1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

New 13 TXC 310

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by dartyppyt, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Russ Henry Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC 310
    At the NW Husky gathering I rode Bills 12 TXC 310 with the PC full exhaust and Dave's (evergreen) 12 TE 310 that had the TXC 12 hole injector, ECU and the Akro exhaust. Dave's bike had significantly more pull low to mid and Dave had a 13/47 sprocket combo and I think Bill's had the 13/50. Dave's bike also pulled just as strong or stronger from bottom to top as the 13 TXC. I was very impressed with the Akro and it was also so much quieter than the other bikes.
  2. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Unfortunately, Akrapovic also has not made available a redhead system yet, as far as I know. Talk about being 'red-headed stepchildren' :-)
  3. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Ok, so loaded ol Reddi Whip in trailer this am and headed to Hall's. Figured I would just send an email, since they weren't open yet, just a heads up to drop it off. I pulled in their parking lot about 9:15am. Walked inside and Steve told me that Clint is on it and plans to get me up and running, as fast as he can. I was kinda surprised!
    He switched out about every part you could think of ( ECU, Resistor, Coil Stick, etc...) and still no spark. Then pulled cover to check flywheel, even removed flywheel to ck keyway. No good! Rats

I'm thinking all the time! Watch it be so simple.

He said, when he switched out ECU's, he got spark once, but didn't last. Definately, seemed like it was in wiring harness.

So, decided to head back north. About 1/2 hour up road Clint calls and found it. A wire with a clip was not snapped in the connector that plugs into the ECU. So, some times it would touch and some times not. I even watched him check that connector several times. Heck, I even looked at it and could not tell it wasn't snapped in far enough.

Time to make a you turn and head back. Happy Happy Happy! I'm on a roll since I got my Duck Dynasty coffee mug with that saying!

So, a 2 1/2 hour drive this am, reminds me why I get my bikes from Hall's. All I was going to do, is drop it off. Clint dropped everything to take care of me and was all over that bike. He wanted to fix it on the spot, so I could take it back with me. When it looked like it was in wiring, I decided it was lil more in depth and figured id head north. Clint said, we will stay on it till it is fixed and deliver it back to you.
    john01 likes this.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    But you are comparing bikes with hundreds if not over a thousand in aftermarket hop-up parts to a stock 13. I rode most those bike that day and thought the 13 had as much power as any of the uncorked and modified bikes and ran better too. the 13's are very nice.
    robertaccio and dartyppyt like this.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    other than sending them a few customers and selling them a few parts I have never dealt with halls but hear nothing but great success stories from that shop. Awesome.
  6. Russ Henry Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC 310
    I should have been more clear. The 13 with a Akro exhaust should be considerably better than the older modified bikes.
  7. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kelly,

What was your ride report on new 310? Likes? Dislikes?
  8. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    G450X, HP2E, 10 R12ADV, GasGas280
    I was really happy with the bottom end performance the full Akrapovic gave the '12 TXC310, however with less then 5 hours ridden on a '13 TXC310R with stock exhaust, the '13 pulls harder from the lower rpms and lofts the front wheel on throttle alone in 2nd and 3rd. If there's a little more to be had with a full exhaust on the '13 I'll be a very very happy camper, although I have no complaints but if there's an improvement that can be made I'll do it, heck very little is going to be stock when I'm done pimping it out in February.

The Akra on the '12 did have one issue though, the way the header was routed it interfered with removing the skid pan and was looped down so far it was much more prone to hitting front tire debris and such. If Akra routes a '13 header in the same fashion I'd still go with FMF or PC

There is a CH high compression piston that should be available for the '13 TXC310R if they haven't published the part number already, supposedly it noticeably bumps up the bottom end response but not sure what it does to the service interval though.
  9. Huskywood Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC310R 2013
    Ya...IMO I would do Akra as well but I would stick with stock before going with PC!! Would love to see FMF come out with a Mega Bomb full system. I think I saw where FMF had the slip on Q for the '13 310 has anyone had a chance to try that yet?
  10. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    The muffler is the same from '12 to '13 however the header is different due to the "redhead". I feel most of the gain is in the headpipe personally with the muffler just finishing it off, so while a slip-on will be good option for replacement, I wouldn't expect a significant improvement from muffler only. Some of the OEM Akras actually have internal screen baffles and are no better then other OEM mufflers, but funny how Akra doesn't incorporate the same baffle in their private lable mufflers.
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    First off I ride my buddies uncorked and JD tuner 2011 TE310 a lot. It is a real good runner. I also rode some other x-lights that day as this was at the husky gathering. I did a short loop on the TE310R and flat loved it. Seemed to make as much or maybe slightly more power than my buddies uncorked 2011 which is very good for a corked and quiet bike. the EFI seemed a big step forward and pretty much flawless. My buddies bike still has a slight stumble off the bottom int he tight negotiating. the bike overall felt great to me. Smooth, fast, light. If I had a bunch of money I would have one. I do think it is a step above previous models. dislikes? About the only one I can think of is the complexity of the oil and fuel system making it hard to work on.
    dartyppyt likes this.
  12. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    I hate this thread. I'm half cocked to pull the trigger on a 12 TXC310, but I can feel the buyers remorse already kicking in. I can get a brand 12' delivered for less than $5k or wait til the 14's are out and hope to score a leftover '13 next year. What's SO bad about the 12's?
    dartyppyt likes this.
  13. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Get the 12 at that price so you can buy the 14 when it comes out. At that price you won't lose much after beating on it for a year
  14. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    The TXC's 12 is a great bike. The TE's if I remember right are detuned and have a different injector that people upgrade too. The TXC I can honestly say is amazing. Has more torque than I figured it would, is really light, and gets even more fun when you rev it some. You really won't be disappointed with a 12 TXC.
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Get a TE then you can DS with us too and it actually has better suspension (softer) for what we ride. The 12's are fine, the 13 is better. Just NEVER sell your 125/144/165, I did that once and then scrambled to build another one.
  16. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Is it difficult to make them street legal there? Sorry, I wasn't really considering that. In CO it's really easy.
  17. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R

Good luck finding a leftover '13 .... the TXC is selling like hotcakes. That said, I would have no problem with a '12. We went with the '13 primarily for racing Contingency reasons. If not for that the '12 clearance prices are so good that a guy can go that way, add a pipe (which is available already) and the other bits of their choice to get a perfectly fine motorcycle.
  18. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    I wouldn't say there is $3-4k in performance difference and in my humble opinion both could use some massaging of the suspension for single track type use. The majority of the benefit to the '13 is bottom end response and performance due to the Keihin EFI and new cylinder head. Take the '12 and have fun with it racing or trail riding.
    Motosportz likes this.
  19. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yep, there wasn't a 13 on Hall's showroom floor again. Those 12's are a bargain. There are even some low hour ones that guys traded in on the 13's.

Guess some of the feedback from guys already racing the 13's is: They are just doing suapension, some do gearing and leaving the stock exhaust/computer programs alone.

Think I like mine so much, I will just wait till exhaust feedback comes thru. Just think I will mess with gearing and get suspension plush on the bottom. Think the top of suspension seems fine.

I also crossed over solid white fork protectors. 09 Honda CRF 250, but you have to get the Honda brake clamp/bolts. Also, have to request solid white or you get those semi clearish white ones.
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    After riding it thats exactly where my upgrade money would go.