Husky dropping parts support for recent non currents

Discussion in 'Older Single cams' started by Norman Foley, Jul 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Husky is starting to no longer carry parts for single cam bikes built as recently as 2004. I saw a post on TT, where owner of a 2002 TE570 was told by dealer, that Husky (Factory and US Dist.) wasn't stocking these parts any longer. This is before the usual 10 year period of support. This is supposed to be a cost saving measure.

Single cam owners should start to locate the parts they need for the near future.
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    A business decision has been made by the suits in GR :( ... I luv suits ;) almost as much as sales people and VPs ... lol ...
  3. mrblah Husqvarna
    A Class

poof goes resale value
  4. demi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 SH 500, 81 Gilera 125 C1, 17 KTM
    ....yeah, and this will turn into more of an issue/rumor for the newer bikes through the internents and peoples versions of the story...meaning, that Husqvarna has more bad "press" to deal with to the non-owners or folks that were/are on the fence about getting a Husky....can hear it now, Husky won't make spares...What? Really? no way....that rots...dang, I really liked those bikes too. Not getting one now. AND it will be left up to people like us to keep Husqvarna's rep and reality of the situation in order....ugh.
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Some one is reporting now that Husqvarna NA is behind this move ... It'll probably take a few days to shake out ....

info@husqvarna-motorcycles.com might can supply some answers or we can at least fill up someone email in-box ...

UPDATE: Last report says this is BMW and is happening in England also.
  6. Dirty Bikes Husqvarna
    A Class

7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    that sucks.
  8. Dirty Bikes Husqvarna
    A Class

oh yeah I forgot to add

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
  9. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    The single cams have to much Swedish DNA in them for the BMW suits. :lol:
  10. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

:eek: What are they thinking! Are they saying that the parts will not be stocked here in the USA but will have to ordered and shipped from Italy? Or that they won't be available at all?
  11. oldhuskychuck Husqvarna
    A Class

funny thing....the single cam Swede bikes actually work, last, have power, and you can kickstart them without the cases breaking....
    when i talked with the new owners of Husky last year, he told me they dont want anything to do with bikes they didnt make....and could really care less about us old time Husky owners,...
    for me, thats a nail in the coffin.....no new wanna be Huskys for me...02 and older..
    ill be buying a new Beta...
  12. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I've need even considered buying any other bike than a Husky ... and my days of buying bikes might be over but I was hoping in 2-3 years of picking up one of the 010, 011 models ...

But I can't see giving money to bmw ... this is about as blatant a slap in the face as one can get as far as customers go ... And I don't think bmw cares what I do or say ... They have a plan obviously does not include past owners ...

I'm afraid as I had stated about ~4 months back when all the hoopla started on that grand 450x engine, they parts will become an issue with all the bikes made by Husky \ caviga ... these big companies do not have a heart ... no feelings, no morals ... they have a wallet to be filled and a plan to do the filling ...

This is progress for our company ... this is the change that is so hard for everyone .... Remember all that Bull Sh**t that was written? lol ... so now we all get in line with the choir and start singing the praises of our new owner :( .... lol ...

BTW, where is the almighty and knowing bwm choir? lol ....

Coffee? Interesting days, huh?
  13. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Suits taken hostage at Ohio vintage days............film at 11.
  14. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Sweet ... maybe they will be forced to walk around without a tie on :)
  15. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I was going to send a link to this thread to someone asking for clarification, but I really don't think that would be a good idea now considering.

I'll use other methods of communication.
  16. oldhuskychuck Husqvarna
    A Class

i wish i could go to Mid Ohio...id give the knuckle heads an ear full for sure...
    and show them what a quality hand built Husky was all about...
  17. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

hey...hey...was just kidding!
    Really.
    Dean, you have a good idea there.
    However Chuck, our heroes that will be there are not the "suits" that made this decision if it is at all correct. Remember, Husqvarna NA is just the distributor and not Husqvarna Motorcycles. The quality of the new bikes is great. Sexy, functional, durable, and worthy of putting in an art gallery as well as on a race course! The idea is to sell new bikes..however lets hope that the line between that fact and keeping the older models of dedicated owners running has not been blurred by a decision that has not maybe been fully thought out and only influenced by saving money. Remember the old saying of "one must measure what one might gain by what one might lose."
    Joe
    (the Ghandi of Mid-Ohio)
  18. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Dean,
    People at Husky USA are aware of this and checking into it. This post was the second example of someone looking for parts for a early 2000's 4 stroke and being told parts are discontinued, no longer availible and not back ordered. On the other hand, I ordered a front axle for a friend's '02 CR250 and it's in stock.
  19. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

È tutta che un rumore. Ho avuto troppo vino al mio pasto e questo era un malinteso.
    Le mie scuse.

Luigi
    L'individuo di parti
  20. kouack Husqvarna
    AA Class

English please
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.