interesting results on the dyno - sm610

Discussion in '610/630' started by MotAd, Dec 12, 2011.

1. CrankN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610
    So how did you guys go with jetting changes on the older 610's to improve your ride?
    My '06 610 rides ok though i bet it could be woken up a bit via the carb. Already have a Barret slip-on.

Cheers.
  2. dirttracker1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    my10tc250,my12cr144,my12tc449
    Other Motorcycles:
    xr50,minienduro60,Gt80
    the RIDER must have a lot to do with it because We put Dalton stock 2010 TC250 on Scott powersport dyno few weeks ago,I wanna to know
    how much power I will gain after the intense work We're putting in right now,Mike Scott dyno on a regular basis as He's dealer for
    Honda,Yamaha,Kawasaki & KTM the result is 33 hp at the real wheel with a nice smooth power curve,it is somwwhere 2 or 3 horses
    underpower compaired to other brands stock,next time We'll dyno it will have head work,a Cam regrinded,all the gear smooted out
    andcoated,some more compression,carb work and every little details that Woody's reknewed for
    Dalton won 8 races among 21 podiums at 12 years old His first year on a 250,I must mention that a year ago
    When We talk about We were going to race a Husky for 2011,they thought We were crazy...guess what now all I hear is..
    that's a bad ass bike We got!,We raced against highly modified bike and people that can't spend their money fast enough and still
    They're worry when We show up with Our shoe string budget like kind a team,so if You cant twist it and hold it open, power doesn't matter.
    Thanks to Woody Kyle Racing for the free intensive work He's doing to Dalton's TC250,
    Woody thought We could use some more power and realy kick ass next year,can't wait to get that motor back,
    one thing with dyno...it doesn't lie!:thumbsup:
    5peg4m[1].jpg
    Woody Kyle speedshop is located in Van's Yamaha building in Starpa,illinois
    JonXX likes this.
  3. larry belli Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06 SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    09 Triumph Street Triple & HD XL883
    I have a Barrett slip on and I have a dead spot. Had the carb re-jetted and bike dynoed. I was told a Iridium plug will cure that. Have you heard anything about that?
  4. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

poor excuse for improper jetting,, what rpm range is the dead spot? Does it happen going slow through the RPM range or when you quick whack the throttle? What exactly is a dead spot in your terms? sorry about the thread jack..
  5. larry belli Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06 SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    My tach doesn't work, so I don't know about the rpm, but it does it when I'm going slower thru the lower gears. It happens when the bars hit the top line (no number read out). What rpm is that? That's the spot where it dies for a split sec then comes on strong. Other than that, the bike hauls ass.
  6. CrankN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610
    So did much needed to be done to your jetting? I'd guess my is still standard.
  7. larry belli Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06 SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    I don't know what was done to the carb. I bought the bike with 125 mi on it and all the mods were done right from the crate. The owner told me he had the carb re- jetted, but that's all he said. Big bore kit, ported head and cam.
  8. larry belli Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06 SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    This is what was done out of the box.
  9. flynn_ Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    610sm
    I must admit I found this thread by Google as a result of searching for power mods on the carb'ed 610 and was a bit disappointed to read that even the FI model only makes 46 bhp. On motorcyclespecs.co.za it says that the 610 carb'ed model makes 46 bhp and the FI model makes 55. Anyway I would have thought a big single like this would be under stressed and benefit from hollowing the exhaust cans and tuning the carburettor, but there doesn't seem to be any info on tuning them:confused: I thought something based on the 570 engine would have loads of tuning options available, I am a bit disappointed tbh.
  10. MotAd Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM701
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Triumph Daytona 675
    just keep it pinned. i found my 610 perfect for what i wanted it for once i finally learnt to ride it properly. either be flat out on the throttle or hard on the brakes, no in-between and you're good to go. great bike, love mine but going to be selling it this year as i just don't ride it anymore
  11. Flynn Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Shame, I do wonder why they make so little power and what could be done to open them up.
  12. MotAd Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM701
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Triumph Daytona 675
    is it down to the heavier weight of the internal parts? i suppose for the added longevity there's always a trade off. i was gonna get carbon wheels for mine to make the power to weight ratio better.

i test rode a supermoto'd 511 about a year ago expecting it to be an animal. it actually wasn't and didn't feel much different to my 610 apart from the weight.
  13. Flynn Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    I must say for a 575cc engine I find it hard to figure out how they extract less than 50 bhp. 45bhp according to motorcyclespecs.co.za. Disappointing figures. Yamaha gets 60bhp out of a 450cc motor in the WR450. When I get my Husky up and running I am gonna try and learn how to rag the tits off it. I really thought Husqvarna was supposed to be cutting edge and at the time the only true rival to KTM.
  14. mg94 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM610S
    Other Motorcycles:
    XT600
    It's 576cc. You can't expect much more without sacrificing reliability. The low end grunt isn't comparable to similar machines with higher displacement, with longer strokes and comparable piston bore. Stock 610/630 engines hit their max torque at around 6000 rpm, and the max power (whatever number that is) comes around 8000/8500 rpm. You got to really push it high to feel it. Of course there are the faster cams, but I guess right now they are pretty dificult to find.
  15. Flynn Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Mate, if you look at other motorbikes, such as the CCM R30, it has an AIR COOLED lump that puts out nearly 60 bhp. Similar to the Honda XR650R, again Now tell me, how does Husqvarna manage to get only 45 bhp out of a high tech liquid cooled race bike? The 610 is based on the 570 which is an out and out race bike.

Here is the link to the CCM:

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/ccm/ccm_r30.htm

It just seems for the pinnacle of high tech performance Husqvarna is living on it's reputation rather than actual products. And there must be some basic mods that will get at least another few bhp like removing the baffles from the back boxes, tuning the carburettor, aftermarket air filter?

Surely as with most motorbikes the 610 just suffers from being stifled due to emissions regulations and hence would benefit massively from simply "uncorking"? That is the case with most off road bikes from reading around on forums.
  16. MotAd Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM701
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Triumph Daytona 675
    i fitted a full titanium system to my 610, had a power commander fitted and custom map done by HM racing. they found no difference in running the husky on the dyno with the air box cover on or completely off! i think mine was 47-48bhp by the end of all that. slightly disappointing power figures but there again i clocked up 11,000 miles on mine with the most major service being replacing the cam chain (which didn't actually need doing once they got it out). otherwise it was just the usual stuff. it was ridden at least 5 days a week without fail and never once broke down on me. that's pretty good going for a single huh?

i remember seeing a ktm 690 on my way home one evening. at the time my gear selector was playing up and i couldn't change down gears. i thought i'd bait this guy into a race and i absolutely pulled his pants down and he was trying! what i'm saying is don't get hung up on figures, it's how you ride it that makes a difference. the 610 is a bike that you can point at pretty much any corner at pretty much any speed and you'll make it round. i love mine which explains why i'm having such a hard time putting it up for sale even though i haven't ridden it in about 2 years! :lol:
    JonXX likes this.
  17. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    SuperTenere-GL1800-CBR900RR-KLX250S
    Your CCM link says 53hp and that's at the crank. On a rear wheel dyno that will be about 45hp.

A quick google of XRR horsepower shows they make 45 rwhp stock. The hottest Baja bikes make 53-57 rwhp.

The two TE630s I've dyno'd made 47 (stock) and 48 rwhp (stock w/ LeoV).

18. Flynn Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Not meaning to sound too argumentative but why the extra weight and complexity of the radiators if an air cooled lump can make the same hp?
  19. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    SuperTenere-GL1800-CBR900RR-KLX250S
    Not to sound like a smart ass but you can google the advantages of water cooling. :) To me it appears the 610/630 are roughly comparable per cc to other thumpers. Only thing I see that significantly betters them are the latest KTM 500/450/350 race ready bikes. TE630 (600cc) street motor = 48rwhp. KTM 510cc state of the art race motor = 50rwhp and specifies frequent rebuilds.

20. flynn_ Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    610sm
    What about the Yamaha wr450f? That is only 450cc yet it puts out damn near 60hp:

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/yamaha/yamaha_wr450f 03.htm

That is a 2003 model as well so it's not massively cutting edge.

Also I wanted to revisit this thread to ask was it ever determined whether the 610 was 45 RWHP or 45 BHP? Because 45 BHP would be pitiful...

Another thing, from reading car and motorbike forums over the years it appears that carbs are easy to tune for more power.

So enough of all of this new school JD Power tuner BS, how can I tune the 610's DelLorto carburettor for more power?