1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

New 13 TXC 310

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by dartyppyt, Dec 14, 2012.

1. thumperrider1 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 310 TXC
    The FMF powerbomb header and FMF Q is an awesome combo for the 310.
    dartyppyt likes this.
  2. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Heck those red Husky decals look great on the engine.
    I think you all know the best dirt bike mag in Aust. rated the Husky TE 250 best in class the TE 310 best in class and the 310 best overall dirt bike for 2012. This was up against all comers. They felt they met their design brief best of all.
    Now thats a great outcome.
    dartyppyt likes this.
  3. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Thanx John, In reality, I was sweating bullets trading in both bikes, especially since both were dialed in. I just don't think the 250 would have been the bike for me and I know the 450 is an overkill size wise.

If I had to compare this bike closer to a 2st. Probably be more like a 200 in a 125 frame. I sure am glad there is a button on this bike, cause it is a bear to kick with that piston in it/height of bike. I would hate the thought of lifting up your boot with a cow patty around it, to kick it. I am 6' tall as well and probably 205lbs.

Whomever, designed this powerband did a nice job. It is bitey on bottom and it likes to loft the front wheel, real easy, but is a smooth rocket beyond. I think I will be alot faster thru the woods but also have the power for the straight sections.

1-3rd is close and busy (My preference only), but I think just a sprocket change in rear will move that around (Thanx to Fred Andrews!). 1st is a little too low for me and I don't want to keep accidentally landing in first gear. Last night I was just blowing around couple berms in 2nd with no problem. It has that Husky roominess feel but likes to turn on a dime. This bike will really throw a roost out back!

Overall: I am glad I pulled the trigger. I think all I have to do to this bike, is sprocket change in rear, and do the boinkers (Front forks are lil stiff and too busy over the sharp square edged bumps). A guy could also switch out the pressure spring and probably mess with fork oil weights and oil heights to get it pretty good.
    After I uncorked it, I don't even know if I want an exhaust, unless it is flat up top ( I won't know that till it is broken in and I can rev it to the moon). This bike is that good! I could tell that the VP fuel runs better in it and has a good shelf life. I think it averages out to $12 gallon but I was mixing race gas, pump premium and 2 stroke oil before.

I think if you can just get on one to test ride it. You'll be wanting it!

Thanx

Darin
  4. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thanks for the info Darin. Since my SmartCarb is out on test I've been riding the 2010 TC 250 every weekend and it's actually been a blast so I can imagine with more power and a e-start how good your bike must be. I'm only 5'-71/2" myself so the little button would be a welcome addition to me. I think you have the perfect size 4-stroke. As close as we can get and stay on a Husky in the 2-stroke bikes is the WB165. I really think Husky has a hit with the 310 and really needs to do a 200 in the 2-stroke line up. I'm Really glad you are enjoying the bike I know it was tough trading and hoping to pick the right size for your needs. I have ZERO doubt I would have chosen the same bike. The 250 not quite enough, 450 to much, and then there's the 310....perfect! Enjoy :cheers:!
    dartyppyt likes this.
  5. MikeB Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just had my 2012 TXC310 forks redone with the Meerge progressive preload springs - still a firm fork when it needs to be but now I see rocks I never feel. :thumbsup:
    dartyppyt likes this.
  6. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Mike, Thanks for the tip on the springs. I have read your whole thread (Good by the way).
  7. Huskywood Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC310R 2013
    Darin, good thread, bike looks sweet. I just purchased the same bike and like what you did with the 3m tape. Where can I get that? I only have about 4 hours on my bike and there's already some visible wear in those areas. I totally agree with you on the gearing and think 1 up on the counter shaft sprocket will be the road I take. Here's my ride after the Iron Man GNCC it was the second ride on the bike coming off a '00 Husky WR250...man was I glad for electric start on this day, you could say it was a little muddy Iron Man GNCC 2.JPG Iron Man GNCC \'12.JPG
  8. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Huskywood,

Nice ride! Nice Pics! Where are you from? I see the Halls decal. I will locate that tape for you and post it here.

I may try your suggestion as well and go one up on front.
  9. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Mines got 13 48 sprockets and works well - I like the tape idea
  10. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ok, so mine is 13/50. How does yours work in the tight woods and coming out of turns in 1st?

Did you pick some top end up too?

Thanx
  11. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You can get grip tape from places that sell safety equipment; it's used as anti- slip for stairs, ladders, etc. You can also get it from skateboard shops, maybe even Lowe's, Home Depot, type stores. My son picked up some from Tractors Supply thats made for ladder rungs and made from rubber with a 3M tape on the back. Just make a paper pattern and cut the grip material from the pattern.
  12. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes, there is a lot of stuff out there. Don't get the sand gritty type. Plays heck on your boots.

On side note. I removed my starter and big allen plug. There is a nut under it for the starter drive. Mine was loose already and I used red loctite on it. Glad I got the tip and checked.
  13. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    Is there a thread somewhere about loc-titing the starter?
    dartyppyt likes this.
  14. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Here is the thread on Frame Grip Tape I did a while ago:

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/grip-tape-to-protect-frames.2064/#post-32381

Download their catalog and go to Safety Products (Sec 14). You want the T1511 (Which is 2" Wide)

That way you can make a stencil on your frame using masking tape, then transfer it over to the tape and cut your stencil out. Using the 2" wide roll, it is wide enough to get around the bend of your frame without making two sections.

This stuff is the same that KTM uses on their frames that come pre cut and expensive.
  15. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Shucks Get home last night to put another 30mins on it. Warmed bike up and as soon as it, warmed up. Bike popped and stalled like it ran out of fuel. Got fuel and fuel pump is working. Pulled plug and looks good, even tried another plug to ck spark and don't have any. I've noticed that this bike has stalled out of the blue couple of times and wouldn't fire, right back up. Might be a bad coil or could of sheered flywheel key? Ill run it back to Halls and let you know what outcome is.
  16. dratharr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310
    Thats what my TE310 would do, I would be blasting down a whoops section, or a rock garden, and then all of a sudden it would just die. Mine ended up needing all new starter components flywheel, and key. I was thinking the stalling was due to the fueling issues, as I put in the TXC injector and ECU at the same time the other components were replaced, but it might have been the sheering of the flywheel key causing the bike to be of time? Either way it has been flawless since the parts were replaced some 30 hours of runtime ago. In fact my motocross machine has been out for the last couple of months getting a total rebuild, and I have been riding the TE at the track, and I am not so sure I am faster on it than I am on my MX bike.
  17. Huskywood Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC310R 2013

Mine works fine in tight woods with stock gearing I find I'm rarely in first gear. Our club has a piece of single track and with my old bike I found myself in first quite abit. When I was in second my clutch hand would be toast by the end of the 5 miles. (this was on a '00 Husky WR250 2T) With the new bike I can ride the entire loop in 2nd and there are times I need to be in 3rd and I rarely touch the clutch!! Is it because I'm faster? I would like to think so. But this trail has some pretty tight stuff and this bike pulls out of every corner in 2nd no prob...in fact it jumps out of the corners. So ya I figure I'll gain a little top end and won't lose anything down low. But I won't know until I try and unfortunately my riding is done for a few months so I won't get to try the gearing until spring.

I'm from Minnesota, had some problems with the Husky dealer up here so rebuilt my old WR with the help of the great staff at Hall's Cycle. Since I was making a trip to the Iron Man GNCC I decided to stop by and meet everyone at Hall's and I ended up with a new bike!! Plan is to run the 1 tooth larger sprocket up front. I heard the CH wire harness saves 10lbs so I'm looking into the cost and validity of that. A lethium battery to save another 2lbs. But probably the first thing I want to do is see what FMF comes up with for an exhaust system. They have the Mega bomb pipe with Q exhaust but it doesn't say 2013 yet so I'll be calling them if I don't see any updates by April. Never been a Pro Circuit fan so please don't suggest them. The bike seems to run restricted to me and with taller gearing and a less restricted exhaust I think this will be the perfect off-road bike!! Its good to own a Husky!!

Later
    dartyppyt likes this.
  18. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    So far we haven't gotten any commitment from FMF on a pipe either. I guess if we all keep asking they might get the idea. They didnt make one (for public anyway) for the '12 TC250 either, first bike with the redhead and so far haven't prioritized making one for the redhead line. The earlier pipes do not fit due to different size of intake port groove, different bolt spacing and then need to be shaped to line up with the muffler section (frame mounts are the same as 2012). Factory guys are running PC stuff on these bikes, though it appears to be custom made so far. PCs inability to do simple updates to their online catalog is a bit embarrassing.
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I did, I do :D
    dartyppyt likes this.
  20. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    G450X, HP2E, 10 R12ADV, GasGas280
    Pro Circuit is supposed to have a production system for the 310R's this week or next ready to ship and FAR racing seems to like the performance out of them over the stocker. I'm a bit of a Akra fan myself but would typically prefer an FMF over the PC, however PC is actually going through the trouble of making a system for the 310R's where as it's not on anyone elses radar yet it would appear.

I don't have much time on a '13 TXC310 but safe to say it lugs much better then the '12 and for the east coast riding I couldn't see changing the stock gearing unless for a specific hare scramble that might be higher average speed then others. I did well with stock gearing on my '12 last year so I plan to stick with either 13/50 or 13/49 depending on the wheel set I'm using (I have an 18" and 19" rear wheel/tire depending on if it's a soft race or intermediate terrain)