Mirrors...Whaddaya Got?

Discussion in '610/630' started by WoodsChick, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Creeper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Nice things about bicycle mirrors is they are cheep (most of 'em) to try out, and there's got to be at least a dozen different designs to play with that will suit your needs.

I've tried "Third Eye" and those work in some applications... I've looked at the " ToPeak" mirrors, but with an aluminum body, they are so damned expensive that I've taken a pass. :p

The Zefal "Dooback", "Cyclops" and "Spy" mirrors are interesting... I'll have to see them in person. Cateye makes a few possible designs as well.

C
  2. Lurkerlou Husqvarna
    B Class

Well I have the CRG's on now mounted inboard on my SM and you can see but to be honest the best mirrors I was running on my 610 were the Aprilia mirrors that come on a bunch of their bikes.

Great optics , actually amazing compared to the stockers and they are a lot more sleek looking and I think it was $60 can for the set.

If you can't find any pics of them (or if you are still even looking ) I'll post a pic of them on the bike?
  3. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
    Please post away. I have a set of imitation CRG's and you can see but they are just as worthless. I am going back to stock for now, the streets are just a place you need to see all around you.
  4. Lurkerlou Husqvarna
    B Class

Here's a few [IMG]

Ignore the contraption on the left mirror base it's failed camera mount
    [IMG]

Just ask for a set of Aprilia Tuono mirrors but I know they are the same as on many of their bikes including their own Supermotos.
  5. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
    Lurker, those are some sleek looking mirrors. How much is a set, and are they a direct fit?
  6. Lurkerlou Husqvarna
    B Class

I think I paid $60 Canadian and they thread right into the stock perches.
  7. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    You are 100% correct! I got down the hill this morning and realized I didn't have a mirror on my 610 :doh: I turned around and headed back up the hill and grabbed the one off my KTM. I don't like riding with only 1 mirror; it's no better than 2 funky mirrors that don't work.

Lurkerlou, I'm digging those Aprilia mirrors :thumbsup: And your bike is a very sexy piece of machinery ;)

WoodsChick
  8. Lurkerlou Husqvarna
    B Class

Thanks for the compliment WoodsChick.

I'm not going to lie mine really isn't always that clean ....as a matter of fact I take even more pride in getting it filthy. I have admired a great many of the pictures and places you have had your 610 so two thumbs go up to you WoodsChick on your adventures and even more for taking pictures along the way. I guess I owe you a real Gong Show mud picture of mine.

Let me know if you have trouble finding a set of the Tuono mirrors ?

As far as the actual CRG mirrors if you take the time to mount them in the right place they really are a great mirror but it may be more that the knock off's aren't as optically correct or convex.

I would throw my Aprilia mirrors back on in a second if I really couldn't see behind me with the CRG's , as there are just as many things coming from behind trying to kill you as in front.
  9. rean1mator Husqvarna
    B Class

10. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    The 630 mirrors are 10mm. I forget the thread pitch, though.
  11. Simppa9 Husqvarna

I've got to know: what is that front mask, and where can I get one?!
  12. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

13. 128954431 Husqvarna
    A Class

Thanks for the links. I just ordered a set of the round 280mm KTM mirrors with mounts. USD91=AUD95 (!) to my door. Now's a good time for us foreigners to buy because the USD isn't worth squat... or is it just the AUD that is worth something.

One of my stock mirrors is on its way back to the dealer. Half baked threads so nothing for the lock nut to grab. Shoddy workmanship. I'm going for the seperate mounts because with my luck I'll bust one of the (expensive) perches if I use them.

EDIT: Direct link http://www.moto-science.com/products/ktm-folding-mirrors

14. Simppa9 Husqvarna

Thaank you!
  15. Dazlove Husqvarna

Attached Files:

16. HDND Husqvarna
    B Class

Attached Files:

17. flipsidenv Husqvarna
    C Class

+1 Dual Stars
  18. High-Side Husqvarna
    AA Class

I put on a set of KTM Super Duke 2 mirrors and they are so far out to the sides that you can see everything behind you. :D

[IMG]
  19. CloverfieldNYC Husqvarna

Here are mine...

upsidedowners...

Attached Files:

20. oneleven Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Just installed the Aprilia Tuono's today. Sleek and work better than the oem mirrors, which I'd still be using 'cept the bike was idling in the garage as I got suited up to go to work and the bike was vibrating the cardboard underneath it and made it inch backwards to the sloped driveway which I did not notice and it dropped on it's right side snapping the mirror off at the base doh!
    01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg