MXA rates the TC449 as top 10 worst bikes ever...

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Motosportz, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    to have a true MX bike.
  2. DG Harv Serv Husqvarna
    AA Class

So that means the TC449 is NOT a true MX Bike, and hence the original magazine was quite just and correct !
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    No it is not one of the 10 worst bikes made.
    rancher1 likes this.
  4. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC250 and 2012 TC250
    I totally don't even care about the write-ups. I also have a wicked fast YZ250 that now sits in my garage serving in the role of wiley veteran who's waiting for one more chance to shine.
    My 2012 is the first "new" bike I've ever owned (purchased it at Forza in Escondido, CA). I often find myself fielding questions regarding the bike from other riders at places like Cahuilla MX, Pala Raceway and Lake Elsinore. People are often impressed. And, I've seen more around as of late.
    Sure, I'm never going to catch a guy like Grant Langston (as was the case Sunday at Lake Elsinore - he's still REALLY, REALLY, REALLY fast!) but my TC is still pretty fast, runs very well and is freak'n fun to ride.
    ray_ray and Motosportz like this.
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    A few things have been proven with this bike's new features... (other than just being World SM Championship caliber)

1) Crank mounted clutch works
    2) CTS works to some high degree with most other than with some of the PRO guys (I'm sure everyone here remembers the one race this bike won the year Juha got hurt racing it, was a mud race ... Maybe the win was an accident or maybe it does get better traction ...
    3) Under seat mounted tank is OK except for quick re-filling in races ..
  6. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

As the owner of a 2011 TE449 I can say that it is a great dual sport bike. That is where it ends. It is not a race bike. I raced it once for sh-ts and giggles and it was just OK. I am sure I would have done better on my GG300. Will I be riding it at the Corduroy Enduro this weekend? Not a chance. If I was going on a 200kms trail ride with some buds that required some road running and trails, it would be a super choice.
    Shawbridgehusky and DG Harv Serv like this.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Can be in the right hands...

[IMG]
    ray_ray likes this.
  8. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Show me 1 other person in the world who has been able to do anything with the 449/511 in a real race series? Not knocking Corys accomplishments, but the Western HS Series is not a top tier series by any stretch.

If the bike was a competitive race bike, why does every other Husky racer in the world race 310s over the 449? I am sure that FAR would be racing XC1 in GNCC if they thought they could be competitive with the 449.
    DG Harv Serv likes this.
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

you said "it is not a race bike" I showed an example of a pro championship other manufactures were trying to win as well and had paid pros trying. Nothing more. It can be competitive at popular pro races as shown here.
  10. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I guess Cory has the honor of being the only guy in the world who has won a race on a 449/511...

I wonder what his results would have been like on KX450?
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    OK. BTW he won a championship which is many long races proving it was not a fluke.

- I'm not saying it is some fantastic race bike but far from a DR400 as you put it as well.
  12. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Cory did great ... A championship is not easy to accomplish on any level starting in high school ... Husqvarna should keep him around and pay him well and see how much high he can go ...

Is this a real race series? I really like this pic ... Both the rider and championship winning bike are showing so much speed ...

On the penultimate event of the season Mauno Hermunen traveled to Freiburg as Championship leader. A win the first race and a fourth place in the second one was enough to decide the Championship. During the whole season the Finn on his SM449 showed that he was the man to beat. So the last event will be a big victory lap for Mauno.
    hermunen-supermoto.jpg
  13. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I actually sponsored a Pro class SM racer up here. He really liked his 511 but no matter what he did to the motor, he would still get pulled on the straights by 450 crossers.

He is back on a 12 YZ450 this season and keeping his SM511 for around town hooligan bike.
    Shawbridgehusky likes this.
  14. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Mauno Hermunen had no problems with any trivial dribble like that winning on the world scale ... This platform of bike can win anywhere with the right rider and $$ behind it ....

sm1.jpg

Tinken and motohio like this.
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    He dominated that highly contested championship. that is a real win for the machine. :cheers:

Remember this bike has been out a year when the X-light are 3 years in development and several engine changes in.

regardless the 449/511 has shown much success even if it is not at the very top of the racing championships. To say is DS bike and ends there seems off base IMHO.

JOAN BARREDA WINS BAJA ESPANA ARAGON 2012 - http://www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com/en/news-story/joan-barreda-wins-baja-espana-aragon-2012

did well in WORCS - THE "GRAFFUNDER THUNDER" CONTINUES IN THE WORCS SERIES - http://www.husqvarna-motorcycles.co...ffunder-thunder-continues-in-the-WORCS-Series

Did good in Dakar - http://www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com/en/news-story/dakar2012-summary-en

NICK BURSON IS THE CHAMP! - http://www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com/en/news-story/Nick-Burson-Is-The-Champ

"The TXC511 with the CTS handles really well," Burson said. "In the desert it always feels really natural. You don't have to change the gearing because the six-speed transmission gives you a lot of bottom end and still a lot of top end. I ran stock gearing all year."

Andrea Mancini on his CF Racing Team Husqvarna TE449 won the overall classification of the Italian Motorally Championship. - http://www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com/en/news-story/mancini-italian-motorally-champion

Ensuring Husqvarna’s celebrations weren’t restricted to just their Enduro 1 and Enduro 2 class successes Enduro 3 class rider Alex Salvini gave much reason to be happy as he rounded out his first year of full-time EWC participation with a double runner-up result on his TE511. In securing his best results of the season Salvini proved himself as one of the most talented newcomers in the EWC.

Starting day two by recording the fastest time on the opening motocross test Salviniremained in contention with the E3 class front runners on his TE511, performing well on all tests throughout the day. Sitting in second position as he started the last lap, four crashes on the final enduro test cost him precious time, dropping him to fourth. - http://www.husqvarna-motorcycles.co...arna-dominates-enduro-1-class-at-gp-of-turkey

Here, CF Racing Team's Andrea Mancini was competing at world level for the first time on the Husqvarna TE449. - http://www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com/en/news-story/mancini-dominates-italian-raid-tt-in-sardinia

On his Husqvarna SMR449, Hermunen set the fastest time in qualifying and then took a hard-fought fourth place in race one, before going on to take victory in the following two races. These excellent results at the second Grand Prix of the season means that the Finnish member of the Factory Husqvarna Team is currently leading the championship by seven points over defending World Champion Thomas Chareyre

HUSQVARNA RULES IN GREEK MX CHAMPIONSHIP - http://www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com/en/news-story/husqvarna-rules-in-greek-mx-championship

Love it...

[IMG]
    ray_ray likes this.
  16. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I would race my TE 449 over my TE 510 any day. The results would definitely be better on the 449.
  17. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Whys that? I thought they were the same but the 511 has more torque
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Completely different bikes altogether from the engine to the frame. They have almost zero parts in common.
  19. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Sorry I misread that. Was thinking 511 not 510
  20. DG Harv Serv Husqvarna
    AA Class

This Thread is regarding the TC449 a MOTOCROSS Bike .

All the above about Dakars, Supermoto, WORCS etc... has nothing to do with MX and is not relevent.

Where is there any evidence to show this bike is a good MXer ?