Mirrors...Whaddaya Got?

Discussion in '610/630' started by WoodsChick, Mar 29, 2009.

1. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    I am in need of new mirrors for my SM610.

The glass in the right mirror broke on its own one day while I was in physical therapy. It was fine when I parked the bike, and was broken when I came out. The bike never moved and the same car was parked next the bike that was there when I got there.

My left mirror was in my gearbag (unbeknownst to me...) down in Baja and did not survive the big black blender that was Mike's chase truck.
    I suspect George's driving had something to do with all the tiny shiny bits in my gearbag when I got home:busted:

So now I need new mirrors. I kinda like the folding ones that come on the TE's, but are they actually effective? I had folding ones on my KTM when I got it (Acerbis, I think) and they were useless. I need good vision on the street but don't necessarily want to buy stock SM mirrors.

I like those ones Muddy Waters has. You know, the ones that fold into the handguards, but I have nice Zeta handguards and don't want to replace them til I have to.

So...any thoughts or suggestions for me? Photos are always nice :)

Thanks,
    WoodsChick
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I actually like the stock TE mirrors, though they are a bit flimsy. I haven't broken any glass in crashes, but I have sheared the stems off on brush I passed a little too close to. I have an Emgo folding mirror on another dualsport bike. They also sell them under other names. Prices range from about 10 to 15 bucks.
    [IMG]
  3. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
    I broke one from a fall and I sheered one of my TE mirrors off in Baja from a branch (unlike the blender that WC experienced) so I am in need of new ones also. I have a SM610 on order, should be shipped first of next week. Do you really need two mirrors in CA? And are the SM mirrors interchangeable from left to right like the TE?

Gary
  4. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I have never had any problems with running just one (left one) on other bikes, although I have run both of of them on the TE so far. The right one on that bike is being held together at the base by a zip tie, so when that goes, I might be running only one.:D
  5. Yossarian Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Multistrada 1200 Enduro; Tiger 800XC
    I replace my TE610's stock mirrors with the folding version from the TE450. Simple enough.
  6. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

In Ca. you only need the left one to be legal. I run the folding ones from the TE450/510 and they're great........
  7. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Aint that the truth!

I'm trying to document that 'blending' experience. :D
  8. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    About 2005/7 that changed for California, now 2 are needed. Never heard of anyone being stopped for it though.
  9. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

I asked a CHP officer in person in 2007, he said one was all we needed, but that doesn't mean he was right...... best look it up to be sure. They probably wouldn't stop you just for that anyway. I haven't had any trouble yet......
  10. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sometimes there is a difference in what they need to get off of the showroom floor and what is still ok after you take ownership. Like all of the cool stick on reflectors etc.......... most of our blinkers aren't in compliance either but the officer said most of them don't know the details anyway, as long as they blink and can be seen he was ok with it. Also as long as the license plate isn't upside down, we're good to go.

And where's the pics and vids from Baja???? Don't make come up there and feather dust something ! You know what can happen.......LOL...LOL
  11. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    oooooohhhhhhhh.... kinky! :lol:

It is on the list to be done right after the vintage race vid. Need to get both done asap.

Hey I got the vintage race pics done yesterday, took 8 hours to sort through 600+ pics!
  12. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! I might go with the TE mirrors...or maybe something really supermoto-ey and sexy...I dunno yet. I need to come up with something soon, though, as I'm itching to get those knobbies off and get back on some sticky street rubber. I don't mind one mirror in the dirt and/or while dualsporting, but I like to have 2 good mirrors that work well when riding over the Meat Grinder on my way to and from work. Every little bit helps.

I'll let ya know what I end up with...if I like `em :)

Thanks again!

WoodsChick
  13. North Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te610
    Other Motorcycles:
    530 ktm 1200GS
    I have the mirrors in the picture on Post No.2, on my Husky and KTM.

I still break them, but at least they are cheap to replace. :thumbsup:

I do find that sometimes they can be a pain to set-up. And they do look cheap. Because they are. :)
  14. Nesbocaj Husqvarna
    A Class

I have the same too, +1
  15. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    I've looked for the name of the one I'm using but I can't seem to find the name.
    I believe they are from UFO, Not sure. "Fourstroke Only" has a pic of them.
    You have to grab the mirror to see anything out of it while riding.(Vibrates to much)
    But I just have it to make the bike legal on the road.
    Folds up for bush riding.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  16. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    That little vibrating mirror is an Acerbis brand mirror. I had one on my other dualsport bike, but took it off because it was pretty much useless to see anything in.:excuseme:
  17. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    :lol::lol::lol:
    Ya I know as if I could see around my fat little body anyway. It does suck.
    But at least I'm legal.
    Like the Italian says in GUMBALL RALLY (@ 1:12)

"First rule of Italian driving...What's behind me is not important"

Man that's an old classic.:D:cheers:
  18. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yep, same here.

WoodsChick
  19. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I like that movie!

Even if the law said I only needed one, I always use 2 when riding on the street in the San Francisco Bay Area. It's dangerous enough as it is, I wanna know who's aiming for me from the rear, too...not to mention keeping an eye out for ol' blue. The right side mirror is good for checking out on-ramps. I got rear-ended once while sitting at the toll booth on the San Mateo Bridge while my riding buddy was paying the toll. The gal that hit us had a map in one hand and a dollar bill in the other...never even saw us.

I like my mirrors :)

Hey, nice T-shirt you're wearing in the first photo, by the way :thumbsup:

WoodsChick