How Husqvarna can improve sales in North America

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by Bobby, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husky Marketing in the USA:
    1) If Husky N/A sales numbers is the driver of any race efforts--then nothing has changed since Cagiva. By that logic the slide in the euro-18% this year-that alone should have provided $250,000 for racing in the USA. Ya cant grow the brand without investing in it, and thats the point. Chicken before the egg.
    BMW bought Husky to sell more bikes than KTM. Right? Investing in marketing Husky in the USA is essential. :doh:

2) While at the same time BMW has spent 7 figures to race the G450. It makes no sense. BMW is 10% dirt focused-and that dirt is adventure/rally--, yet spending huge marketing on World Enduro racing to support that tiny BMW dirt/adventure market segment. All the while not investing in Husky marketing in the US--the largest growth market. Makes no sense at all to me. Knight, Salminen, endless mag ads, etc. etc. Big bucks. All for not. The G450X program will be dumped, as the bike wont sell, dealers wont support it, and just like in '99, BMW will do a complete reversal and pull the plug. (anyone else remember BMW racing team of Sainct (RIP), Bacon (RIP) and Lewis?) Its all just a waist of time and money and momentum.
    BMW bought Husky to sell more bikes than KTM. Right? This is not the way to achieve that goal.

Husky TXC's in the Southwest:
    1) Its all about having the bikes here in August/Sept. We dont ride in the summer, its too hot, and we are banged up. Thats when our season starts-early fall. KTM's are here then. Desert guys go buy their bikes when school starts, and with Huskys showing up in Feb/March its just KILLING the brand out west.
    Get the bikes here early-like in '06-, and that alone will be HUGE. Racers will buy them--racers already know they are great bikes. Serious racers get them, then slower racers buy them, then their buddies. Thats how it works. Getting them in a mag or two would be nice. TXC's showing up at the middle or end of the season is a waist of time in the southwest--where those bikes shine. Timing is everything.
    2) A small BITD/WORCS team (sounds like one is coming together) would round it out perfectly. But the bikes have to be here during the buying season, and there has to be a parts/dealer support.
    3) WE HAVE TO HAVE LARGE TANKS. Totally useless to sell TXC's in the southwest if no large tanks are available. I didnt buy a '08TXC510 this past season for that, and only that, reason. I had the money, but couldnt race the bike without a big tank. So i just figured i would go buy a fun 610 and keep my older 510 and do less racing--kinda sucked big time. Although i love having a 610 in the garage. :)
    Lets remember Scott Summers' Team pulling in for gas each lap, hand turning the cap off, and loosing 4-5 positions per race. Then lets remember his hand made aluminum tanks...not good memories. Italy needs to design 3.2-3.5 gallon racing tanks for the US southwest, australia, spain, etc. (and make them TE friendly for the dual sport crowd)

Im adding my .02 pesos about the SouthWest just cause you guys in this string are mostly from the east coast. All good posts, and please no one take offense if i have a different opinion. :thumbsup:
  2. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

How about that Scott Summer's TXC set up tips in Dirt Bike?

Pretty cool!

BlipBlip
  3. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

And how many G450Xs have you sold or took deposits on?

JustSaying
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Mike, you are right on as usual.

Husky / BMW USA needs to at lease listen a little bit tot this chatter because this is where the rubber meets the ground. I am responsible for maybe 30+ husky sales just because of exposure to these great machines. When people ride them they get it. They do need to find inexpensive ways to get exposure. I offered to do demo's a year and a half ago, would have done it for free, set stuff up, made a game plan, no one would bite at husky USA. There are a lot of ways to get people motivated without spending huge amounts. Effective and efficient sales techniques are needed in these times. Get bikes in the hands of people who do expose them to many and sales will happen. Racers, race promoters, AMA DS rides etc. KTM has been doing demos here and i know they are working and know several people who have bought a KTM because of this.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    G450X's are selling very well here in the NW. People seem to like them.
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    I thought it was a web story,,
    but it's true BMW 450Xs are not Ca legal they are 49 state bikes....that came from our local BMW dealer, Brattin in San Diego. is this off the subject?? I am amazed that a fuel injected Euro3 bike is not CARB compliant,,this state is plain absurd with its rules.

its ok i would rather have my TXC,,,,,or if I was going new,,,,
    maybe the Husa FE450 (yes I said that)
  7. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    G450X, HP2E, 10 R12ADV, GasGas280
    Sold 2 so far and haven't sold any TE450's since it's been on the floor, matter of fact we've only sold 1 TE450 all year off the sales floor so the BMW G450X already tied it :busted: We have sold quite a few TE610, SM610 and SM/TE510's are real good for us so far.

Seriously though, the G450X has brought alot of foot traffic in the store and have even sent out quite a few folks on test rides on my personal G450X, all with good feedback. It's just coming out at a very bad time in the economy and in spite of it's price position and excellant warranty, folks are all to reluctant to dig in the wallet.
  8. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    Husabarf- er, Berg.

Was that you at Perris last thursday? Wait- you have a 450 right?

Some lad was onna 510 TXC- the most undramatic, quietest thing circulating out there...I gotta flog my stuff to get around out there....this 'trail bike' was simply floating over everything- tables, doubles, not even using half it's stroke. Could not even hear it running.

I wanted to go home and burn my shi*.

HATING LIFE HERE!

:banghead:
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Really good riders make everything look effortless. I ride with a lot of those guys (wish I was one).
  10. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    Copy that, Kel-

Plus- having 510 cubic centimeters between yer legs prolly helps.

Wait- that didn't sound right! :doh:
  11. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    In certain situations it is a gift from god, but can also get you into trouble real fast too. Wait we're talking dirt bikes here right? haha :busted:
  12. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    ...Woodschick to shut us down in 3-2-...

Good one! :cheers:
  13. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Told you I did not have time to keep up.... thought everyone was chit chatting about the tech tips....

I only scanned this thread, but it explains a few events today...

I'll read it in depth tomorrow.
  14. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Bobby started it dad!:cry: In all seriousness.... Maybe you could split it at post #10 or #12 and we would have two good threads!:cheers:
  15. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yeah.........who the heck is the moderator?????????
  16. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Ah yup, I'd say Bobby was the one... no problem as far as I can tell. Took the first several posts and put it here:
    http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/showthread.php?t=940
  17. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
  18. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

1) Parts must be readily available.
    2) Dealer network must be improved. No dealer in Utah! No dealer in Florida!
    3) Promotion of the brand with marketing.
    4) Timely arrival of each model year.
    5) Hardparts/aftermarket support

Thats how ya grow the brand in the USA. :thumbsup:
  19. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I can think of many many extremely inexpensive ways to increase sales, I've asked to speak to someone about that and no response.

I believe Cafe Husky existence is helping though.
  20. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ding, ding, ding... We have a winner. Norm hit the nail on the head right here.