Husky dropping parts support for recent non currents

Discussion in 'Older Single cams' started by Norman Foley, Jul 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    They are aware of it and checking into it ? laughable ... 1) they know and don't want to tell you more ... 2) they don't know and are incompetent .., 3) both 1 & 2 4) information loop broken

Sounds like they wanted it to be kept a secret ...

You would think it would be wise to just exhaust all supplies of parts but apparently for some reason it is better for the company to melt all the parts into what ever ....

That 02 axle will probably fit bikes many years younger and this backwards compatibility will be the saving grace for the bikes we own now and for the next few years till bmw plays out its hand here on the bikes ...
  2. HuffieVA Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    (2) 83 500XC's, 86 400XC, 02 WR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    ATK, Yamaha, Kawasaki & Harley
    Its obviously not rational to think that they will continue to make parts for older models forever, but "Less than ten years..." is definately not going to pull new buyers into what has evolved into a nich market brand. I had been hoping on the brand growing and perhaps actually gaining enough market share to get enough of the AMA's attention to allow them in the pro (mx) ranks once again. Hopefully they rethink their decision... With the limited number of bikes being imported it you would be hard pressedt o find a parts bike 15 years down the road. The least they could do is release the data so a loyal owner of an older bike could have something produced to factoy specs if they wanted to keep something running longer... Lets face it, If everything I owned that was more than ten years old disapeared... I wouldnt own much...
  3. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
  4. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Good to hear. I was not trying to create hysteria, but point out to owners of single cam bikes, to prepare for less parts availibilty.

When I find the '92-'93 WXE350 I'm looking for, I know some parts will be unavailible. Will that keep me from buying a Husky in the future.... Not for a second.
    SwedeHusky likes this.
  5. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Understand completely Norm, you were trying to be helpful. :)

I saw that thread too but did not have time to follow up in the background to find out what was really going on.
  6. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    It seems the truth is always some where in the middle of the two sides ... Bmw has probably cut something and if they did it behind closed doors, that is the problem ... One of the big wigs says he'll go check? Why is he left out of the loop?
  7. ARod2000 Husqvarna
    AA Class

He's not. There's no loop to be left out of. You, my friend, are very negative and a conspiracy theorist :thumbsup:
  8. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Not really ... I just let the cards be played then make a comment ... If a VP is going to go ask a question... Who does he ask? No loop? Sorry but their is entire chain of people that should know on a daily basis what is happening within a company ... if there is no loop, there should be one ... Maybe this is why NA sales suck ... Also, if you have processes that suck with a company, they should be made better ... this is one area bmw should be able to help immensely ...

When fu**8Ked .... Its actually OK to say it ;)
  9. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    I like watching cards in threads like these too........ Still believe patience is a virtue....And hope this paranoia crap doesn't kill used bike sales for future Husky owners.
  10. oldhuskychuck Husqvarna
    A Class

from a long time Husky Fan, rider, racer, and collector...
    for a company to buy out a brand name for the plain and simple fact of making money off it, isnt a new thing... Maico, Bultaco, Husaberg, Husqvarna, Harley, Enfield, Hendersen, Indian just to name a few..
    all were at one time, awesome motorcycles, with great reputations for power, reliablity, ect..and most of all customer service..riders won on these bikes..do to skill, class, and a little luck...the bike was only a tool that took them accross the line.
    they all had issues, but if you wanted say the best enduro machine..you got a Husky,, the best trials machine..Bultaco, and so on...
    so...
    large money based companies buy these names, for one reason...to take advantage of the history that these bikes had, and play on the memories that some of us had on these bikes..
    but every single one that i listed, missed one thing...the guy that rode them, raced them, and like use,,loved those old bikes..
    and when we buy the bike, that has the name painted, cast, engraved or stuck on the tank, we expect it to have the same reliablity, and same craftmanship that the original company was known for...
    and usually they dont...
    BMW is no different then any of the others..they want to sell a motorcycle {they} made , with a known logo..they could care less about a 25 year old motorcycle that they have no interest in..only the reputation that it built.
    id bet that within the next few years, the Huskys you see at the dealers, will be a thing of the past, and BMW,s bike will have the gunsight logo pasted all over it.
    they will likely push the Non BMW bikes off a cliff so to speak..
    i give it 5 more years, and BMW will sell off the rights to Husqvarna to another interest.
    its all about one thing....money..
    they only reason youy see new Husky owners that have never thought about the Gunsight...and the ONLY reason,...value...
    right now, you can get a year old Husky for less then 4 grand, cheaper if you shop around with cash...you cant get a clapped out KTM or YZF for that..
    they are a bargin...and for a reason...
    when a Husaberg is costing close to 10 grand, a new Beta 7 to 8 grand..and the KTM,s fetching close to 9 grand...its easy to see them wanting a bike for half that.
    Cagiva did the same thing when they made the Husky name its own,,basicly took the Gunsite, and pasted it on the Cagiva 2 strokes. and the only thing they changed on the thumpers was an elephent logo on the cases...and they got smart with the electrical issues...
    look at ATK...they buy out these old companys and paste ATK decals all over them...
    VOR,s and Cannondales. are now,..ATK..
    Scorpa???thats a yamaha...gasgas thumpers??thats a yamaha...
    what it all boils down to....get over whats pasted on the tank...and look at the the big picture.... buy a bike that you like, get over the brand name,..look at a motorcycle that will do what you want it to, with a company that will stand behind what it sells..
    and knows that to make real money over many years, you have to care or at least look like you care about the people that feed you...US. the end user....
    BMW could really care less about all us hard core dirt bikers, they never have,,,and likely never will.
    you dont have to like it, or agree with it....thats just how i see it..

notice i didnt say anything about the Japanese bikes...though i dont care for them, they figured this whole thing back in the 1970,s, lots of bikes, lots of parts, spend money on racers, and give the best dealer, customer support you can,,,and they will keep coming back year after year..
  11. huskyte310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09/te310
    I think you nailed it.
  12. 7point62 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 Kawasaki TR250
    :lol:
  13. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Via Google Translate:

14. oldhuskychuck Husqvarna
    A Class

for the record.
    Husqvarna hasnt been Husqvarna since 1986....the Italians had hands in the meal since that,,hell really since 1978....Cagiva had a vested interest in Husky well before the change over.
    as they did Harley, Ducati, and a few other motorcycle makers. Aermacchi ? Cagiva USA...same company. Beta, Fantic, Aprilla. on and on...all were controled by this company in some form or another.
    since that time, the loyalty to the brand really hasnt ment anything to anyone but us, and people like us...
    like Harley Davidson, i learned a long time ago..being loyal to a company even when the company could care less, really doesnt make much since.
    like staying with a women that could care less if your dead or alive, its really not her fault.
    if you keep blindly following a logo...your bound to get burned, the same reason id not own a new Harley, a new GMC, Chevy, or Remington firearm..
    they all lost sight of what made those companys strong....
    US
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I worked at Nike and Intel. Lots of loops there but with any big company your focused on your goal and might not always be privy to what others are doing within the loop. Sounds about right to me, nothing fishy.
  16. Fritzcoinc Husqvarna
    AA Class

I spoke to the dealer I use here in Texas today and they report that they have had no communications of any kind regarding the subject of this thread.
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    My dealer has heard nothing of this as well. EZ to check inventory and see what they have.
  18. mrblah Husqvarna
    A Class

does this mean the parts in question are still obtainable ? Thank god for internet forums this kinda stuff would go under the radar without them
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    unfortunately it also means we deal with rumors and lies. We will find the answer though.
  20. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Yep and its not a perfect world ... most of the time it is just best to protect URself at all times and hope 4 the best ...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.