1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

New 13 TXC 310

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by dartyppyt, Dec 14, 2012.

1. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    It was time for me to trade off my 08 WR250 and my 09 WR144 / CR. Both bikes were awesome and will miss both. Plus, lil nervous giving up some great bikes. However, I wasn't going to upgrade to new bikes that are basically, designed the same with no updates, except for supension/graphics. I also think a proven Direct injected 2 stoke is still a ways off. I also like 4strokes and one of my best bikes was an 06 RMZ250 with engine/supension mods for woods. I really liked that bike and the Showas, but always wanted something between a 450/250. This time around, it better have a button! Hate when you crash and your fellow racers hit their buttons and take off, while you are kicking a flooded or hot bike. Okay, out comes the KTM 350 (Not an Option), then the Husky 310. I have been watching this Husky 310 model progress nicely. You know, I have to go Husky!

Bingo, 13 arrives! Hey maybe an unlucky number, but from what I have heard, it is not! It's going to be a good year for Red Heads. If you are going to shoot, shoot, don't talk!

I picked up my new 13 TXC 310 this afternoon and got about 30 mins of seat time on it. All I can say is: YOU GOTTA RIDE ONE! My first impression is it has a little bite to her but smooth. Suspension/clutch are little stiff but still has time to break in. I also like the newer style frame in how it reacts like my 09 144.

Once I get all my settings adjusted and motor broken in, I will swing back with a further ride report. Have you ever have that feeling of giving up something and hoping you are making the right decision? After 30mins, I am

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Nice and congrats. I flat loved the 2013 TE310R redhead I rode. GREAT bike.
  3. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    I'm having a hard time avoiding talking myself into trading in my '11 TE310 for a '13 TE310R. The '13 has a lot of good stuff going for it. Some really nice improvements.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    the new head and EFI make it run really nice and smooth with very good power.
  5. HSrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

I had a chance to ride my friends 13 TXC310 and the first time it had an issue and he didn't know it but it was running in limp mode. Anyhow he has that fixed now and when I rode it the 2nd time WOW. That 310 is one nice bike and I like the way the Husky handles, never owned a Husky but who knows maybe a 13 will find it's way into my garage. Look forward to your next post after you get some more seat time on the 310.
  6. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    So I did a dumb move this morning. So go to take tank off and got my fingers in far enough to unplug fuel pump under tank. Then trying to get my fingers in to push in on the fuel line quick disconnect, the plastic L broke with the 2 orings that snaps up in fuel pump. Guess there is a trick to that? Couldn't believe how easy it cracked. Let's just say the air was little blue.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Why don't they freaking fix that issue! :banghead: Those break super EZ as you found out and have for 3 years now. WTF. Get the aluminum one ASAP.
  8. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks for tip Kelly. I called Hall's to order a couple and they told me right off bat to get the Zip Ty one.

PS: Frankenbike looks great!

At least got my radiator braces on, a lot of loctite, frame rub strip tape, some greasing and bark busters on.

Also, inserted red enamel in the case logos.

I think my new nickname for it is: REDDI WHIP!
  9. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Congrats on your toy. I guess its better to fix something early on in the garage than out on the trail.

Does anybody at Husqvarna or BMW hang out here? With all of us customers finding and fixing design flaws, they could save big R&D $$ and improve their product.

But then again its good for guys like ZipTy and Mototsportz, who have stepped up to offer solutions that also add some farkle factor.
    Tinken, dartyppyt and ray_ray like this.
  10. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Congrats! It does suck to have to fix/replace stuff on a new bike. Look forward to reading your ride report. I'm thinking about an e-start bike myself and the new 310 TXC is on the top of my list. Enjoy!
  11. HSrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yeah sucks about that piece breaking but hopefully you can have it fixed soon. I'm looking forward to your thoughts on the 310 once you get some more seat time on it. I rode my friends and was pretty impressed and currently ride a 2 stroke but thinking about adding a 4 stroke to the garage as well. Right now it's between the Husky 310 and the 13 CRF450.
  12. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanx for comments and input guys! :thumbsup: Thought I'd post some pics of Reddi Whip (Get it? Ready To Whip Some? Or more like, the bike will probably Whip my?) after I have been blinging it over weekend. I had a set of side number plate graphics left over. I had them custom made for my 08 WR250. I had to trim them to fit and will order a new front plate decal that matches. Hall's has new decals and they include new swing arm decals. Actually, they all kinda go together. Also, tried inserting black enamel in covers and didn't care for it so I redid them in red. Flourescent lights don't really do these pics justice but really looks good. One thing I noticed is the bar pad doesn't want to fit very well with the new top bar clamp. I took a small grinder and took some out so it fits like it should. I use that Plastic 3M grip tape on my frame to keep rub marks off. I make a stencil out of masking tape on both sides, then cut it out and get it real hot with a hair dryer or heat gun, then stick it to frame. While the tape is hot it conforms and stays on there for couple of years.

Here are the pics:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  13. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Thaaats Deeeead Sexxxey!
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    yes it is.
  15. twostrokin Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TXC 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2011 KTM 200 SX(150 convert)
    Good idea on the grip tape. Not many people I know run it but it helps a ton with gripping the bike and gives you more confidence IMHO.
  16. Mike Rotella Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC310R
    What is everyone doing for a spark arrestor on this bike??
  17. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Supposedly, Pro Circuit just finished a system for the Red Head 310. I just spoke to a fellow racer in southern, In. On his, he is running a Pro Circuit Header/FMF silencer.

I think I will sit on the fence for a while to see about Pro Circuit one for this new motor.

Just put in another 30 mins then for cool down. I switched over from pump premium to VP VPR racing fuel. Got better fire off button and like the throttle response.

Maybe has a little more on bottom than i'd like. It was recommended to drop one tooth on rear. 1st -3rd gear is close and busy.

I think bike is heavier than my WR 250 but it handles and sure doesn't seem like it.

I know everyone has or has had a favorite bike, but this is by far the best one!

Now I know why they are selling the heck out of them.

I know my rear shock sag numbers ( cranked down way over 10mm and static is off) didn't come out so I have to go up in spring size. I backed off my compression and definately helped taking stiffness out. Will see but think both ends, after broken in, will need valved softer.
  18. Nissen Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC250-13,TE449-11,TE450+TE300-04
    Other Motorcycles:
    Vespa150ie
    Tried the TXC310-2013, after driving my TE310-2011 for almost 2 years. No comparison. Based on the "barf", I finally choose the 2013-250 TXC. My friends TXC-310 was entered in the ISDE in Germany, so the running hours came quick, and experience as well.

F.I. History:
    But 250 or 310 redhead = like it should have been with the mikuni. I have had 3 others with the mikuni (09, 10, and 11 models), all of them having the thought, that is is not perfect (in terms of throttle response and behaviour). Last time spending big box on leo vince, Ecu and 12 needle injector. It helped, but perfect - no way. Maybe someone found the trick, and I have spend countless ours in this forum reading all the DIY´s. I am happy it worked for som many - unhappy that so many people had to spend all this time - many still with a bike which they still do not LOVE. I am 100 % Husqvarna (I have 4 currently, since the 2011 had to go), but as a mechanical engineer (and enduro rider) I have to say, that the former models were not doing the job as could be expected. Some did, but to may did not.

I also have a couple of 2004 models, TE300 (Athena bi bore) and a TE450, and the carburated bikes still works in terms of response. WHen I got the TE449 (w. KEIHIN), the light in my eyes came on brightly with this F.I. This is how it should work. Best throttle response I could imagine. Love to ride this bike - still - but for hard core riding, it is not the bike for me. No comparison with the x-lites in terms of handling.

So getting to the redheads = all I could wish for. WHen people try these x-lites, they all feel it is so easy to drive. WIth the "new right hand feeling", it is easy, god, I LOVE IT!

So standard is very good, and a few mods = perfect :-)))))

By the way - great forum, also from a distance (Denmark)

Experience w. redheads already:
    2 bikes, both having starter problems. Will not fire when cold. It simply cranks slow, and runs out of juice. Dealer found that a starter relay after some time, slowly opened, and hereby a voltage drop = no power after some time. Changed the relay, but not sure it works yet. Hmmm.

Fork seems harsh, and hard (spring is the same as the TC model). I am only 70 kg, and the it is not cross country here, but logs and lots of obstackels, on the slow side. One guy already changed for the Ohlins insert, but I will have it revalves, probably in the UK by Dr. Shox.

Got a few other mods, but basically this is more of a personal thing, or extra upgrade (nice to have), than it is need to have: Chain guard (TM Designw), Renthal 997, readiator hoses w.o. thermostat from TC model, Selle della valle seat cover, 12 T in front, 50T with drain back, mousse, special cooling fluid, lightweight battery.
    Coming next: Rekluse, 1,8 bar for the cooling, pins in the wheel shafts (welded on - like the 09 model),

Would like to, but makes no sense with my skills extras:
    Some super x-lite wheels, exhaust (not much vailable yet), floating disc in front, steering damper, xtrig for the fork,

Remember to grease bearings all over. Only minimum from the factory.

Winter is up, so spiked tires on now, so when spring comes, plastic w. numbers for the national championship will be next.
    birdy, oneal, boisedave and 1 other person like this.
  19. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Last ride tonight before rain and snow flies. I uncorked it and it sounds exactly like my old RMZ with the Hot Cams. Weird to have a start button and I keep pulling the kicker out ( Out of habit).

Ok, so I broke the plastic elbow on bottom of tank and got the aluminum Zip Ty one.

I also have to take cover off end of starter and Loc Tite the nut. Is there any other tips I need to do?
  20. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Sweet looking bike :applause:. So how does the power feel compared to the WR?