MXA rates the TC449 as top 10 worst bikes ever...

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Motosportz, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Was just quoting the post. Nothing more.
  2. QuadExpert Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1976 4 speed auto,2011 wr 150
    Tc 449 is very tough and works well. We have not had any serious failures or negative comments from our racers.
    Keep in mind that the Tc 250 recieved terrible ratings last year but ended up on several podiums all across the planet.
    Never trust a review unless it is from a fellow rider.
  3. tnttimber Husqvarna
    AA Class

"overall" means something different to me also.
    AgentSmith likes this.
  4. rappster Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tc449 TXC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    rmz250
    i really don't care what MXA has to say, i took the bike to an overall with a 1 and 2 score the first race out and everyone who i let ride it was impressed. most were expecting a wierd and gutless machine and were surprised. i like mine and it is light years better than my 06 TC 510.
    ray_ray likes this.
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Here is another example of what these professional writers like to do when rating a new bike ... They like to step-on the last years model bike in order to make the current model sound better ...

The words below came from a article looking at a 2013 bike and comparing it to their 2012 model ...I highly doubt the terms over-steered terribly, under-steered, and required counter-steering were used in 2012 to describe this always-popular brand of motorcycle ...

"Whereas the old frame oversteered terribly at turn-in, understeered from center-out and required countersteering on the exit of the turn, the new frame exhibited very few of those traits."

I guess you can read "the new frame exhibited very few of those traits." and say " What does he mean by "exhibited few of these traits"?

One more thought here ... Until Huskies race on the ama top level, the door will always be open to say these type BS comments as there is really no way to prove it as the best or worst bike other that with an opinion ...
  6. Billy D. Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TC449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Buell S1, Honda ATC250R
    the article basically claimed that the BMW G450 was a turd and then went on to say Husky polished it. Bummed me out because I love my TC449

IMG_0072.PNG
  7. Billy D. Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TC449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Buell S1, Honda ATC250R
    Next page...

IMG_0073.PNG
  8. racer726 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm still not sure how they can say that this bike is overweight. Mine weighs 243 lbs ready to race. That's right in line with all of the other jap 450's. This bike is not heavy...
    ray_ray likes this.
  9. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    All it would take is bmw to get fed up with this crapping on their bikes and put a top-notch rider on it a few yrs and start shoveling some of this $hit back on the competition... A version of this bike did win the SM championship in EU just a couple yrs back and will run with the rest of the bikes if given an equal chance ...
  10. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I think the article really sums it up with the 449. I'll take one off your hands for cheap. Take it now before the resale really tanks from the article...lol
    oregonsage likes this.
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  12. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    It's crazy to read about how old the motor actually was and how well it still performs. I had really only heard of huskies but had never seen any until recently. I didn't grow up when husky was a big deal. The bikes first got me interested because they were the only real supermoto competitor for aprilia. I have to admit, I don't want one with expectation that it's the fastest bike built. I simply like the line that husky offers. I also like that they a little odd and aren't seen everywhere. I must admit that this forum is a huge reason why I love the brand and look forward to owning one. There's no serious bashing here, it's kept clean, and people don't feel the need to k ow everything.
    PS- dirt bike magazine is the best in my opinion
    Shawbridgehusky likes this.
  13. DG Harv Serv Husqvarna
    AA Class

You mean like David Knight, Juha Salhiman or Alex Salvini ????

They have been there and done that, and it was a disaster ! Knight left half way through the season to ride a private KX450 !

They now race 310's in the E2 (450) class and nothing in E3 (500), ever wondered why ?

I had to smile with this one, there are pages here slagging of a magazine report, telling us that these jounalists know nothing, its all BS ! Now another magazine report which is slightly positive seems to be the gospel !
  14. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Not really those riders ...

I was speaking more on usa riders riding the TC model in MX racing after bmw made a real $$ commitment to actually compete with the japan bikes ... The bikes those guys ride are far from stock ... I think bmw can hang with them if they choose to ... I really doubt the bike would finish dead last each time with with any of the top 10 American riders on the bike.

And correct ... there are pages and pages of smack being talked about the bike and not a single top usa rider on the bike .. makes it easy to condemn a bike when only riders of say, your caliber, ride the bike and eat dirt all day ... But don't take it seriously.. we all can't ride bikes well .. many just sit and talk smack on the subject.,

Did you hear this bike won a SM championship a couple years back? Not the TC model but a 449 or the 511 ... That would be World Championship that Husqvarna dominated for years ... They had a top rider ... Not the caliber of you or me on the bike ..

Yep, its the gospel ... Get use to the Husky gospel in the Husky cafe :) , OK?

PS .. DK rode a bmw ... Not a Husky ... Please go ahead and read some more articles and educate yourself ... It will pay off in the long run for us all ...

15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Not at all. Point is as shown by pretty much EVERYONE who owns this bike on this forum loves it. Some mags ride it once, it is not a honda or KTM copy so they are confused and don't take the time to ride it more than once and decide if the bike is good or not once they understand it and then make bold statements.

All I said was based on my 3500 miles of ownership IMHO this article was spot on. Did they gush about it and say it was the best. No. Did they say it was odd and then explain all the future think and how it works on he bike after many miles and times on the bike? Yes. Was almost all of it how I feel about my bike? Yes. Stable? Yes. Maybe takes some effort to turn? Maybe. Slightly heavy? Yes. Great motor? yes. I was not simply finding an article that embellished the model and said what i want to hear. I pointed to one that seemed to understand the bikes good and bad points, spoke intelligently about it and explained it very well in a short blurb. Thats it, nothing more. I simply feel this write up was right on about the bike. Period.
    aciel78 likes this.
  16. DG Harv Serv Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm a little confused with your reply ?

You think that if a top 10 USA (?) rider was bought to ride a TC449 he / it would be competative in MX / Supercross ?
    Sorry but I dont agree . But hopefully thats fine, I guess I am still allowed an opinion ?

Secondly you seem to know quite alot about me and how / where / what level I ride at ? Be nice to know where you got this infomation / opinions from ?

Thirdly I have spoken to DK several times and watched him ride at world level many times. I know it was a BMW ! But who owns Husky ???

Lets face it sometimes things go bad. BMW forced Husky to carry on with this mad cap project, hopefully soon (real soon if you believe the press reports) it will be over. There will be 450 versions of the X Lite and all will be well . By the way I have had many huskys over the years (from 1985 I think) and currently own 2 and have just ordered a 2013, so I'm quite a fan ! It saddens me that they have become a bit of a joke with the 449 because of BMW.
    I started on this thread saying I thought the first magazine report was about right. Sometimes you have to take the Blinkers Off and face facts ! I can see the 449 making a half decent trail bike, but come on, its not a MXer !

One question, Do you think Husky would have built / designed the 449 in its current form if there was no tie up with BMW ?
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Bottom line is it is a very good bike for 95% of the people. See real customer reports here on CH. If the bike was crap we would all be saying so. That said you are 100% correct, this is not a purpose built MX bike, just like the article I posted said. It is a off road bike they took the blinkers off and called the TC. It has been that way for over a decade with husky. The new TC450 X-light I believe and hope will be in addition to the 449/511 platform many of us customers love. I and many others do not want a hard core CRF450 like bike to ride in the woods and trails. Been there hated that. IMHO people just love to hate on Husky and BMW so this bike it the red headed step child of the clan. I like it.
  18. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I'm sure you make a lot of good points in there but I don't have the time ...

Here's my static video response ...

This is a world champion rider here on a world championship bike ... Do you recognize that bike?
    hermunen-supermoto.jpg

19. DG Harv Serv Husqvarna
    AA Class

LOL, Good debating skills, I like the "I dont have time" quote ! Are you a Politician ? LOL !

That guy did bloody well to win a World MX Championship with those Wheels and Tyres !
    That bike must be amazing ! Imagine what would have happen with Knobblies !
  20. DG Harv Serv Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sure, I agree but thats why there are TC (MX), TXC (Cross Country) & TE (Enduro) Versions.

Also If the 449 is so good and a great seller, why would there be a need for a new TC 450 X-Lite model ?

We will never agree on this, "you love it, I hate it" it is a True "Marmite" bike !
    (Not sure if you have Marmite in the US but its a horrible Beef Spread and you either love it or hate it !).