Ibeat V2.0

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Ex HVUK, May 21, 2009.

1. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    We've just taken delivery of version 2 of the Ibeat.

Main features are the same as Ibeat v1 however there is now the option to adjust the fuelling at 3 throttle opening points without the lambda sensor being installed (red arrow on pic), which will make setting up and servicing bikes with the race kit fitted much easier.

[IMG]

Also there is an option to adjust the fuelling with the lambda fitted dependant upon load and engine speed (9 setting points - green arrow on pic) known as 'Long Term Adaptation Value' to 'compensate for variability between vehicles and for deterioration'

We've plugged it in and it works but other than that haven't actually used it in anger yet.

[IMG]

Dave
  2. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

That's great news...wonder when they'll get state-side?
  3. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Same cable (hardware)?

I cannot quite recall but thought the existing ibeat plugs into a serial port and not a USB port.

If it is a different cable, any idea if the old cable could work with the new software?
  4. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Yes same cable. We have some V2 kits with the cable now but there is supposed to be an upgrade disc coming soon for existing Ibeat owners to upgrade to the later software at a reasonable price.

Ibeat cable is serial although almost everyone is using it on a Serial to USB converter here.

Dave
  5. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    We patiently await your "getting angry".
  6. GoFaster Husqvarna
    AA Class

Decisions, Decisions:

Ibeat version 1
    Ibeat Version 2
    Power Commander III
    Power Commander V
    JD Jetting FI Box ??? – I may of misunderstood this one.

it seems like just yesterday that we only had one option.
  7. WMRRA063 Husqvarna
    B Class

This is what I am trying to figure out as well.

I have spoken to dynojet and as of right now they do not have an availible 09 Husqvarna do to testing for the PC V. If your in the Vegas area PM me and I will put you in contact with my dynojet contact and if you let them use your bike for testing you get a free PC V with the the auto tune feature.

I am looking at possibly just going with a PC III for now for my 09 SM510, but I will know more after I take it to the track this weekend and really "break" in the bike.
  8. GoFaster Husqvarna
    AA Class

My bike a 08, but I sure would like see what a PC V could do for things.
  9. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    once they are out for the Husky whether labeled 2009 or not they will work the same on an 08. Just like they don't say the PC 3 is for 2009's right now- but they work just the same. I posted about giving DynoJet your bikes on the TT section and no one even responded- no one near las Vegas apparently either owns a new husky- or don't want DynoJet to tune and give them a free PC V. If they were closer I'd be there. http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=761269&highlight=

Thanks for posting about the Upgraded I/beat.
  10. WMRRA063 Husqvarna
    B Class

Its a shame either there are no SM510 owners in Vegas or they are unwilling to get a FREE PC V and dyno tune.

I am thinking of trying out the PC III for now. No realy dynotune centers close by here in Hungary, so I will play with the map myself for a bit.
  11. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    An update on iBeat 2.0:

We spent a little time on the dyno with a TE250 to see how the version 2.0 worked. Its better than the original iBeat in that you can now adjust the fuelling at three points without the lambda installed however the software adjusts the fuelling across the whole rev range at a given throttle opening.

For example, CO adjustment point 3 changes the fuelling across the whole rev range on wide open throttle. So with back to back wide open throttle dyno runs you could see the air/fuel curve stayed exactly the same shape but moved up or down the axis relative to the percentage change in the software.

The other two CO adjustment points work on 10% and 40% throttle openings I believe so you can tweak the fuelling on part throttle but it would take a time on the dyno to set up and you still don't have full customisation.

In summary it's still a great diagnostics tool but it's not the answer for those looking for custom fuel maps (which it wasn't meant to be I guess, we were just hopeful!).

Dave
  12. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    Not to hijack, but we have a 08 TE 250 here. Do you have the hp/torque #'s from your dyno runs?
  13. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    So they are trying to mimic a carb?
    FB1 => pilot jet
    FB2 => needle
    FB3 => main jet
  14. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Similar yes, although with a carb the main jet size has an effect on part throttle part fuelling where as with the fuel injection in theory FB3 won't as it only alters full throttle a/f ratio (but we haven't actually tested that).

Dave
  15. husky123 Husqvarna
    A Class

Does the iBeat software pulls codes and reset your computer? I'm getting the flashing green neutral light right now. The bike (09 TE510) still starts and runs great with no noticeable change. I've tried disconnecting the battery for 24 hours to reset, as others have suggested, but no reset.

Also, I may be able to get my "friend on the inside" to "borrow" the software. Does the bike have to be on the dyno or can you adjust, go and ride, come back, hook up and adjust again? I'm trying to cure the dreaded flame-out! Thanks.
  16. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    If you have the flashing neutral light then you either have a current fault that needs fixing or a historical fault stored in the memory. Plugging in the Ibeat software will tell you instantly what the fault is/was and the current status.

How much work has the bike done? They really do need to go back on the Ibeat software and have the fuelling reset after break in, we find the engine fuelling requirements change dramatically once the bike loosens up. If the lambda is in you can set them up without using a dyno and normally get them close enough, if it's in race mode then I'd suggest a dyno run would be the best option as you can then see exactly what the fuelling curve looks like.

Dave
  17. Droolsport Husqvarna
    A Class

In the recent Dirtbike article on the TE310 they went with a higher number (> 100) on these three paramaters which was said to be a leaner setting. Does this sound about right post break in? Trying to wrap my mind around the FI programming :confused:
  18. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Each bike is different so what is optimum for one won't necessarily but 100% right for the other. As a general guide though we have found that most bikes run best with settings >100 but how much greater varies from model to model.

Dave
  19. Droolsport Husqvarna
    A Class

I just re-read that article and they went richer on FB3 to 90. They claim the leaner FB1 and FB2 settings and the richer FB3 made the bike go from a top end ripper(stock) to a more pull at low and middle rpm.
  20. JoeF Husqvarna
    B Class

Hi Dave,

whats approx. the price for the ibeat cable and software?

Greetings from Vienna, Joe