Help! Debris found in my engine - 610/630 clutch issues

Discussion in '610/630' started by Rough Rider, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Husky Doug Husqvarna
    A Class

2. B_M_F Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SMR 450
    Thanks doug,
    Already have a feeling this is going to be a bi*** to do myself but money is tight so im going to have to try my best. Did you happen to take any pics of the basket? tools is where im lacking in this project i love taking things apart but need the proper tools or ones i can make proper use of....
  3. B_M_F Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SMR 450
    BTW what should i expect to pay for the rivets and washers if they run the same as the 610?
  4. Grump Husqvarna
    A Class

The washers from Indy are $60 and that includes shipping. He ships first and when you get them he sends an invoice to you so you can pay with PayPal. The rivets are about $0.99- $1.27 each and you need 3 of them. You may need a gasket too. And if you have not done the balancer woodruff key mod aor check, you may buy a woodruff key too.
    G
  5. B_M_F Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SMR 450
    doesnt sm come with balanced stock?
  6. huskyfreak Husqvarna

lucky he should be thanking jesus lol
  7. gasgaskid Husqvarna
    AA Class

Noticed more vibration than usual at highway speeds on my 610 sm, suspected the bronze bushing on my clutch hub. Took it apart and yes there is too much play on the brass inner bushing (aprrox 4 thou inner and 4 thou outer). Also found 4 of the 12 outer washers were hammered to pieces, noticeable wear on the others. Lucky my dad is a tool and die maker, he made a new inner bushing that was press fit into the clutch and has 1/2 a thou clearance, with 2 relief spirals for oil to get thru. He is now working on the 12 washers. Will let you know how it all works when i get it back together. I can't stress enough to check your clutch, and update those washers. I think there is too much clearance on that stock inner bronze bushing also. My bike has 13,200 km, that's 8000 miles for you non-metrics. Ridden gently on highway, 74 km daily commute, synthetic oil changed every 2000 km. I'm thinking a cush drive rear hub would be a good long term investment. I have also noticed some damaged to the splines on the countershaft shaft.
  8. gasgaskid Husqvarna
    AA Class

Got it all back together, did the usual 74km commute, a lot less noise and vibration. Checked my cam chain while I was at it. Still at 5 notches out. Looks like i got a good one.
  9. OhioMafiaRider Husqvarna
    B Class

10K miles on my 2008 sm610. I've been suspicious of something going on with my clutch. After much research I pulled my case and then the clutch basket. Cup washers were GONE on one spring, damaged on all the rest and wore down to nothing. Everyone better check theirs.
  10. LRPct Husqvarna
    AA Class

Why were you suspicious?? Symptoms? I peeked at mine recently while replacing my clutch actuator arm and one or two spring had VERY slight mark scuff on them, but washers seemed fine for now. Didnt do the bushing cause I got the wrong one. :( Probally springtime now. Too much work before winter for much riding anyway. :(
  11. OhioMafiaRider Husqvarna
    B Class

I had to adjust the tension on the cable all of a sudden and it didnt feel like the clutch would engage properly when Id go to take off from a stop. It would make an odd sound as the clutch would begin to grab. My bushing seems fair.
  12. Circus Husqvarna
    AA Class

I had sudden slack in my clutch lever and this was the issue. This is the clutch actuator arm that sits above your countershaft sprocket. It has cracked and bent. Others have had this issue as well. That part alone is about $90.
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    OhioMafiaRider likes this.
  13. LRPct Husqvarna
    AA Class

14. nickterc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 610ie
    Any picture of the clutch basket and the positining of the washers will be greatly appreciated!!Does any fellla knows the part number for this parts?
  15. _luke_ Husqvarna
    A Class

Probably the same problem...changed my oil, cleaned filters and what have i found :( engine was working with no problems, shifting and clutch too.

[IMG]
  16. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Is there any one we can send the basket to to get this work done?

Any volunteers?
  17. _luke_ Husqvarna
    A Class

Today i dismounted clutch basket and saw the problem. I contacted my spare parts dealer. Those 12 washers that are on both sides of 6 springs costs 95€, ca 120$? Are they crazy?

I dont really understand, why are those spring washers so damaged?

Is there anyone, who made them thereself by turning? What are the right dimensions and from witch material would be the best to make them?
  18. SilverBullet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 300EXC, V-Strom650, Super Tenere
    Here is a great source for them. Much beefier than stock and priced reasonable. Not sure if he'll ship overseas but worth asking.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=17914069&postcount=22671

_
  19. BiG DoM Husqvarna
    AA Class

I think this should be a sticky? mods?
  20. kingmoochr Husqvarna
    B Class

it is, see the push pin on the right side when you're looking at the 610/630 forum?