Husqvarna E-Go

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Tinken, Nov 30, 2012.

1. rajobigguy Administrator

I wonder if that means I wont have to finish repowering the 3000+ magawatts we have planned.:thinking:
  2. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    We really need some definitions of what is a battery and what is a cell. Take the chevy volt for instance that uses a battery made in the USA yet the cells come from South Korea.
  3. 7point62 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 Kawasaki TR250
    Properly speaking, a "battery" is an assembly made of individual "cells". 12V automotive lead acid batteries contain six cells connected elecrtrically in series. But most folks will call those domestic AA, C and D cells "batteries" as well though - and always have done as as far as I can recall. As long as the person in the shop knows what we're asking for I guess it's not the end of the world.

A friend of mine is an industrial electrician and goes mad when folks refer to bulbs as lamps. Apparently we're all doing it wrong. :lol:
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Thanks for the info / checking in. I am trying to get to that 200-300K mark every day :D Second I totally embrace this stuff now where is my demo ride I have Emailed about 30 times. Third I like the direction Zero is going, bikes look better and seem to be progressing nicely. Thanks for pushing the envelope. Carry on. And Demo?
  5. Indorider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha TZM, Suzuki RGR (2 smokers)
    What a deal! Sign me up. I have too damn much money anyway...
  6. Husky Relic Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 511, 2012 TXC 310, 2013 TXC3
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW GS1200, Zero S, Zero DS, Zero FX
    By the way, the cost of the FX battery isn't $9000. We haven't even set pricing on that yet but I can guarantee its only about half that much and as I said in a previous post its good for over 200,000 miles. Not sure why anyone would ever need to replace one. And Motosportz, who is your closest dealer? I'll make sure you get a chance to demo a 2013 once they come off the assembly line and are in dealerships.
  7. street2dirt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 TXC310, WR300, 85 125WR, 82 175XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G650X
    Hey FabOneUp, we could always put cards on our spokes to make noise like on our "sting-ray' bikes, lol...............
    FabOneUp, rajobigguy and ray_ray like this.
  8. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
  9. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

45 mins. endurance is close to my 630 Husky´s tank capacity. But are the 45 minutes minimum or max?
  10. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

one liter of gasoline contains 16 kilowatt-hours of energy.
    assuming an engine efficiency of 20% and a drivetrain efficiency of 80%:
    one liter of gasoline means 2.6 kilowatt-hours of "usable energy".

the ktm battery contains 2.5 kilowatt-hours of energy, of which only 80% are usable (without destroying the battery).
    assuming an engine efficiency of 85% and a drivetrain efficiency of 90%:
    the ktm offers 1.5 kilowatt-hours of "usable energy".

r
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yamaha Sports Plaza
    (503) 669-2000
    22455 N.E. Halsey
    Fairview, OR 97024
    USA
    As you know I will do a full report. Very interested inthese. thanks
    Kelly
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Love your no nonsense informational posts. Thanks.
    rasputin and ray_ray like this.
  13. FabOneUp Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 KTM 450 XC-W '11 BMW R1200GS
    Well, YA!...oh, and it has to be pink! While the "card in the spoke" idea is a good one, don't get me wrong,...I was looking for a more modern solution. Something car drivers would love and would definitely know we were coming......maybe something like in the Dakar, only reverse it. When an electric bike is near, the Rush Limbaugh program on the radio would fade out and a piercing alarm would go off alerting all near by car drivers to be aware. There might be some issues in a California traffic jam, but other than that.....:D. Said with "full on" sarcasm!
  14. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Very impressive. But I get about an hour´s worth out of my 630 from a full tank. And my mathematical abilitiy has been rated at not above -1 from a very early age.
  15. MikeB Husqvarna
    AA Class

GOOD STUFF HERE :cheers:
    For some reason hadn't read thread until now.

There are some new anode materials as well which double or triple the power available from cells .... and if you double or triple the current capabilities we're there as far as making economic and mechanical sense. But Ray-Ray is right ... us old guys will miss the smells and sounds and tinkering of good old petrol powered vehicles.

I haven't seen any reference in the current electric motorcycles to regenerative braking .... you could program in the exact amount of engine braking desired at 0 throttle.

I work for a Honda dealership and am very aware (and dislike) that Honda corporation fully resists any technologies other than 4 stroke. From what I have seen of hybrid cars the current battery life is about 8 years .... and whatever number of miles you drive in that time. Kinda like your cell phone where the battery life can better be expressed in years (or months) than in the number of calls you make.

Now I'm going to go back into that link to a build-your-own web site .... the current state of the technology would be perfect for karting !
  16. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

all I´m interested in is:
    - how far will it go (... in winter, below freezing),
    - weight,
    - how fast

... and last of all, the price.
    LandofMotards likes this.