $35 and you can revert back to stock in literally 10 seconds.

_