JD Tuner settings

Discussion in '610/630' started by Travis Shrey, Oct 16, 2011.

1. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    I've had my SMS up to 108mph (~175 kph)... I've got the JD as well with similar settings but the red is on 4 and red-blue is on 8, which makes it a lot more responsive when you whack on the throttle. Also got an Uptite throttle tube which has a faster ratio.
  2. alpha26 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW F800GS, Ducati Multistrada
    I set the Red to 4, but still can't get to 150 km/hr. May be to do with the Dunlop D606 rear tyre. I will try red-blue to 8 to see if it make any difference.
  3. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    Yeah, your rolling resistance will be higher than the Diablos. Do you still have stock gearing?
  4. HuskyBrutha Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM630
    Other Motorcycles:
    690 R, 500 EXC, XR250
    My iBeat Settings are NOT stock, dunno what they are.
    PowerUp, EHS Prefilter, Stock pipe.

I used to run relatilvely low G, Y and R and ran high on RB at 7.
    Now running higher values for G, Y and R and RB down at 2.5 / 3
    the bike is noticeabley much faster all round.
  5. Travis Shrey Husqvarna
    A Class

I pushed red-blue high the other day after reading this. Night and day difference when you whack the throttle open. Probably doesn't feel like much until you get your green, yellow and red sorted though.
  6. alpha26 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes, I still got standard gearing. This should not affect top speed as I can keep it in 5th gear instead of 6th. I think I will reset my iBeat setting to stock on my next visit to my dealer, and then play around with the settings again.

I wonder if anyone know the range of rpm control by G, Y and B?
  7. alpha26 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    I thought I will report back on my progress. I discovered that my air filter was very dirty. So after cleaning the air filter, and reset iBeat back to 100. I then use the following JD tuner recommended settings:

Green 3/4
    Yellow 4
    Red 3
    Green/B 3/4
    Yellow/B 4
    Red/B 4/5

I now managed to hit 160 km/hr. Fuel consumsion has also improved to 38.4 mpg on normal riding. I am sure it will improve more by playing around with the JD tuner. Has anyone come up with an optimal JD tunner setting - for Leo Vince full titanium exhaust system?
  8. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    About your previous question, the GB and YB settings don't affect the fueling directly, but they adjust at what throttle position/RPM that you transition from G to Y to R.

Bringing GB down will make Y come in sooner, and bringing YB down will make R come in sooner.

Remember I'm on an SMS, but I'm getting ~40mpg average without taking it easy and a good bit of 70+mph.
  9. alpha26 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks RDTCU, You seem to have your SM setup perfectly. I will set Red to 4, and Red/Blue to 8, and see how it goes. Hope it will still give good fuel economy - very important for those long outback adventure rides.
  10. bpowa Husqvarna
    B Class

guys my bike felt under powered for a while now. I spoke to James from JD and he was a big help. I recommend if you have not to play with the demo and get a better understanding on how the adjustments work. http://jdjetting.com/html/faq.htm#demo

I told James that my bike felt it had no mid to high range.. He advised me to get the green and yellow figured out first.
    I remember one setting I had allowed me to clutch 2nd gear wheelies.. and recently I cannot get the front wheel up. You also have to figure out what kind of riding style you do.. ie do you wide open throttle alot.. or just cruise..

I do alot of WOT because I have an sm and ride the canyons with sport bikes.. And they are fun for SM wheelies.
    I beleive for a smooth transition the green should be 1 or 2 setting from yellow.. ie green 3 and yellow 4.

I beleive i have mines set at g3 and y3/4.. Next you would have to set red.. I put mines at 6/7 this for wide open throttle GB should be close green and yellow set at 3 for smooth transition between yellow and green. .

Yellow blue depends on how you ride your bike.. I like alot of mid range so I set it 2/3; the lower you set YB. the more midrange you have.

I initially set the last setting at 6 or 7. this is the inportant last step. James mentioned that it tells the pump how fast to open or close.. He said if it stumples or jerk to go down a setting.. Initially it did stumple under acceleration/WOT i went down to 4.

Now the bike runs at its strongest throughout the power range.. The wheelies in 2nd are plenty..

Just my thoughts on this.. You have to figure it out on your own and how you ride.. I tried just about everyones setting and with the preinstalled IBEAT settings the bike never ran efficient..

It now feels like a real supermoto.
  11. bensl Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te610, te310
    Other Motorcycles:
    ducati diavel
    If anyone has a jd tuner and is thinking of selling please let me know. I would love to give It a try.

Cheers
  12. 1lunger Husqvarna
    AA Class

Good luck buying a used one. I just got one for the 610 and all I can say is wow!
  13. bensl Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te610, te310
    Other Motorcycles:
    ducati diavel
    Yeah I read your post which sparked my interest again. I didn't think the 610 benefited from a tuner but I would like to try. I doubt anyone will want to part with theirs but you never know.
  14. 1lunger Husqvarna
    AA Class

All I can say, is get one! Get one get one get one! It's a different bike!
  15. 4l0 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMS 630
    what settings you using Organ Donor.Think our bikes are a mirror image:D.Just ordered JD,so should be here soon, so fitting JD and EHS Racing filter at same time,over winter.Mine also has power up kit,and twin Husky Arrows with ECU.
  16. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I´ll have to take the saddle off and take a look, as I´ve been playing around with the seetings so often, I no longer know what the end result is.
    4l0 likes this.
  17. 4l0 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMS 630
    cheers buddy
  18. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    SuperTenere-GL1800-CBR900RR-KLX250S
    One thing to keep in mind, no matter what tuner you're using, someone else's settings are only going to be relevant if your bikes have the same Ibeat baseline settings.

19. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    And similar temps, humidity, altitude, fuel, etc...
  20. 4l0 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMS 630
    i am sending my bike away to have tappets done,service etc before fitting my JD Tuner.Being a little niave what is the FB you are quaoting here as i will ask the dealer to set all this while its there.