May never ride again

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by frenchlayer, Jul 9, 2010.

1. frenchlayer Husqvarna
    B Class

besides busting the front fork seals there is nothing else wrong with the bike. I am assuming it is ok to leave the bike like that for a while
  2. frenchlayer Husqvarna
    B Class

had a good checkup today. The screws and plate are doing their job so far, and the doc says the repair was a home run. Hopefully the humeral head will heal and not die.
    I got the staples taken out as well, and I can finally take a shower.:applause:
    Here is a nice pic of my scar from the incision.
    [IMG]
    My next checkup is in 3 weeks so hopefully all will heal as it should. I am still in some pain and in a sling. I won't be able to start any therapy until after the next checkup, besides getting some movement to my elbow so that does not seize up
  3. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

What scar?

Hang tough.
  4. Up-tite Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Give it a few more days then when the pain hits, just lift your arm a little garenteed to knock you out.
    Now you will have a use for all thoes extended spray nozzle tubes that come on contact cleaner cans that were never used. Hook them up to the Right Guard cans.

Looks good min swelling, good color, keep moving your fingers or your palm will go flat.

Looks like Surgeons nurse did a recount and figured were going to run short on staples then decided to space them a little more, or came in paks of 10 and wanted to use them all.

Later George
  5. ks9mm Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Beta 300RR
    Speedy recovery to you!!
  6. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Looks good that they put one each at the very ends. Mine only did one like that and healed fine. The other that was spaced a bit from the end healed weird with a "dimple" to it. Not an issue except it is between my navel and "area" and looks like some fruity piercing gone bad! One young lady actually thought thats what it was.

Heal up quick and do the therapy even though it will hurt.
  7. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Nice zipper French layer. Looks good and it is encouraging that the docs are optomistic. Everything that George and Joe said is sooooo true. Keep trying to keep everything as mobile as you can. Keep it upbeat, all our thoughts are with you.

Walt
  8. frenchlayer Husqvarna
    B Class

Update,
    Still not able to do any real PT. The bone has not fully healed yet. I will need to get calcium shots and wear an ultrasound device to stimulate the bone to heal. I heard these actually work pretty well. I have been getting in the pool and that helps a lot with my limited movement since there is no weight on the arm. I just have basic arm hanging exercises I do everyday, letting the arm hang and swing in circles. The pain is mostly gone, with the exception of the end of each day.

Man I miss riding so much. My buddy went out for the first time without me and he said he was very nervous and was the first time he was scared of falling. He rolled over jumps instead of taking them full on like usual.
    I am still fighting with the wife on whether I will have to get rid of the bike or not. I just can't bring myself to do that. She says it is broken anyways, and does not understand the busted front fork seals are not that big a deal.:banghead:
  9. 7point62 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 Kawasaki TR250
    Hi frenchlayer, good to hear from you - hang in there bud! :)
  10. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Sounds like you are coming along nicely.:thumbsup:
  11. Runner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE510
    If I can ever ride again that is one piece of equipment I am looking at, full padding for shoulders and kidneys. Any recommendations.

I have been thinking about the SixSixOne Pressure Suit to protect the arms, shoulders, stomach, chest and back. It looks restrictive, but might be worth it. Anyone with experience with these Pressure Suits?
  12. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Glad to hear that you are recovering. :thumbsup: When I completely blew up my knee in Sun Valley almost 30 years ago, I had a very hard time enjoying skiing. I had been skiing all my life and was used to pushing things and always being on the edge. This was no longer possible and it kind of diminished the fun factor and I ended up not skiing. Don't give in to the temptation to take the easy road. You will enjoy riding again and with the proper protection you will soon learn to ride without fear. You can't go back when you are ancient and do it over so don't be dissuaded from getting back on the bike.

Walt
  13. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    Frenchllayer, good to hear of your recovery progress. Godspeed to you.

I also liked the idea of better protection then a mx style roost deflector. I have the Klim TexVest and the optional shoulder pads. The vest is so sweet. It wraps around the sides to give full protection. The shoulder pads have mass coverage to. It fits fine under a MSR Trans Jak. I wear it year round as I don't find it hot. It is much better for an offroad rider then any mx roost guard. Did I mention the vest is awesome? Give TexVest a look. They make several different vest. http://tekrider.com/index.html
  14. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Gear helps... risk assessment helps more ...
  15. midengineracer Husqvarna
    AA Class

As far as pressure suits, they help. It still hurts. You get bad bruises. It hurts when you sneeze, for weeks. But it is better than being hard broken. I wasn't even going that fast.
  16. kzoo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 295
    frenchlayer,

Keep up the good work w/ the recovery; and keep your spirits up. You WILL be back on the bike.
  17. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

AWESOME scar man You're going to be the most popular kid in class Hang in there, you'll make it......
  18. frenchlayer Husqvarna
    B Class

Just an update. After months of pt and pain, I had my last checkup today and the doc says I am fully healed. I will still have soreness and limited mobility, but the bone healed better than he thought it ever would and he also cleared me to ride again. Now I need to invest in some good protective gear. I am a happy boy today[IMG]
    typeone, Slowpoke, mnb and 3 others like this.
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Thats awesome. Good news [IMG]
  20. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Great news![IMG] Never give up riding if you don't have to.[IMG]