Golden Tyre GT216AA review

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by Motosportz, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I really liked mine for summer riding. Going to go through this summer too.
  2. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    Which one the 216 Fatty?
    I'm not willing to run it until the conditions get nasty. No matter how awesome I think they are, and I do think they are phenomenal, I cannot afford to keep them on my bike except under exceptional conditions.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    yes, 216 fatty.
  4. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    90/100-21 is the "Fat Tyre"
  5. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I have introduced several buddies to the GT216AA fatty and all are sold with the fantastic performance/grip and they wear forever. We ride tons of rocky stuff and they just keep going with none of ours seeing any of the nob problems seen here. I have 6 rides in Moab and 4 more in the local rocky gnarls and it still looks great and hooks great. I am not Rory Sullivan but I do push hard and carry way more inertia(fat).
    Xcuvator likes this.
  6. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    I have the 216 on three bikes now and most trails here are sharp rocks. Also have close to 2000 miles of pavement on one tire. No issues with side knobs so far. Could be a difference in the tire batch as I had a D606 fail this way. Three of on the same bike, same trip and same tires, all new to start with. Only my rear started losing knobs.
  7. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    I ended up buying a Battlecross X30 because my local motoz dealer didn't have any enduro I/T in stock. If I win the lottery I'll buy another fatty for summer and keep the battlecross for a backup tire.
  8. Jon Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14 TXC 310R
    anyone run the 216 fatty with tubliss? what psi is working best?
    reveille likes this.
  9. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    I'm also thinking of going tubeless. Any info would be helpful.
    It seems lower pressures aren't beneficial and 12psi to 14 psi seems to be best. Tubeless would only eliminate pinch flats.
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Thats been my experience.
  11. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    If anything, I'm thinking of going with a mousse. Otherwise it seems 12/13 psi is my spot.
  12. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    I ran 12psi last weekend in very rocky Tennessee trails and a heavy tube. No pinch flats in 1700 miles with this tire. I really want tubeless with a trials rear and was kicking around a tubeless for the fatty but I may leave the front tube.
  13. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    If you run mousse in front and rear, how noticeable is the 13 # weight of each mousse....well 10# over a tube anyway.?
  14. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    I am running them and since a load is off my shoulders worrying about a flat (or just regularly checking pressures), I am OK with the weight as so far I have not felt any handling issues. Consider too that you don't need to carry at least 2 irons and a tube and pump. For me I gain a better riding pressure as I ran a lb or 2 more to ward off a pinch flat with tubes.
  15. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The only way to go is a mousse I have run them for years and would never want to run a tube again With that being said for the 216aa fatty you need to take a new 90/100 21 michlien mouse cut it in half add about at least 6 inches from another mouse and stuff it all together. The end results is so worth it. BUT to get the best life spand of the mouse you also need to use Enforce tire soap use a lot I say again alots . Avalible from Zip Ty and you now have the best worry free front tire set up ever. Period

Why would anyone want to ride around with spare tire parts on there back For just over $100.00 you do not need to worry Zip Ty also sells mousses
  16. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    so John even with the M16-90/100-21 you still need to stuff....that was my question--all I have is M15 90/90-21 mousses and stuffed one of those into the 216AA. I was thinking that an M16 may work with no stuffing ok now I know
  17. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    guys wait a second I picked up one of my stupid strength UHD 4mm Michelin airstop tubes and I swear it weighs more than a mousse before jumping on the weigh thing. Lets weigh all these things, because my crew said the same- mousses are too heavy.....I don't think they are any heavier than a HD tube. ZipTy Engineer?? can you do a weight thread on tires, mousses and tubes, better how about the entire wheel, because I don't run rim locks on my fronts usually (stated because this time I did with the fatty)
    Xcuvator likes this.
  18. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    That's what Ive been preaching locally to the tube users that are buying 216AAs based on all of you guys' statements 12-15 psi in the GT216AA works best. My 216AA is a little squirrely now with a worn mousse the footprint is kind of flat now, and after 4 months its due for change anyway.
  19. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Robert just add a few more inches from another mousse I just did another one and added about 10 inches this time to my used mousse some guys get to hi tec on here just ride the bike and have fun
  20. squish72 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none.
    Other Motorcycles:
    15 ktm 350. 05 rmz 450
    well i finally went out and tried my new fatty. It was soooo great!! I installed the fatty with a sti ultra heavy tube and ran it at 13 psi. I also installed a mx52 with a tubliss at 10psi. I live in eastern part of nevada and we have not seen any water in a really long time so the dirt was a hard base with really loose powder on top. The tire stuck like glue and I really felt like I could push as hard as I wanted and the tire would be there and hold its line. The rear was really dancing around and I feel its from the round shape of the tire, but it never was short on traction. My first thoughts are this would be my go to race tire in its fresh form but only time will tell how long that confidence lasts as it wears. So far so GOOD! thank you everyone on this forum for your honest opinions and helping me find this awesome tire.
    Motosportz and TROFFER88 like this.