1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC looking at converting from a 4T to a 2T

Discussion in '2st' started by te450dean, Dec 23, 2018.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    If going GG be sure to go with the latest chassis/engine (phoenix) spec not the older heavy weight set up. But again like Fletch said the C/B shaft KTM/Husky machine... is just amazing.
    fletchman45 and te450dean like this.
  2. te450dean Husqvarna
    AA Class

yeah i was thinking of the 2019 ones, the 2018 are the same (new backbone frame etc..) i was seeing if any pop up near new/demo models.

they won all the offroad bike of the year awards in Australia for the past 2 years, they are hard to get as they sell like hotcakes, i didnt notice much vibration when i was riding them,

but today i was board so i went down to my local KTM/Husky dealer, and man those new TPIs look good,,
  3. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I got to demo a 300 TPI today. It's amazing.
    fletchman45 likes this.
  4. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The 10-13 (actually they did make red 14s as well) were not bad bikes.. a tall chassis they did have. Pretty reliable but slightly heavy and outdated cockpit (in my opinion) no juice clutch ...if the price were right I would not hesitate to buy one for a second bike..the red Italian 300 hauled pretty good ..with the slightly awkward kick starter and more compression then the 250 I thought kicked hard...like robertaccio said the 12-17 gas gas to me would be a great dual sport bike but unless your superman they are heavy! And choked up. if you've never had a c-b 17 up husky you may be fine with a bike that vibrates more...i had a 17 husky 250 and a 16 beta 250 at the same time. In jumping from one to the other the vibration was highly noticeable...i like electric start but if my bike has electric start call me old school but I need kick backup..im glad husky and gas gas have chosen to leave the kick backup...i talked with my dealer about jumping ship back to gas gas...they felt since I've experienced the nearly vibration free husky and the light weight that I may be disappointed..at least for me..handling wise I'm told the bikes are a 50.50 split...suspension wise I'm told stock for stock the g asser fits a wide range of riders...i have favoritism towards husky but a soft spot for gas gas...with getting older my hands go to sleep easier..if buying the g asser it was suggested I also purchase a mako xc 360 handlebar mount. I guess this eliminates most vibration..tough choices...there are some good deals on 18 gassers and huskys..the 19 husky motocrossers and tx got some improvements where the 19 g asser got a map switch and sounds like small refinements like better plastic..the g asser to me looks cooler but I suppose it may be because husky is so mainstream since the ktm takeover....(buyout)..
    te450dean likes this.
  5. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    There's a brand new runout '18 GG XC300 with oem rec reg kit for $9700 in South Aus!
  6. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Screenshot_2019-01-06-23-06-21.png
    Better move quick it's a steal!!!
    te450dean likes this.
  7. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    I vote(obviously biased) for GG purely for chassis/susp & old school donk. Get an XC250/300 if ya don't need full rego. Much better specced(pipe/switches).

Mate has KTM XC300 & loves it(Mikuni carb & air forks).
    te450dean likes this.
  8. te450dean Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm in NSW so we can't get rec Rego! So kinda need the EC
  9. te450dean Husqvarna
    AA Class

And all the good deals seem to be in Vic, SA or QLD. Nsw is a rip off!!
  10. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
  11. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Dealer I bought my GG off is no longer selling them(due to GG AUS giving another dealer 15km down the road from him GG too!) & has an '18 EC250 6 Days(just different plastics) for $10K.
  12. te450dean Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yeah I saw a six days 2018 a few months back for 9.5k, I had not ridden a 2T for ages so I was a bit hesitant. Would of got 3k for a trade in as well. But yeah they are getting popular, it a big waiting list to buy one new, I'd be happy with a ex demo. A dealer near me said they may have there demo up for sale soon. See what happens
    shawbagga likes this.
  13. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    One of my buddies has an xc300 GASGAS and since he bought it 2 months ago he has put 45 hours on it with no issues other than a starter problem when it was brand new that the dealer fixed with a new battery and he neglected to check the spokes after the break in rides (his fault) and broke one spoke. Because I like the KYB forks and the price I'd for sure pick the GasGas one a KTM orange or white.
    te450dean likes this.
  14. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Yep im at 54 hours Doug in about 4 months! Nice bikes.
    te450dean likes this.
  15. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    Awesome color of the italian 2T aside, they do not have a hydro clutch or e-start. But for under 4K add a lectron, gnarly pipe and do the clutch arm mod, and you have one heck of nice machine. Lots of torque out of the WR300. Lots.
    Though I have to admit, my current bike a 2017 TX300 is one hell of a machine, too. Lighter still, than my '09 WR300. And with the super smooth power and very light overall weight, it can ride for hours and hours and after everyone else is whooped, I'm still looking for new bush to wack.
    In contrast my '13 TE511 killed me on the trails. Two to three hours of riding and I couldn't walk the next day.
  16. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    I heard a rumor that TM was going out of business??
  17. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Got a link to that rumor?
  18. te450dean Husqvarna
    AA Class

https://www.bikesales.com.au/bikes/...89.2138595832.1548052577-841975946.1489791947

this bike is close to me and have been watching it for sometime now.
    tempting to offer around 3.5k, anything to look out for on the 250s?
  19. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    I'd be offering $2.5-$3K absolute tops. Its a near 10 year old bike no longer in production with no rego.
    te450dean likes this.
  20. te450dean Husqvarna
    AA Class

yeah OK.
    i went to my husky/ktm dealer the other day, there are 10x 2018 TE250s (carby) in stock left in AUS, i could get it for under 12.5k ride away, (hoping my Tax return covers this easy doing it on tomorrow).
    would make it roughly the same price at a Gasser ec250..