Husky dropping parts support for recent non currents

Discussion in 'Older Single cams' started by Norman Foley, Jul 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Central Jersey Cycles got all parts last week ordered from Husky for a 570 engine rebuild. :cheers:
  2. Reflexrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Lack of Parts support

Corporate mind set crosses all division of any larger company. If you think the rumored lack of support by BMW for our beloved single cams is bad, it pales into insignificance compared to BMW's washing their bloody corporate hands of the dangerous steering pump failures and catastrophic CVT Transmission failures in the Mini Coopers.
    I have worked for two different companies that were aquired by bright people with excel spreadsheets that prooved how very correct their way of thinking was. The very first thing these price pigs utter is the very reassuring words " nothing will change, we bought your company beause of what it is, why would we ever change the very esscence of it?"
    Nothing remains the same, life is about change; and in the end it boils down to leadership; does the leadership at the new Husky have the stones to stand up and be counted on to support their customers. It is indeed all about the people who own these fabulous bikes.
    Rant over.
  3. mrblah Husqvarna
    A Class

ask me how much I love my high pressure fuel pump in my 135i

bmw knows they are crap, all they have done is extend the warranty out to 100k miles
  4. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    I read this thread and learned that ATK acquired VOR. I will add that the stuff on the drawing board and the patents owned can be a prime consideration in these mergers or buy outs. On the motorcycle side I might point to Husaberg and ktm, aren't those 950+ twins real similar to what Husaberg in development? I remember trying to figure out facts pertaining to the Proton ownership or majority ownership deal and found discussion about what BMW got out of the Rover deal which apparently all they kept alive was the mini cooper. Most would say it was a bad deal.

As for this age bracket I bought a 1999 te 410 but have modified it to fit the water cooled 85-88 two stroke engine hence just wandered here with no particular expectation of needing parts for these. We got a denial of dropping the availability of parts however we didn't get too much. It would kind of be nice if we got a statement about what the intention was as to parts availability back to some year 68, 76, 88 whatever. As for the new stuff What I read about the total number of employees I have trouble believing The manufacturer really can control the viability of their sources. Heck here in the United States they passed laws about parts for automobiles needing parts availability for eight years and the government itself seems to own a majority state in Chrysler it seems there are some problematic motor mounts no longer available because that supplier company went under.

Unfortunately a lot of what I typed I can't source with footnotes. For amusement you could go to bikebandit.com and pick a bmw model and see what is no longer available for it. I have a 1993 Yamaha GTS and have done that for amusement.

Fran
  5. mrblah Husqvarna
    A Class

where did husqvarna deny dropping parts support for these late model bikes in question?
  6. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I believe the original issue has been addressed, there has been no change in getting parts for bikes. And this thread has become a magnet for conspiracy theories and rants about managing companies in general, which is not which is not one of the reasons this forum was created.

I'll close this and if any new information becomes available I'll be sure to let you know.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.