1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Ignitech ignition

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by Bryll, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Husky37 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 CR500, 85 CR500, 89 TE 610
    Final update (well maybe one more about performance and battery life to come) to those following this thread....

Had a bit of a problem.... not with the Ignition system as it turns out. The bike would start on a dry plug but would not run for very long.... just a 5 to 10 secs then die not matter what I did with the throttle. This problem turned out to be my reeds being knackered (Thanks Bryll for the suggestion).

In testing my issue with the 84 and put the ignition on my 85 and it started second kick... that's after being laid up for 12 months!! So I can certainly vouch for the Ignitech system.

After swapping everything back and replacing the reeds the 84 started second kick. So I am now a happy chappie.

Thanks to Bryll for all his assistance.

Stu
    Bryll likes this.
  2. Abelma Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR500 1983
    Hello, congrats with your work.
    I have a CR500 83 too and i am thinking to change the motoplat after not having happy moments on the cold starts!
    But, did you noticed improvement on low end power with this programmable map ignition? Means, it is a more "linear" power engine ?
    The rotor fit exactly on the shaft or it has to be done some machining ?
    Thanks
  3. Bryll Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Some
    Other Motorcycles:
    Some
    If you decide to install it the way I did without any kind of flywheel, take a look at the first post in this thread.
    There will you see exactly how I did it, hopefully can you understand what I'm trying to explain too ;)
  4. Abelma Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR500 1983
    Ok it is very clear from the start :)
  5. Bryll Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Some
    Other Motorcycles:
    Some
    This saturday did I meet a dear old friend that I helped with the installation of a system on a Yamaha XT 600 equipped side car MX bike.
    He told me that he wanted to reclaim the installation and the tuning I did to the system :mad:
    -There's no way a standard XT 600 motor can run that good with that excellent performance only by a change of the ignition system.
    Something must be wrong, I want to reclaim everything - he told me :D