New Rack for TE630 Coming From Turbo City

Discussion in '610/630' started by CJBROWN, Sep 21, 2011.

1. targaman2 Husqvarna
    C Class

Hello CJ,
    Your plates look like the solution I have been looking for.Is there any way you can send me a PDF as well please?I am not sure the best way to get my E-mail address to you though, any suggestions?
    Cheers, Herb
  2. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    Sure. Looks like I can post up the PDF here.

FULL SIZE PATTERNS FOR SUBFRAME PLATES HERE.

Funny, I was browsing some test ride reports online yesterday and one of them wrote that the 630 had a 'composite' subframe. Idiots. :busted:

Attached Files:

Rotax_655, arbo and OlliTee like this.
  3. targaman2 Husqvarna
    C Class

Many Thanks CJ, this saves me a lot of time.
    Cheers, Herb
  4. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    SuperTenere-GL1800-CBR900RR-KLX250S
    They probably have it confused with the FE570 'berg. I considered buying one but didn't like the small gas tank and lack of rear subframe. The TE checked off more boxes on the wish list...
  5. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    I consider the FE570 the ultimate dualsport motorcycle. Malcolm Smith himself told me that's the bike to buy.
    But here again, it's a plated dirtbike. Small tank, lightweight which does not help on-road, lack of adventure bike accessories, short maint. intervals, and last but not least - cost. Almost twice the cost of my 630! That was a no-brainer. :D
    shwaz and organ donor like this.
  6. johngil Husqvarna
    A Class

Agree.
  7. BACKMARKER Husqvarna
    A Class

I agree as well.
  8. CJ - Would be grateful if you could send me the templates as well. You will have to tell me how to PM you. Thanks, Greg
  9. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    Post 102 here, just up the page a bit. Download the pdf and print it out on 14" paper. Capt wrote a nice how-to here: http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/te-630-sub-frame-mod.22225/

So far they are working great on my bike. We rode the crap out of them last weekend in DV. No issues. I did find a slightly loose subframe bolt going over it post-ride cleanup and maint.
  10. Thanks! Glad to hear the ride was a success. Fell of my mountain bike last weekend and did some damage to myself. Will be a few weeks before I can work on or ride the Husky again. Damn! The hell of it is that if I had been on the Husky instead of the MTB, my moto helmet and CE armor would have allowed me to laugh, pick up the bike, and keep going!
  11. mike54 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    CJ, would you mind sending the file to me please? It's the perfect sub frame mod and I've been reading with interest as I have a new 630 (I'm in the UK) but I don't have enough posts to PM you directly.
  12. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    The full size patterns as a PDF are attached to post 102 here.
    Let me know if you have trouble finding them. ;)
  13. mike54 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Ah sorry. In my haste to post I missed it - apologies and thanks for taking the trouble to do the write up, and to upload the file.
  14. Ghostbrother Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Hello
    Nice to see how you fix your bike .... (google translation :)) Thank you for showing us your solutions and so.
    I bought my TE 630 for a few weeks ago and took it out on some serious workouts, the first knuckles and scratches confirms that I love my bike with all my heart.

However, I choose a different path to equip my bike, images in any topic later.
    I want to ask you if you know the fork angle on our bikes ...... I have searched and search but get no good answer.
    P.S. Is there a thread for TE 630 Pics? D.S.
    Thanks GB

View: http://youtu.be/xOW8er-C5o4
  15. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    Welcome from Sweden!
    Your translation is fine. I couldn't hope to translate the other way. :D

Cycleworld reported this: Rake/trail: 30°/4.
    Supposedly it is 1deg increase from the 610 and slightly less trail.
    For what purpose are these specs? Are you experiencing a handling issue? Some of us have experienced head shake or wobbles at high speed, over 120km. This is common for knobby type tires on paved roads on a variety of this style of motorcycle.

Yes, here is the 630 pix thread: http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/pics-of-your-630.19684/
  16. Ghostbrother Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Okey
    We in Europe / Sweden might use a different unit of measure or I can freely interpret
    30 * / 4 to 30.4 degrees, or to 30.8 degrees?

30 degrees is a bit too flat for me, could imagine 28,5 degrees. A modern enduro bike has 26 to 27.5 degrees, Ktm exc 26.5 degrees

I bought a new fork, a Marzocchi Shiver with 300 mm wheel travel, 50 mm Inseam and a total length of 950 mm and In connection with the assembly of the so I intend to change the fork angle.
    Front end and the engine is increased by about 50 mm and will be better fit with the rear suspension area 320 mm.

Plans to begin the building until the end of May.
    so that all tests are completed to 14/6-19/6 when we have Adventure Day here in Sweden, with 650 or more guys o girls on offroad bikes for four intense days o nights.

I am sending some reports what happens both from the "construction" and from the AD forest.

Thanks for your help
  17. mike54 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    I just found a set of 950 super enduro forks and a wheel which I'm going to put onto mine. Needs new yokes though which are being made by the guys at rally moto developments. Should make the handling pretty amazing. Just installed (tonight) a made-for-me Wilburs shock so the combination should work pretty well.
  18. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    No...steering rake is 30 degrees.
    Trail is 4", which I think is an American measurement, not sure how they do that in Europe, but might just be the same measurement in millimeters or centimeters.

I wouldn't worry about geometry as built, just go ride and enjoy it. If it turns out you just don't like the way the bike handles then sell it to another enthusiast. Changing head rake isn't easy as far as I know. I think you would need custom triple clamps or something. Or a weld job. :lol:

Custom building is good. I just wouldn't take this one and try and make it something it's not. But yeah, send some photos, I'm sure we'd all like to see what you're doing. :thumbsup:
  19. Ghostbrother Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Ooopss ..... I did not mean to express my upcoming frame change work, appear to be so very difficult in the text .... Sorry ... Sometimes I forget that Life is much simpler than that ..... Thanks for reminding me.

Reports and photos will come in another thread.

Mvh GB
    1lunger likes this.
  20. mike54 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    yokes.jpg