Mirrors...Whaddaya Got?

Discussion in '610/630' started by WoodsChick, Mar 29, 2009.

1. schrode Husqvarna
    AA Class

2. High-Side Husqvarna
    AA Class

I picked up a used set of Ducati Hypermotard mirrors/hand guards/turn signals for my '08 SM610. I removed the mirrors and stock turn signals and feel it cleans up the front of the bike. You can really see out the mirrors or you can fold them in and pop them out when you need them, and the turn signals are very bright and are DOT legal, which is a plus when you live in California,

Below are a few pictures of how they look.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Thumperama and Coffee like this.
  3. flyinryanmtb Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    CRF250R CBR600RR
    Those ducati handgaurds look sick! Ive been wanting to do that to my bike but cant find anywhere that sells them for a reasonable price. Where did you pick those up from?
  4. tool46n2 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I am considering the Hypermotard gard/mirror as well but what I have seen online is about $400 for the pair....ouch.
  5. High-Side Husqvarna
    AA Class

I found them on eBay. The seller had them listed individually with the left going for $55 and the right at $35. I lost a set on eBay before and PM'd him and offered $300 for the pair and he took it. They list on Ducati for over $1,000 and are nicely made. I figured for $150 a side you get a handguard, a bright turn signal and a very cool useable folding mirror - and you can get rid of the stock turn signals and gangley mirrors. If you look at it that way then it's not so bad. You might get lucky and win them for cheaper on eBay, and they come up on Craigslist once in awhile too.
  6. tool46n2 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Can you confirm that there is no dif between a right and left. They should be symmetrical? Correct?
  7. High-Side Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm at work and can't right now. When I got them the original owner marked them L & R, but they sure looked the same to me.
  8. aai Husqvarna
    AA Class

photo.JPG photo.JPG photo.JPG photo.JPG photo.JPG
    Sorry, older thread but I just got my bike :-) and wanna say thanks for the solution. Really liked the idea of them being inexpensive and accessible enough to replace. They work just as you said, all supplied hardware needed. A 5/32 size bit for a mounting hole and the supplied machine screw threads right in the aluminum handguard. Noticed theres plenty of clearance so I decided to mount mine on the inside for protection from breakage. Easy enough to take mirror off and push the pole forward to plastic handguard if needed. Heres a few pics, thanks again!

Attached Files:

Coffee likes this.
  9. 1lunger Husqvarna
    AA Class

My dealer sells Aprilia and Husqvarna. When I picked up my 09 TE 610 last winter it came with those Aprilia Tuono mirrors. I quess someone messed up and some guy got an Aprilia with the goofy Husqvana mirrors.
  10. SilverBullet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 300EXC, V-Strom650, Super Tenere
    No complaints for me with the stock Husky mirrors after I installed a 1-3/4" riser. Now they are at a perfect height to clearly see everything behind me. If I ever break one only then will I look for replacements. But at only $11 each through Husky I'll probably even buy stock mirrors again. While back I hit a tree in the forest at speed and went down. Tree hit my handguard first which deflected impact to the right mirror stalk. Impact to mirror turned my front brake control 45 degrees inward but not even a scratch on the mirror.

For highway slabbing when I am laying down onto the tank, I have these mounted to the inside of my plastic handguards. Not much but better than riding completely blind to the traffic behind you.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300598935338?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

_
  11. johngil Husqvarna
    A Class

12. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    $17/pair Amazon specials. They're plenty solid, keep me legal, let me see my blind spots and don't look like goofy bug antennae, that's all I can ask for.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  13. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
  14. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Highway Dirt Bikes. I have tried the ones that RDTCU mentioned and I can't see a dang thing through them. I was a little disapointed, too. I like the look and have used them as bar-end mirrors on sportbikes.

The HDB setup is not cheap, but I'm glad I spent the money.
  15. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    Amen on the HDB guards; best on the market IMHO. Need the larger, tall mirrors though if you ride on the highway or especially in town.
  16. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

I don't know if it's fair to say that the HDB's are not cheap, they are an excellent value for all that comes in the box when you buy them :thumbsup:

And as far as the mirror part of the HDB's, it works just fine for me in the highway and in the city :excuseme:
  17. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I agree on both accounts (price and mirrors). I don't have any beef with the supplied mirrors. As a matter of fact, they work better than the stock mirrors and were a big reason why I bough the HDBs in the first place.
  18. Ketek Husqvarna
    AA Class

I've got some cheap plastic mirror from eBay that doesn't break when the bike hits the pavement.. so far it looks better than my already bent handguards :D
  19. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    Haha, just how many times have you been down??? :p
  20. SilverBullet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 300EXC, V-Strom650, Super Tenere
    Curious what you found not working well about the stock Husky mirrors? To me they have excellent optics, good sized, full field of vision (after 1-3/4" risers) and don't vibrate too terribly at speed considering the amount of vibes generated by our bike. Vulnerable in a crash and long stalks can possibly snag something in thick woods? Yes but they are sturdy enough to handle some abuse and a few crashes by me already.

In fact since many here have already changed their mirrors, if anyone wants to sell a set of stock mirrors shoot me a price including shipping to 77338. I would buy a couple extra sets for spares if the price is right. Consider though that brand new from Husky the mirrors are only $11 each.

_