Husky 2t dual sport bike coming?

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Slowpoke, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

2. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

id buy one today if they had them for sale, that bike looks frickin sweet
    ray_ray likes this.
  3. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    That's one of the things that Kris Odwarka and I discussed last September at press day.
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    All the tech is there.... see that Rotax motor from the SeaDoo and other apps in the motorsports world.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Nice find!!! bet that is close to what the new 2 smokes will look like. Like the look but prefer the 449 bodywork.

[IMG]
    Bud70 likes this.
  6. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Uhh....quote from the article

This illustration represents what we think the bike might look like

With Photo shop I can put myself on any podium in the world and against any competitor!
    Runner likes this.
  7. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Nice looking bike ... I doubt bmw will allow a new bike to be designed to look like the older models bikes ... Buckle your seat belts for what might appear ...
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I figured we all knew it was photochopped.
    Captnemo likes this.
  9. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    Sure hope they use that kickstarter as photoshop indicates-lol
  10. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I'll have a 200cc model in the current 125 frame Please.
    john01, huskybear and hillbilly like this.
  11. hammer Husqvarna
    AA Class

I understand the DI for a road legal bike but do people really what FI for off road? Have folks not read the endless posts on crappy FI? Buying different injectors, ecu,JD Boxes and $200 dollar Ibeat cables. What make you think it will be any different for the 2 stroke. I can patch most stuff up on the trail on a carbed bike but more electronics makes no sense to me.
    510 SM SC likes this.
  12. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

This is a post I made on the other site: "I am sure many will prefer the old reliable tech. I can't wait to try the new tech. I am going to be dead in 20 years and I want to experience enough new cool things to make the last 20 interesting." That is my feeling and will be first in line at Bill's. I won't be getting rid of my 165 but have a serious jonesing for the new tech just for the sake of new coolness. Now if they make it in a 175-200 - bonus!
    Ryan, boisedave, huskybear and 2 others like this.
  13. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

On another note with the ability to gain at least 10-15% more power over a much broader powerband, I would'nt be surprised to see a 150-165 that is the new ultimate woods weapon.
  14. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    yep ... your crystal just might be in calibration ... We'll know the answer to that in about 4-8 yrs ... Planning on being there to see this one unfold ...

Your right on many points here on the cost and complexity that is involved with the efi for the new 2T owners ... I'll be staying with a CARB as long as possible but this change is needed to keep the 2T alive and maybe it is gonna kick some 4T butt from jump street ... Then we play ...

I'm more of a 4t guy now but consumers need a choice on bikes ... And a choice in the starting gates ... lets see some real bike racing ;0 )
  15. bearorso Husqvarna
    AA Class

For 2ts to continue to exist, DFI or some other new tech, HAS to happen. Most markets across the world, require bikes to be fully road legal, for any sort of sales to be made. Euro 4, or 5 - I can't recall, is due to come into effect in 2014????. That's when you'll see new 2ts really come in.

And, those new engines, will be clean enough to get 2ts back on the roads, on the trails, in California - they should easily meet C.A.R.B and EPA requirements.

I thought that when BMW bought Husky, it would be the end of Husky 2ts. Thinking they may be 'green' like Honda = "all 4t, all the time". BMW, saw the market KTM have, and, thanks to KTM having 'pulled on Supermans Cape', in saying they wanted to displace BMW, BMW went for their throat, buying Husky, for chump change, and releasing a bike like the 1000RR Superbike. Thank you, KTM!

From the word go, BMW management have said they would continue with 2 strokes - many interviews with higher ups in BMW featured this. BMW can see the advantages in producing clean 2ts - and probably not just for use in motorcycles.

One interview early this year, said they would use a prototype 2t in some extreme events this year. I've kept and eye on events - so far, no go. Perhaps they've wanted to try to win them, so used the std 300, without the risk of 'in public development'.

It was stated that they may show whatever 'new tech' 2t they had coming, at this years EICMA show. With the way models come out - mid year - it may be as a 2014 model, for mid 2013 release.

If you want 2ts to survive, you need to realise that new engines and induction systems, are needed for that to happen.
  16. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The falacy is that some believe that EFI produces more power. In reality if doesn't. If it is self adjusting it might help with large altitude changes but a well tuned carb produces just as much power and is much simplier to maintain. The new popularity with 2 strokes is not as much performance as it is that they are simplier to maintain and have been proven to be more reliable than most modern 4 strokes in the dirt.
    tnttimber and robertaccio like this.
  17. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    So is this new dual sport two stroke going to have rubber cushioning in the rear hub or in the clutch basket or somewhere else or none?

I recently tried to see about buying one of those new Ossa bikes with the impossible to dent pipe and found out that the engine cases weren't even metal that everyone spent all the effort typing on internet forums about.

Fran
  18. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

A lot of the debate and DI development may end up being moot. Having ridden the Zero electric bike, IMO that is where things are headed. Granted, the current version isn't viable for most trailriders, although it has exceptional acceleration and surprisingly longer range than you'd expect..... However, the next generation, (coming out later this year/early 2013)will close the gap substantially;
    Fullsize chassis & suspension.
    Almost no maintenance, except for suspension and chain/sprockets. No; oil, filters, clutches, top ends, jetting or EFI problems, Throttle cables to break. Mufflers to repack, headers to dent.
    Ride thru water up to your chin.
    Torque coming out the wazoo.
    Battery packs last at least 50-100,000 km of real world use (who puts that on a dirt bike?)
    2-4 hr range for trail riding(actual riding time), which is perfect for most afternoon plonkers.
    Pretty much the easiest thing to ride- just twist the throttle and go; no clutch, gears to mess with. Think modern Rokon Auto.
    Ride it til your tired, bring it home, wash it off, plug it in. Done.
    No Noise! Ride pretty much wherever you want!
    southy likes this.
  19. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    "they can improve fuel economy by as much as 50 percent"

Cha-ching!
    100 miles on a 2 gallon tank. Sign me up.
    And as an added bonus, no jetting. I live at 300' ASL, but I spend part of the summer riding 8k - 11k'. I'd love to not have to deal with swapping brass and the constant wondering if my jetting could be better. I want to ride, not tune!
  20. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    MikeB likes this.