MXA rates the TC449 as top 10 worst bikes ever...

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Motosportz, Aug 9, 2012.

1. dbaz Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    81 250 OR, 85 400 WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes
    That "Guy" was Charles Jirsa who is Husqvarna's Technical Service Director. He has developed the suspension settings that Cory Graffunder has used all year. The bike he was riding is Cory's practice bike, the same bike he is riding at the "Big Sky" this weekend in Montana. The bike is stock except for an FMF pipe and his suspension. I have had the chance to ride with Charles, Tom Webb, Mike Farmer and 3 Kawi guys in Utah and the Husky worked as good if not better than the 2013 KTM 450 XC-W that Tom was riding or the 450 KXF's. Remember please the "Magazine" guys are just people who will tell you that the best bike to buy is the 2013 ????????????? and next year it will be a 2014 XXXXXXXXX. Ride your bike and have fun doing it, or get a job at Moto Dirt Bike World Action X and you can tell us what to ride too.
    DB in AZ going riding on my 1981 250 OR Husky and my riding buddy is on a 2012 KTM 350 XC-F. Mine is paid for and he only owes $8,500, so who smiles more at the end of the ride. :banana:
    robertaccio likes this.
  2. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC250 and 2012 TC250
    DBAZ, Don't get me wrong. I love my 2012 TC250 - it's da bomb! I've parked my YZ. And, for those claiming it isn't fast, I'd say BS. I've got zero problems gassing it. And, if that isn't enough, I guess I'll have to go to work for "Moto Dirt Bike World Action X" in order to convey my message.
  3. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    ....I just want to know that if the 449 made bottom 10 of all time, what does that say about the RM370 I rode in the '70s?? I mean, hey Roger DeCoster won everything on one just like mine :rolleyes: so I dont know why I think it handled like crap and had a wicked powerband....and dont even think about the Yammie 500 of similar vintage.

Hyperbole sells magazines apparently.
  4. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Good call. The RM370 was wicked fast.
  5. ARod2000 Husqvarna
    AA Class

So what were the other bikes? (sorry if I missed it) Did the modern China-bikes make the list?

btw, my thoughts are - it's absurd to include the Husky in a list of all time worst bikes. While I do think it's lacking compared to it's contemporary mx counterparts, it's still a fine machine. I think it's weight simply rules it out for many people
  6. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    There were some notable names on the list - Honda and Suzuki being being two of them (CR250 and RM370, I think, though I can't remember the years). Some other, but not all, names were Rokon, Can-Am, Montessa, BMW (the predecessor to the TC449) and more.....I think even Yamaha???? I dunno, I'll have to check it out when I get home.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    The whole thing is simply stupid. mags should spend there time doing real unbiased tests on all machines not just 3 tests a year on the CRF.KXF... blah blah blah. the old bike mags ruled, tons of detailed info, HP ratings, real weighed weight, lots of info on setup and pages of excellent info on all the bikes including odd European offerings. Those were fun to read, still are. Todays are all glossy ad crap. IMHO.
    aciel78 and huskybear like this.
  8. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    MX tabloid.:D
    rancher1 likes this.
  9. cowboy86 Husqvarna
    A Class

i think the fact that the 310 is perfered over the 449 at the factory level says alot...
    DG Harv Serv likes this.
  10. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Depends on series. Cory G runs TXC511 in Western Hare Scrambles; a series he won, and ZipTy used same effectively in desert races.
  11. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    Well, the 310 is just flat out fantastic...
  12. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I was a doubter, but once I rode a TC449 I was impressed.... Nice motor, handled well. jumped fine (I was doing small ones), on/off throttle was a little different with CTS, but you adjust quickly. Big 4T bikes just aren't my thing though.
  13. pat ohara Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yes , 2 WR's
    Other Motorcycles:
    Old Style Husaberg,
    Jody Weisel has lasted a very long time as a self described tester/racer with an understanding of how the game is played. That's all it is, is a game for revenue, the sum total.
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Pretty much the scenario I see played out every time i let someone try mine.
  15. AgentSmith Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CRF450X, CRF250X, CRF250R
    Yeah the " Get a German shovel and dig an Italian hole and bury it..." was a bit harsh...no?
  16. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Again not "the top ten worst bikes". "The top ten worst MX bikes",
    these are released/sold to the public advertised as competitive MX machines for on the track racing.
    Not GNCC not WORCS, Not enduro not H&H not HS, not DS or trail riding etc etc .
    hardcore MX on the track Competitive racing machinery.
    I still dont know about it being the in the top ten worst but for sure it aint setting the world on fire in the MX world.
    In the Ammie world the thing is fine, it's just even there most ammies (99% of the entire MX populace) would be faster more competitive on one of the big 5(now 5) MX1/450 machines. I think thats the point.

But a though provoking example of MX bike polarization came up on the very harsh and filled with fast MX guys SoCal MX forums concerning the Cannondale MX machine. It was almost 50/50 Love/Hate from some fast vets that tested and rode them when they came out. The ones that loved it did have comments of would shoulda/coulda been done for improvement but the haters were brutal on that thing.
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    511 Just overalled / won the Glen Helen enduro series race this last weekend. Cory won his class championship on it. Great bike I hope we see more of.

"The team used the "511" to win the 6 Hour, 12 Hour and the "Bad Boy" 24 Hour events with the Husky leading most of the races from start to finish."
    ray_ray likes this.
  18. AgentSmith Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Huh??? The Husky didn't overall the Glen Helen Endurance race last weekend. JCR did. The best Husky finish was 9th by Charles Jirsa in the Beg/Nov class.
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  20. AgentSmith Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    ray_ray likes this.