1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

New look with the IMS Tank 2

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by HuskyDude, Sep 6, 2008.

1. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    as far as "glueing side pannels to the tank"
    I did this as well. I did not use GOOP.
    I used Permatex Black Silicone Adhesive Sealant I did this 3 years ago and have not had 1 issue. Spilled gas on it, crashed, no issues...
    I never reported using this because I tried something different than suggested and only wanted to report it if it actually worked- then I never reported it at all. So any way that stuff worked great- you can get it at any auto parts store for like $7-8 I think I used 2 3-ounce tubes.
    glangston likes this.
  2. Mik-3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husvarna SM510R 2010
    Thanks, my importer sell some big tank for Husky, that is same at was the special catalog 2010 range. There is 13.5 litre gas tank at sm510r 2010 model. It will cost like 380€
    I going to buy it some day....
  3. mikesbaron Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC510
    Other Motorcycles:
    '09, 450XCF, '98 XR600R, '12 Speed T

Yeah I was just going to ask about anyone using Permatex RTV sealant, you can get the oil/gas resistant stuff. I weeded through all this ten pages and couldn't find anyting other than guys barking up every tree but the easy one. I think the RTV is going to be better than Goop or Epoxy because you can actually peel it off if a shroud breaks or you decide you want to remove them, unlike the other options where you'll be left with a bunch of residue.

And Zip ties to hold your shrouds on, really, really? And you think that looks better than not having shrouds on at all? Oh well, to you your own I suppose.
  4. banana944 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 SMR510, 1996 WXC360
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 YZ300,01 KDX200 both street legal
    Bumping this old thread. I had one of these tanks on my old 2010 510 and am looking to get one for my 2009 510. I never had any issues with my last one, hopefully I don't have any issues this time around. Obviously there will be no new options ever, so have to put all the eggs in the IMS basket.

Anyone have one lying around used they would like to sell?
  5. ex-xt Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    a clone mixed italian/swedish
    Other Motorcycles:
    SWM 300 , RE himalayan 410
    hey guys.
    Just bought a second hand IMS tank 09' TE 510 to put on my SWM 17 ' 500 RS, bsed upon the husky..
    did not start yet to mount it:thumbsup:. So i can still ask silly questions :banana:
    1° If you just mount the stuff, do you NEED to use glue or whatever in order to fix the sides on it ?
    2° waht is the real range of it ?
    3° i will really use a tuto with pictures for the job ...