Ibeat V2.0

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Ex HVUK, May 21, 2009.

1. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    The effects of CO1,2,3 in open loop.

Link:
    http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/showthread.php?p=46277#post46277

Ibeat diagnostic version 2.0.5

Bike #1: 2009 TE310
    Emissions still intact, spark arrester still installed
    Lambda sensor removed & plug installed, and power up resistor installed.

CO = 100% for all
    TPS Setting = 952 (what is recorded in the bike)
    TPS Reading = 957 (what the actual reading is), Full open = 4390mV

Bike #2: 2009 TE450
    Emissions gone, spark arrester still installed
    Lambda sensor removed & plug installed, and power up resistor installed.

CO = 100% for all
    TPS Setting = 972 (what is recorded in the bike)
    TPS Reading = 972 (what the actual reading is)

It was confirmed that the because the power up kit was installed on both bikes, even ibeat II cannot adjust the FB1,2,3 parameters and the Valuese numbers could not be read - Valuese numbers would only make sense to you if you were acquainted with ibeat II in standard (closed loop mode, not powered up) mode. That is the topic for another thread because could not be evaluated.

CO1, CO2, CO3 were all set to 100% for both bikes (those are the open loop adjustment parameters - more later).

The Dynojet then developed the maps for the 2 bikes for the PC V. The bikes ran well enough in stock form, especially compared to the 2008 bikes that Dynojet has tested.

Using the developed map the CO numbers were adjusted as follows:
    Graph #1: CO1=CO2=CO3=100%, then CO1 = 110%, CO2 = 100%, CO3 = 90%, and the rpm when those data points were picked were not all the same.

Graph #2: CO1=CO2=CO3=100%, CO2 = 115%, CO3 = 100%, all at 7,000 rpms and is much more consistent.

Conclusions: The max effect of CO1 is at 20% and below, the max effect of CO2 is 40%, the max effect of CO3 is 70% and above. Going up with the CO% makes the bike run richer i.e. afr goes lower. Also it is important to note that the afr does not have a point at which it 'jumps' to a new afr, it is a gradual change. As you can see going from 100% to 110% makes the bikes go 10 points richer e.g. 13.7->12.7. I hope some of you appreciate these graphs, they took a huge amount of effort to obtain, they should especially be of interest to dealers.

[IMG]

[IMG]

TPS setting experiment: It was quite interesting to note that the TPS has limits. While holding at throttle open and reading the throttle the TPS could be set to less than 1.2V, but not 1.2V or higher. The throttle was held open till 1.196 was read, and that was input as a TPS of 0% open. There was no change of performance and the bike idled fine, even the low speed roll on runs.

"Slow running adjusting screw" (idle speed screw) experiment: Once the bike was warmed up, there was no change in afr when using that screw. That is the screw that presets the "Cold Start" button - black button on left hand side of the bike that can be pulled out. In fact that button being pulled out does not effect the afr either. While anything is possible, the most likely reason for this is the throttle plate may not be closing all the way, and while that screw and Cold Start button adds air, it may not be enough to change the over all amount at idle. Sadly there was not time enough to confirm this.

For reference

2009 TE310

[IMG]

2009 TE450

[IMG]
  2. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    I am opting for iBeat V.2. I hope to see more feedback from others who have it.
  3. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I'm not sure what you are asking, IBeat II works great.

But if you are looking for the best place to put your $ for tuning purposes I'd go for the PC V with Auto Tune, with that the iBeat is not needed, at least on the bikes that were tested... unclear what will happen next year.
  4. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    We have two 08 TE's here. A 250 that is planned for a 310 kit and a 510 that would be fun to up to a 530. These kits would be without any electronics and so will need iBeat to tune after install. A DJ PC is not planned for either bike. I know the iBeat works good and it is not a PC in it's capabilities but it is the better option for our needs. Reading of other CH members hands on with the software would be enlightening untill I get iBeat.
  5. bbcmat Husqvarna
    A Class

Copied from the power commander thread - originally posted by Coffee:

"The following only applies to the 2008 bikes, it may apply to the 2009 also, further research would need to be done, you can do that yourselves by downloading the 2009 efi maps and see it the Dynojet created maps are non-linear near 0% throttle at lower rpms
    Of equal (or greater) importance: The rpm ranges are broken up into groups of 250 - 1500, 1750, 2000, 2250.

There is a huge discrepancy between those rpms table values at 0% throttle. The bike runs much leaner at 1500-1750 than at 1750-2000. If the ibeat FB1 value on this bike is set up for perfect operation at an idle speed of 1700 then the rest of the rpm/throttle range will be far too rich on this bike. If the FB1 value is set up for perfect operation for 1850 idle then the rest of the map will be not as rich. This non-linear operation of AFR is further shown on the maps created by Dynojet for the 2008 bikes which you can download from their site.

So if you are tuning up a bike using ibeat you may want to strongly consider setting the idle speed up toward the higher end of the specified range before picking a FB1 number.

Symptoms of having the FB1 value set with the idle speed at the low end of the range would quite probably include flameout at lower speeds, and most certainly low mpg."

I'm plugging this into the Ibeatv2 thread since it's pretty critical to someone who purchased the software and were going to start playing with it. It contrasts the idea that on the dyno TPS setting don't seem to make much difference.

MAT
  6. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I am looking forward to having iBeat V2. I have the Arrow exhaust on my TE 510, with O2 sensor still installed. It runs good, no flame outs or anything , but does seem to be needing a little more fuel at the higher rpm's. I am mostly in mid range with this motor so it hasn't been a deal breaker keeping the Arrow installed. Surely iBeat will appease the beast.

Has anyone installed the 310 kit on a 250 without a PC, just iBeat tuning?
  7. RedRims Husqvarna
    A Class

EFI

Seems as if FB2 & 3 do matter on some bikes. Different bikes seem to get different results. More testing is needed on different bikes as this seems to be inconclusive. A statement from ibeat or husky would be nice.
  8. huskyte310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09/te310
    on the te310 they went with fb1-117, fb2-107, fb3-100.And it rips. NO more poping on decell.
  9. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Spark advance and injection pulse width, are those accessible/changeable? I don't recall if this has been covered already.
  10. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Yes it would. The work I and other people have done with iBeat appears to be the only information forthcoming. I have spent much time on that topic and frankly I've given up trying to get any official information. The Husqvarna and Mikuni factory engineers have that information, no one else seems to. And remember - whatever is known at a certain point in time is subject to change.
    Nope. FB1,2,3 & CO1,2,3 - and the Valuese numbers can be cleared but not set. Except for the experiments being done as to what those mean, there is no documentation.

There are other things as well such as TPS, EEPROM version, Vin numbers encoded, etc.