Help! Debris found in my engine - 610/630 clutch issues

Discussion in '610/630' started by Rough Rider, Feb 9, 2011.

1. 04asphalt Husqvarna
    AA Class

IMG_0002.JPG
    found this today, waiting on Indy for parts.
    where to get the rivets, Hall's soaks you for shipping?
  2. BiG DoM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ahh noted, thanks :thumbsup:
  3. SilverBullet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 300EXC, V-Strom650, Super Tenere
    Don't place your Hall's order online, it will automatically add the default freight charge. Call them and order on the phone, if you're only buying the rivets I'm sure they will treat you right for shipping as they did me. I ordered 6 rivets (two sets) and my grand total with shipping was under $9. You might need to politely remind them how small and lightweight the rivets are and that they can ship 1st Class Mail.

_
  4. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Yossarian and I have ordered up the parts to replace our spring cup washers (his 610, my 630) with the beefier ones from Indy Unlimited over on ADVRider.

Now I just need to find a place that will help us with the rivets and compressing the springs to get them back in there. I don't have a vise, or a way to put those big old rivets in.
  5. 04asphalt Husqvarna
    AA Class

thanks for the tip:applause:
    Parts from Indy have gone uo to $70 but still better than stockers
  6. _luke_ Husqvarna
    A Class

Is there anyone who can tell me exsact dimensions of those washers? I would like to make them by myself. They seem to be just turned or are they tempered? I still dont get it, what force makes them thiner :S
  7. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I'd ask Indy Unlimited over on ADV for dimensions if you want to make your own.

Indy's washers are tempered tool steel and thicker than OEM. The OEM washers are thinner, and I don't believe they're tempered.

You'd save yourself a lot of hassle if you just bought them from him. He'll ship worldwide. I suppose if you factor in shipping it'll be pretty spendy, though.
  8. SilverBullet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Machine turned and heat treated by Indy. Thicker than the stock Husky part and cheaper also. Can't imagine it being worth your time and expense to make them yourself. If you emailed Indy he would probably give you the specs. Clearly he is not making a fortune selling these, more of a service and covering costs plus beer money.

_
  9. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    _luke_ is over in Europe, though. Once you factor in shipping, it is probably quite expensive to buy them from Indy. If he has the equipment and materials to make his own, more power to him.

Myself, I don't mind supporting a guy that has gone through the trouble of coming up with something useful.
  10. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

That's my problem.

I'd be happy to send my whole basket to someone and pay them to do the swap.
  11. 04asphalt Husqvarna
    AA Class

drilled out the rivets, scared up the clutch a bit and elongated one of the holes slightly.:banghead: think it will be an issue?:confused:
    still waiting on the new rivets.
  12. SilverBullet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Elongated isn't good, but luckily it's only one hole. Two holes elongated could easily allow movement. Post a photo so we can see how much. Put a drill bit in the elongated hole that is exactly the correct diameter so we can get a better gage of how much.

_
  13. mekanik Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Wouldn't a Rekluse solve all the clutch issues? Noob question- let the attack begin;)
    jtemple likes this.
  14. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Interested as well. It sure would be a lot less work than dismantling the OEM clutch.
  15. SilverBullet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Nope. Rekluse only supplies you with a new clutch hub. Cup spring washers are on the drive plate. Rivets hold the clutch housing (basket) to the drive plate. Cannot remove the cup spring washers without first detaching the clutch basket. But if you've been thinking about installing a Rekluse now would be the time to do it when reassembling.

_
  16. 04asphalt Husqvarna
    AA Class

will post some pics, thanks

Halls order didn't come in, are the rivets special to husky or could they be sourced at machine shop?
  17. 04asphalt Husqvarna
    AA Class

here's a couple pics, STILL waiting on halls

Attached Files:

18. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I know it doesn't help you any now, but the instructions I got from Indy Unlimited were to use a grinder to grind the heads off of the rivets, then drive them out with a punch. That way, you aren't running a drill through those holes.

Here are Indy's instructions:

19. SilverBullet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    While unfortunate IMO you should be ok. As I said before since only one hole is wallowed out, the other two holes and the clutch housing after tightly riveting should help prevent any movement.

_
  20. 04asphalt Husqvarna
    AA Class

after I buggered the first one I used a dremel to grind down the last two:thumbsup:
    I dropped all the plates in the oil pan while taking them off :banghead::banghead::censored: what should I do now that they are all shuffled up?:eek:

STILL waiting on halls for the rivets:thumbsdown: