Kurt Caselli Passes away ..

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Kevin_TE250, Nov 15, 2013.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    I think Steve was out on a ride and came up on the shooter out on some trail it wasnt during a race.
    TemecuCoastie likes this.
  2. street2dirt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 TXC310, WR300, 85 125WR, 82 175XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G650X
    Wow, just read Chili's column @Enduro360. There are no words, godspeed Kurt Caselli....
  3. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

R.I.P. Kurt
    Godspeed
  4. AndrewS Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350s 2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 TE250 (sold)
    This is terribly sad news.

RIP
  5. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
  6. 310huskyTE Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE 350, 2011 Meo.
    Other Motorcycles:
    67 CR250, 71 400 Cross, 78 CR250
    Tragic news.
    RIP Kurt.
  7. ptkatoomer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2020 ktm 300 xc-w, 2020 ktm 500exc
    This is so tough....like Robertaccio said, we all know and live with the risks inherent with this sport that we love, but when someone so young and vibrant is taken away like this it's just really hard. I didn't know Kurt but he seemed to epitomize all that is good in our sport. I pray that his family can cope with this loss.
    BILLF likes this.
  8. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    Tragic. Early reports of the crash being caused by a booby trap have been discredited. He died doing what he loved. Godspeed.
  9. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda

That's how I remember it.
  10. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Feel for those that new him
    This message from Toby Price -

RIP Kurt Caselli... I seriously don't know what to think or say.. This took me an hour and like 20 attempts to type, not only did we just loose a team mate at Baja but I lost a bloody good friend... This should never happen to great people like Kurt... It's torn me to pieces to know I'll never see this guy again and for his family, friends and fiancé I'm so sorry, I can't put into words how hard this would be for you all... This guy is the only reason I got so many chances over here and I'm so lost right now and can't thank him at all for it anymore... You will always be #1 and I'm so lucky and privileged I got to spend a week with you and ride with you here in Baja mate before this massive loss to the dirt bike world went down... #RIP #KC #willneverbeforgotten #bestracerintheworld

Who would take these risks so often for little reward?

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=htt...C2zAQGHn-wCrXdsNj80QeE-9W_xphCNZq00YDgt4w&s=1
    BILLF likes this.
  11. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    Its a damn shame that he's gone. Ride in peace, Caselli.
    Aaron8 and BILLF like this.
  12. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Thanks for sort of clearing this up ... I'm still gullible at my old age and know better than to believe anything off the web. In any event, Kurt and your list are all gone and not coming back ... That's life and life ain't always so easy ...
    BILLF likes this.
  13. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Still having a hard time wrapping my head around this. Been a day now and it's still hard to believe. Best wishes to the caselli family.
    BILLF likes this.
  14. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    It was not a booby trap, he hit a critter and just crashed. I haven't posted anything on his passing, he was such a close friend, our family has just been trying to cope. Another close friend of mine found Kurt, with his injuries and stopped racing to help. He was so young, very shy, getting married this March. I love his Mom, she is very kind as Kurt was. In our hearts forever, peace.
    Aaron8, john01, robertaccio and 12 others like this.
  15. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    We're all upset about this but Tinken, I really feel for you. Sorry for the loss of your friend. It sounds like he really was a great guy and it's a real shame.
    john01, BILLF and woodsrider like this.
  16. endurokids Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    250WRX, CR167, 83 430WR, TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    75 Guzzi 850T
    I didn't know Kurt personally but I still get sick to my stomach thinking about this.
    I've followed his career, as many of us have, and admired his achievements as a racer and person.
    He will be missed! Godspeed Kurt.
  17. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    The last bit of news I heard was that they think Kurt may have collided with a critter.
  18. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Sad news. RIP Kurt.
  19. JPinNC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 KTM 300 XC-W
    My thoughts exactly...
  20. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Quote from Toby Price
    Just wanna wake up and this be a bad dream, just waiting for him to walk in the door or give me a call to go riding... Just doesn't seem real or possible Kurt could be gone from us all and him making a massive impact on everyone's life he got to be around.. We got the race bike and it looks to be like Kurt has hit a cow or horse with the throttle in a wide open position, it wasn't a booby trap like people are saying, it was still a little daylight and in a fairly smooth but very fast section... I never asked this guy too many questions but I learnt so much from him in the last two years that I knew him, he will always be a hero, legend and someone that I'll never forget and have massive respect for... Loved watching this guy ride and so lucky I got to ride with him and learn how to improve myself, you could see the passion he had for the sport in his eyes even before he spoke and I learnt so much from the best at the Baja race.. Team meetings with him were always the best laugh and could always make your day... I'll always be racing for you mate, and depending what happens I'll have my hand up either way for the Baja races to walk away or I'll come back till we get that #1 plate for you, I could see the determination you had for this race... It's not a goodbye Kurt, it's a "I'll see you later" but gosh it hurts....
    Aaron8, robertaccio, BILLF and 6 others like this.