New Rack for TE630 Coming From Turbo City

Discussion in '610/630' started by CJBROWN, Sep 21, 2011.

1. johngil Husqvarna
    A Class

TCI brackets and first draft windscreen. Will give it a go tomorrow.

[IMG]
  2. 57flh Husqvarna
    AA Class

CJ Are you making the demensions of your bracket design available?
  3. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    Sure. PM me your email address and I send a PDF template.
  4. 57flh Husqvarna
    AA Class

Tried to PM and got a message that I do not have permission.
  5. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Try it again, 57flh :)
  6. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    I got my set of Dirtbagz at the LA cycle show and did this same mod to the stand-off bars - works perfectly.

There is room on the right side bar to drill another hole on the mounting plate to thru-bolt it to the bracket. No room on the left side, one bolt will have to do.

Pics courtesy Pinocono.
  7. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    BTW, TCI Products is looking for a donor bike to develop a bolt-on subframe reinforcement. They are in Orange, CA, north Orange County. You can contact Tom thru their website: www.tciproductsusa.com
  8. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    Update on my windshield. I finally got a chance to trim the larger screen that comes from TCI Products. Here's a before and after:

[IMG]

After trimming the sides and length it ended up being about 2-3/4" shorter. It has a nice laminar lip that kicks the air from your throat to the top of your helmet.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Here's how mine works out with the kolpin pax and Dirtbagz. The bike is asking me to take it somewhere. :banana:

[IMG]
  9. kirbybikes Husqvarna
    AA Class

I see you trimmed from the bottom and reshaped around the head light, nice job. Just ordered my rack and windshield today. I might not have to trim the shield as I am 6'4", hopefully it will be just right. The colder Canadian climate I'll probably like the bigger shield to hide behind.
  10. Russ Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250i & 701 Enduro, 501 & 630 sold
    Hi Chris,

Re your front fender bag:

What brand is it?
    Are you confident it will stay put during rough off road riding? (I have heard stories of loss).
    Can you fit much in it, i.e. are they worth the effort? I guess it may accommodate a HD tube, which could free up some space in your bags or tool bag and wouldn't be a big drama if it was lost.

Thanks,
    Russ
  11. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    Ah, old trail trick...
    This is a plain-jane ol' MSR tube pack. You notch the fender and drill it for a zip tie for each clip.
    Has a 21" tube, patch kit, and two tire irons. It isn't going anywhere.
    And yes, one less thing for the tool pack. Not much weight either, so no problem for the fender.
    I think Wolfman has a tube pack as well.

[IMG]
  12. KLOC Husqvarna
    AA Class

What is the part just behind your brake pedal?
  13. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    Master cylinder guard. All of the guard pieces, windshield mount and screen, the rack and pack, from TCI Products.

I glued a solid rubber pad, about 1/8" thick, to the inside of the skid under the motor. Stopped about 80% of the motor noise being reflected up. The top end on these things is pretty noisy and the skid just made it worse. Pretty much back to stock sound levels now. And it's drilled for the oil drains, the side guards are easily loosened up and swung out of the way for the oil filter.

'Nother view here...

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Kenneth Webb likes this.
  14. Russ Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250i & 701 Enduro, 501 & 630 sold
    Thanks Chris, I was wondering how you got comfort that it wasn't going to fall off.
  15. Mastroser Husqvarna
    C Class

This is my plan for the wind shield. I have some turbolence hitch. Next week I will work out on it.

SM 610

Attached Files:

16. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    Tried that on my WR for the TAT for my tubes with the Wolfman fender pack, as did one of my riding partners. Day after day of rough roads made the fender move up and down a lot, so I invented Fender Suspenders. Not elegant, don't recommend it, but it did work. I eventually moved the tubes to the back of the bike. My partner didn't and we wound up lacing his fender back together with wire after the pounding finally cracked the plastic. My 630 does not seem to have as strong an anchor to the bike as the WR, so I will not be putting tubes up there. Maybe something very light would be OK, but two tubes was too much.

New Years 2011 Various 011.JPG
    DCrider likes this.
  17. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    I have about 500 miles on mine with one tube in. It wiggles a bit but nothing horrendous. I took it off my KTM 250 for the reasons you mention, and really didn't want it on the Husky, but also thought it was a good place to relegate the spare to. Time will tell, eh?

The WR looks great. Will send your pic to my buddy who's buying one.
  18. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    The orange string was from my extra tent guy bundle, never loosened, and it stabilized the fender perfectly. Next time, black guy string!

I know this is a Husky Cafe, but I can't recommend the WR too highly. If I didn't need a second bike for my son to use when in the US I probably wouldn't have picked up the Husky. Glad I did now, and it's been fun getting it ready. Sidestand pieces all cut and ready to weld up tomorrow, and UPS is due in this afternoon with my suspension from LTR. It's nice and warm here (need a short sleeve shirt on right now) and I should get most of the bike together tonight unless the light in the garage isn't good enough to see the wire routing, etc.
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Are those racks steel or aluminum? Great looking bike you put together there. Ready for adventure.
  20. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    TCI Products racks and guards are welded mild steel tubing, then powdercoated. I think the rack is 6-7lbs.

And thank you. Lots of trips coming up.:banana: