Husqvarna E-Go

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Tinken, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Did they abandon this project?

[IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I hope so lol
    robertaccio likes this.
  3. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Think it´s been changed a bit. So they might well be still working on it. Let´s wait and see what comes out (if anything).
  4. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Sherco claims 35 HP, that would be slightly more than a MY13 TE310R built on a 250 chassis.
    The bike has a hydraulic clutch and a low and high speed selection. Yes, 2 speed transmission.

[IMG]
    [IMG]

http://plugbike.com/2011/11/15/sherco-se-electric-enduro-at-eicma-2011/
  5. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    The KTM eFreeride looks fun too.
  6. dave lindsey Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XCW/2012 CRF230F
    Wow..the Sherco and the KTM look nice!! Way more so than the Zero.
  7. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    I like the 2013 models. The FX and the MX are most appealing to me.
    http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/2013/

[IMG]

8. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Maybe they can paint them all pink in color also ...

Do you honestly NOT like the bikes we have today? Maybe you really, at the core, are not a true bike rider .. You just happen to own a bike and ride it from time to time ...

boy oh boy ... just u just love the marking schemes on this ... Instantaneous torque? I've listened to the crying over 2t engines being too powerful and can't be controlled and ...and ...and ...sniffle, sniffle, ...my 2t needs to act like a 4t engine so it can be ridden properly ... sniffle sniffle .. pass me a very, very soft tissue so I can wipe my delicate nose ...
    MotoMarc36 and Rob578 like this.
  9. FabOneUp Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 KTM 450 XC-W '11 BMW R1200GS
    Ya...what's not to like about today's bikes? I mean they're noisy, they smell, and they run on refined crude oil made from the most ethical and EPA friendly company's on the planet! Thanks to them I have a pet black seagull!
    Clete and Tinken like this.
  10. FabOneUp Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    I am sorry. The above post was not true...I am still in denial....I no longer have a pet black seagull. :(The cats ate him a couple months ago. They are really sick now for some reason. But on the bright side they no longer have constipation issues! :)

The neighborhoods next to my local trails also love today's bikes. They signed a petition and lobbied for a thousand more to go by daily!

Please don't take this stuff too seriously. Look at it like this if you don't understand the concept of electric bikes...your neighbor kid could be riding one of these all afternoon and you may never know it unless you looked out the window.
    steadydirt likes this.
  11. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    I posted another video Phantom Harescramble in the mud against open class gas bikes. Single speed, no clutch and massive torque looks like fun in the mud.

12. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

What´s the endurance of the KTM? Have heard it´s only a few minutes. Aimed for track hire where it can be handed back in for re-charging.
  13. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    I'm not sure on the KTM. The zero is rated at 112 miles city and 62 miles hwy. It takes a lot more power to maintain high speeds. 120 minutes on the dirt bikes.
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    There is some new tech out there where they are showing 3X battery performance. This is the holy grail right now, lots of research. I love internal combustion engines but once these have 80 plus miles off road capacity I will be an early adopter. I like the idea of no trans, almost no oil,. near zero maintenance and FAR less parts. On top of that is 100% power from revolution one and the ability to tailor the power to whatever you like. I think there are going to be lots of advantages our love for the piston engine is keeping us from realizing. I'm on board.

I want to demo a Zero but can't seem to get anyone interested in letting me.
    KLOC, J.R. and steadydirt like this.
  15. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

...think you forgot the WEIGHT!
  16. FabOneUp Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    The Phantom Harescramble video great! Thanks for posting that Tinken. This proves that the main goal here is not only to lean away from crude oil, but also to still keep the excitement in motorcycling. We all still want our bikes to go fast and we sometimes spend hundreds or even thousands to make our bikes lighter. These bikes already have both right out of the box.

The only hurdle these bikes have now is the charge longivity. This hurdle will be conquered shortly. Motosportz mentions the battery technology being worked on now. Tesla proved along time ago that there is electricity all around us.
    steadydirt likes this.
  17. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Mercedes has a hydrogen car slated for 2014. That's something really interesting. Battery technology doesn't sound ideal. Think of what they cost after they don't hold a charge anymore. I read in one of the car mags that it was 8 or 10k. The savings in gas don't even add up.
  18. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    My TE511 with fmf exhaust will produce 34.5 foot pounds of torque. It also weights about 270lbs fully fueled.
    Now all they need is a pink one for Ray ;)
  19. FabOneUp Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hmm...I thought when the Zero first hit the market it was around 200 lbs.. LandOfMotards brings up a good point too. How much does a battery replacement cost for one of these? I think you can buy a battery for a couple hundred bucks, but I can't remember and am too distracted here to check the facts. I am sure the factory replacement battery's are a good bit more.

Where is Ray? We need all the views we can get. Has anyone ever considered making one? All the components are readily available. If you already have a rolling chassis, I want to say you can build one for about $1500 if I remember right. I have thought about this with a solar charge station right here in my yard.
  20. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    The FX's battery is $9000 dollars.