interesting results on the dyno - sm610

Discussion in '610/630' started by MotAd, Dec 12, 2011.

1. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    I don't know...my husband's had two 640's, one stock and one not. The stock one was faster than my 610, but not near as fast as the one with the FCR carb and pipe. It just carburetes way better and runs really crisp. He's an old road racer and likes his stuff tuned to the bleeding edge of perfection, but even so, the 640's have an almost 50cc advantage and weigh about the same.
  2. MotAd Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM701
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Triumph Daytona 675
    guess we're lucky our huskies look way better then really! :cool:
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    My 02 TE570 was a good bit faster than any 610 i have rode. That bike RIPPED.
  4. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    In my opinion, a true supermoto is more like the 450 and 510. The 610's are on the streety edge of supermoto, simply due to the weight of over 300# and the motors are not tuned for radical performance on the street. They're more of a "gentleman's" supermoto, if you will. Not as high-strung as the 450/510, and built for more longevity and longer maintenance intervals. If you want full-on supermoto goodness, you need to get yourself a ride on the 450/510. Those are the real deal. Don't look at horsepower numbers, just go ride one and you'll see :)

You might want to look into a G2 throttle for your 610. It basically shortens the throw on the throttle, thereby making it like a road race 1/4 or even 1/8 turn throttle. Made a huge difference on my 610.
    Motosportz and MotAd like this.
  5. larry belli Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06 SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    09 Triumph Street Triple & HD XL883
    This is what has been done to my SM610: Oversize piston 98mm@12.5:1, new cam, ported head, re-jetted & a Barrett carbon fiber pipe. Dyno'ed 56.2 hp. If anyone wants, I'll try to post the dyno sheet. Work done by: Fast By Ferrachi.
  6. bpowa Husqvarna
    B Class

truth!!! op if you want to get 5 more hp without spending 2k just trade it for a 630..lol my other bike has 4 times the hp.. I like riding the husky more everyday..
  7. Freaky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE250 x-lite Race ECU/Injector
    These are big four stroke singles and you can only go so far before reliabillity becomes a serious issue, take my very tuned 2003 Husaberg FX650 supermoto which is dino'd at 63bhp at the rear wheel and 71bhp at the crank, it's a real animal and will touch 130mph and is the most fun road bike I've ever owned but has to be rebuilt every 1500 miles or it WILL explode.
  8. SilverBullet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 300EXC, V-Strom650, Super Tenere
    +1000
    more hp doesn't always mean more fun, more hp doesn't always mean faster times either unless you drag race only. Set up your bike properly and gear accordingly for your own riding style. Then save your money for tires and gas and ride the crap out of it. No bike is fun sitting in the garage.

_
  9. MotAd Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM701
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Triumph Daytona 675
    that throttle tube (?) sounds good. will look one up :)
  10. MotAd Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM701
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Triumph Daytona 675
    i'd love to see that fella...
  11. MotAd Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM701
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Triumph Daytona 675
    got the husky fitted with a pc5 and custom mapped today. has made the bike run much better. hasn't got me much more horses, if any, but has sorted the power delivery right out. the dyno fella has got the air/fuel ratio spot on and it's released a lot more torque and hp from 2.5-4.5k rpm. throttle is crisper and more responsive but i will def drop a tooth at on the front sprocket. the throttle tube woodschick has suggested sounds just the ticket too.

over the course of these results i've come to think there's no 'race mode' that happens to the ecu when fitting the plug resistor. probably just stops the warning light coming on. there was also no difference in power running the air box cover on or completely off the bike, so no air box mods were made.

it's a shame not to get any extra horses out the bike but the main objective was achieved. fueling is no longer lean the power the 610 has is being delivered effectively.
  12. larry belli Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06 SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    MotAd. I have pix of it on page 36 of pix of my 610. I can't copy the Ferrachi Papers, because it's a PDF and I don't know how. Also has the orig owners name, address and phone # on it.. I bought the bike with 125 mi on it.
  13. MotAd Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM701
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Triumph Daytona 675
    nice looking bike mate, is that a carbed model? woulda been good to see your dyno graphs and compare the difference.
  14. nsrrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FJ09, Triumph Tiger Cub
    hi-comp piston helps a bit......
  15. MotAd Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM701
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Triumph Daytona 675
    been out on the bike all day today and took her round the lanes. she is running sweet! so much crisper and immediate on the throttle. it's true these bikes could use a little more power but the handling is simply amazing. basically pick any speed and you'll make it!

impressed with the tyre combo i've got too. something i read on the net so thought i'd try em - an avon pxr on the front and an avon distanzia on the back. meant to be good for green laning (dual sport) but their road performance is also amazing. encountered a fair bit of damp and dry mud but they held well. very predictable on the road and stick like glue (it's about 5°C here today). take a lot of getting used to at first as the front is such a flat profile but after 100 miles you're there.

back in love with my husky!
    WoodsChick likes this.
  16. larry belli Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06 SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
  17. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    That's what I'm talking' `bout!!

Right on, man! :applause:
    larry belli likes this.
  18. larry belli Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06 SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    I'm with WoodsChick, my ST3 has 107hp, but I'm on the Husky all the time.
  19. rjdenya Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    05' Honda CR250R
    +1 with adding a JD tuner for increased power. They are inexpensive, simple to use and highly effective. I have no idea why more 610 EFI owners don't own JD tuners. In fact I started a thread weeks ago asking for personal results from 610 EFI members that had installed JD tuners. Let’s just say the lack of response was less than favorable for that thread.
  20. Rattletrap Husqvarna
    AA Class

My biggest complaint on my 08 610 was the leaness and decel popcorn farts. Added the power up with Leo vince pipe and my spark plug went from almost white to dark brown, and no decel popping. Gas milage went from 50mpg to about 40, but it runs so much better a tuner isn't even on the radar. A tuner might help some, but if I want to go faster, I think sending my suspension to be redone would be a better investment of money in my opinion. (tired of getting hammered by the front end) Thats next on my list.