Husqvarna E-Go

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Tinken, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    crap I keep forgetting that and need to stop everything and go riding for two weeks.
  2. steadydirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 2002 wr 250 1994 wxe 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    fj 1100 cb500 cb350 rt 200 xs 650
    DO IT!
  3. steadydirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 2002 wr 250 1994 wxe 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    fj 1100 cb500 cb350 rt 200 xs 650
    simpler, lighter, fast enough, quiet[so they can hear you when you speak at them to pass]; and [not]about $20.!! for two gallons of good gas? I can put some 2T oil somewhere to keep the aroma correct.
    Tinken likes this.
  4. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
  5. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    :D if they made a truely reliable long lasting electric dirt bike i would be all over that. think of all the mtn bike trails that would now be legal.
    erigre and Blakelpd5 like this.
  6. FabOneUp Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 KTM 450 XC-W '11 BMW R1200GS
    I WILL! But I need some time. I already have a Terra build to do this winter and I have to finish a carbon trike (pedal) I started a while ago. It is definitely on the list though.
  7. street2dirt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 TXC310, WR300, 85 125WR, 82 175XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G650X
    I agree with ya firecrotch, I also wouldn't be worried about the battery life cuz by the time I would need one, 174k dirt miles!!, these will be running on dilithium crystals or something, lol. And for a workday commuter, I'd try one...........
    fasteer likes this.
  8. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Do they need special chargers like the Chevy volt?
  9. rajobigguy Administrator

Not sure about all of them but many are simple 110 plug ins. Think about it for the commuter, drive to work and plug in to one of their electric sockets during you're 8hr work shift. It would be like getting the equivilent of a bizzilion miles per gallon.:D
  10. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Slow charge doesn't require a special charger.
    Quick Charge Kit $399.99

By effectively doubling the amount of energy flowing to the power pack during charging, the Quick Charge Kit reduces the charge time of all Zero models by almost 50%. On applicable motorcycles, multiple Quick Charge Kits can be purchased and used to cut the charge time down by nearly 75%. The individual charger included in a single kit can also be used to charge, or trickle charge, an additional ZF3 power pack.

If a race team could afford multiple batteries, you could have extra ones at pit stops.
    California pays you 1000 dollars when you buy a zero motorcycle...
    [IMG]
  11. flyingbob Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    01 WR360_02 WR250_12 WB165_17 FC350
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VOR400_07 TM450_22 GG250_07 Tuono
    I could reword that ten different ways! :banghead:

There are great days ahead of us. Awesome bikes.
    organ donor likes this.
  12. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Call them "awesome" after you´ve tried one out for a couple of really cold winters in slush & snow.
  13. flyingbob Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Horses for courses! Strange thing about this internet, really tough to grasp the interpretation of thought sometimes without reading or writing a chapter! So many ways they could be considered awesome, and so many ways they suck... Actually, at the time I was thinking more of the awesome people dreaming, designing, building and promoting to the end result. It's a journey. The fact that they are there makes them awesome... not perfect. I guess. :cheers:
    FabOneUp and rajobigguy like this.
  14. rajobigguy Administrator

Obviously they are not going to be the right tool for every job but for some jobs they may be a better tool than what we are currently using and with technology growing by leaps and bounds they will fit better in more and more places. I'm not saying that they will ever replace the IC engine but having more tools in the shed is always a good idea IMO.
    FabOneUp, flyingbob and Tinken like this.
  15. FabOneUp Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 KTM 450 XC-W '11 BMW R1200GS
    I was thinking the other day while riding my Terra that I don't like the thought that no one would be able to hear me on the road. Even the quietest fuel burning bikes of today can be heard for some distance away. A chain rattle and tire noise with a hum of an electric motor isn't going to be heard by someone in a car while texting on their phone. I think I would definitely want the flashing headlight, at least, for some safety. On the other hand, I love the idea of a silent dirt bike. Our neighborhoods would also love silent dirt bikes. It would make a tougher fight for organizations against them too.
  16. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    32 years ago, I owned an electric bike. It was heavy and slow, used a car battery and I could go only a couple of miles on it. Now you can go 130 miles on one. Plus, what happens when gas is $20+ a gallon?

Steam powered bicycle:

[IMG]
  17. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I apologize! I know I´m not totally civilized. But all I want is to fall off my twig knowing that I´ve used up the last drop of fosil fuel on a motobike that is much more powerful than I really need.
  18. flyingbob Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Why would you apologize? You have every right to use all the fuel you want to on whichever bike you throw your leg over!
    Tinken likes this.
  19. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

20. 7point62 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 Kawasaki TR250
    I remain to be convinced by current electric technology.

I can see them working very well in a riding school / club scenario where you turn up, pay to ride, grab another bike when the battery light flashes red and then at the end of the day you go home, but they're going to have the resale value of a used plastic spoon, so unless you can afford to toss money around they'll be even less desirable than a used thumper with metal on the sump magnet...

Future power cell tech may present the possibility of replacing the electrolyte to "recharge" - which would negate the need to buy a spare battery if you want to ride for more than 45 mins a day. There's also a remote possibility that manufacturers may agree on a standard battery format - which would increase choice and so reduce cost. It might be worth waiting a while and letting the rich kids pick up the development costs.

And anyway, if electric bikes get popular too soon then the factories won't bother with all those D.I. strokers they've been promising us for years. ;)
    rajobigguy likes this.