Husky 2t dual sport bike coming?

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Slowpoke, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    That is a redition and is simply a 2 stoke cylinder grafted onto a x-light bike. Not real, will look different but it is food for thought. BTW i have NO issues with the crank mounted clutch on my 511. Performes beautifully and hav had zero issues. No slave cylinder seal issues like the older models ether.
  2. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Watercooling sucks too. It hasn't proven to be a benefit to offroad bikes. Estart isn't a benefit I would want to pay for either. Dirt bikes need to be light and simple. All these so called "Improvements" have done is make bikes complex, heavier and more expensive. Next someone will pipe in and say aluminum frames are lighter which is also a falacy.
    tnttimber, robertaccio and ray_ray like this.
  3. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Don't take away my e-start lol
    I'm a bit shorter, love that button & don't mind the extra weight, esp on a 4t. Works good on my 2t also:thumbsup:

The more I think about it though, electric is were we'll be in 10 years; no kicker needed on them, estart is naturally built in, no rads either. Just a fan on the battery pack. As much as I'd love to see a DI 2t, I think the mfrs should have released it years ago when it was first developed.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I respectfully disagree. Water cooling make a motor run within tight temperature ranges and the manufactures run much tighter internal tolerances producing more and longer lasting power not possible with air cooled motors. I don't think EVERYIONE water cools the motor because it is fun and they like complexity. Find an air cooled 125 that makes 40 plus HP for more than about 5 minutes. The new bread of 4 strokes run hot even with water cooling. Lots of power per CC means water cooling.
  5. TrailPunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

So I just called the corporate office in Riverside Ca, and let them know that if they figure out a way to bring this machine into California and still have it come with a plate I'll have to buy one (maybe model year 2014!). I talked to a nice lady who said that our opinions are important, and that she would pass it along to the managers. She also asked if I would like a free T-shirt. Happy Friday!
  6. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    With the two cycle we are accustomed to at this point in time the heat of vaporization (minus figure) cools the cylinder head piston etc. I also would expect a plated cylinder, air cooled would work better than an Iron lined one. I will agree with you about the tight temperature ranges but how many of the current husky two strokes come with a thermostat in series with one radiator and a plastic block off sheet (for the other radiator) in the box of spare parts?
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    They don't need a thermostat. I have run many bikes with a temp gauge and they run in a narrow range compered to air cooled bike. Way better. There is a reason everything is water cooled, not a fad. Even a huge majority of street bikes are water cooled. Show me one real performance bike built in the last 10 years that is not water cooled.
  8. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    The capacity of water to store and exchange heat surpasses air by a long shot. Engines convert heat to horsepower and you can create more heat without melting metal if it's surrounded by a water jacket as opposed to air. You can run more static and dynamic compression without melting down the head and cylinder when it's water cooled. Comparing water cooled to air cooled engines is like comparing a drag stick to a wheel. Come on guys:excuseme: really?
  9. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Vinduro,
    open discussion and slightly curving away from the thread. Do you think that in your neck of the woods (SE) a simple CrMo 125 sized chassis, carbed, air cooled-non power valve, modern suspended and braked, mid size cc trail/enduro/xc moto would sell among the masses? Are there enough guys that crave that side of the trail rebuild capability and inexpensive and easy mech upkeep?.;) RN
    Vinduro likes this.
  10. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    How about we start a poll asking which bike you would buy next from a list that includes. 1. a DI 2 stroke that is street legal 2. a modern chassis air cooled carbureted 2t 3. A DI 4t Add a few more and you get the idea.

I like the simplicity of my WR250 so in some ways I side with vinduro. However when I ride my YZ125 and think how sweet it would be to have that light weight bike with the power of my WR250, I wouldn't mind putting up with a little high tech.
  11. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I would certainly buy a street legal WR300 in a heartbeat. I don't need the hydraulic clutch so much, but being a shorty with bad knees, I'd appreciate a magic button for sure! I officially count myself as first in line for such a fine machine!:)
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    what he said. :)
  13. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

You can't have it. I demand the first one. I have no reason for getting the first one other than I have a much larger profile and no one would see you behind me as I hog the first place in line.
  14. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I'm so tiny, I'll just slip past you!:doh:
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Don't get me wrong, I never said i did not like air cooled fun machines, have owned PILES of them and still have some and have a project going with one to specifically go air cooled. Just regrettably sold my air head ATK 406 but building a 2013 RM465 :>)

BUT a water cooled engine has proven higher state of tune advantages.
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    While I would LOVE this to happen and would have one I am not counting on it. Think it might be a pipe dream at this point.

- Is there a WB366 kit for it yet? :D
  17. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You guys and gals get in line to purchase one.I am geting the first one as a demo now who wants to get on my list for a test ride
  18. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    the title of this thread is Husky 2t dual sport bike coming? Husqvarna is this years sponsor of the ama dual sport series. What is the horsepower on the certificate of origion for a new 250cc dual sport bike? You want to deny the air cooled version a powervalve. 125 cc chain saws are air cooled and have pretty much the opposite of a filled crank. At least with husqvarna the progression went iron sleeve and aluminum fins, iron sleve aluminum casting and water, plated/nikisal aluminum casting and water. I can't point to an aluminum air cooled finely finned modern plated/nikasil cylinder what is the closest? Maybe we should look at a stihl demo saw for the starting point of the engine.
  19. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

You think you will get the first Demo. Hah' I see you demo and raise you sneaky devil that purges your garage of any trick stuff.
  20. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

You can't resist the dark side....it will distract you with whispers of grandeur as this fat man hand cuffs himself to the first DI 2T Husky in the states.