Golden Tyre GT216AA review

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by Motosportz, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    Is that classed as a motorbike or earth moving machinery? Holy crap!!
  2. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    3-6 months the plate will be surgically removed as it will interfere eventually with ligaments etc. Feels pretty good compared to broken shoulder (ski accident last Feb.) so hopefully less than 6 mos. I'm planning to upgrade engine in my VW buggy in the meantime so i can wander the same trails in comfort.
  3. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    Anyone else's GT 216 AA 90/90-21 HB sidewall chunking out a little early? They don't have a lot of hours on them. All dirt...

gtchunk.jpg

gttop.jpg
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    The fatty 216 I have on my CR250 husky is holding up amazingly well, zero issues, lots of miles. Tried a normal sized 216 on my AJP PR5 and ALL the side knobs jumped off at about the 400 mile mark. Was not happy about that as I was really liking the tire.
  5. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    shit i got a skinny one any clue why the skinny ones die and the fatty lives 4ever
  6. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    I have a fatty sitting in the garage, but I was going to put that on my 511. I guess it's going on the 250. For the price I would have liked the 90/90 to last a little longer. It is a brilliant tire, though.
  7. squish72 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none.
    Other Motorcycles:
    15 ktm 350. 05 rmz 450
    Just received my first fatty and I'm looking for a rear. I'm thinking about going with a tubliss for my rear. My down side is I have a 19" I've ran the mx52 and liked it except the wear was a little high. I've heard a million different suggestions 907 at81 motor exc. I ride 90% high desert hardpack, rocks and sagebrush 10% sand and clay mx. Any help would be great
  8. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Mx52 is really good if you have a 19, what I use.
  9. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have been out testing the Golden 523 rocky now for 3 weeks I really like the tire I have been running a Dunlop Geomax mx 51 but since Dunlop does not make a 51 and has replace it with the 52 and the 52 is only in a 19 I went looking I want to try to stay golden tyre Zip Ty is a dealer I did try the Golden Dominator 333 in a 19 it worked ok put did not hook up in the rocks like I wanted It looks like it would last at least as long as a MX51 did Then for 3 weeks now I have been trying the 523 Rocky just the regular non FIM 110/100/18 523 So for it has been PERFECT I can climb rocky hills that other tires would not have got me up. I posted a video about the tire test. As for ware it might not last as long as a 51 but so far it has been out performed the 51 I now order another one and plan to race the next National with a 523 rocky
  10. squish72 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none.
    Other Motorcycles:
    15 ktm 350. 05 rmz 450
    I ended up going with it and a tubliss kit. What pressures are you finding best results with? I was worried that the 52 Would be too soft and puncture more easily then the rest. I did enjoy the traction and handling with the 52 just not the wear but I guess give and take.
  11. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    The 52 wears much longer than the 51, I think I put 15psi in. Mx71 lasts a lot longer, but not so good in the sand.
  12. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    I'm really kinda sore about this. I don't want to jump into another 90/90 if it's just going to last a five or six rides. I'm not sponsored and $120 per tire hurts. At that rate I'd go through 8 tires in the riding season. Any suggestions on alternate slow single-track trail tires? Anyone tried a trials tire up front on your 2T trail bike?
    troy deck likes this.
  13. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Once you go with the Fatty you'll never wonder why. I was going to grab a 90/90 for the old IT since my honey rides it and thinks the fatty on my Husky is just awesome. Based on your and Kelly's comments, I can't believe they come from the same manufacturer.:excuseme:

I think I just might get another Fatty to race with and throw my old one (with 3 races including 2 national HnH races, a Hare Scramble, and a few hundred miles of play riding on it and looks barely used) on the IT.
  14. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    i have often wondered that
  15. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    My 216 fatty front has over 1600 off road miles and I used it over the weekend in Tennessee. Worked perfect. I have 2 new ones headed my way but this one keeps working. Tons of sharp rocks and no chuncking or knobs tearing. It's nearly unbelievable... But it's for real.
  16. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    That's the thing. Aside from the sidewall knobs falling off, it looks barely used. I was pretty stoked with how well it was wearing until I discovered that little hiccup.
  17. Aaron platt Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TX300, 17 FE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    16 Beta EVO 300

My 90-100 is doing the same thing. I have about 15 hours on the tire with lots of desert sand and lots of rocks. I Have the same problem with other tires too. image.jpg
  18. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    Cosmo.

I'm running the Bridgestone Battlecross front & rear. They are a soft tyre & offer great grip. I have about 6 or 7 rides on mine & the front looks great. The rear is wearing fast like a soft should.
    All knobs are still fine with no signs of cracking /chipping etc.

It's the best tyre I've tried in our local areas.
    It's good on wet rock (creek crossings ect.) isn't worried about moist roots too much in the single tracks &
    feels really stable at high speed on the dry gravel forest roads that link our favourite tracks together.

Definitely worth a look.
    Cosmokenney likes this.
  19. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    I'll take a look at the battlecross if the price is right. Our dry season is upon us, so the new 216 Fatty I have is either going to my buddy, or staying in the garage until the rain returns. Can anyone compare the grip the MotoZ Tractionator Enduro I/T to the GT216AA?

Our dry season in the NorCal redwoods is mostly red dirt powder, inches deep, on hard pack. Lots of rocky sections with the occasional root thrown in. I'm running a MotoZ Mountain Hybrid in the rear, so I might as well keep it all MotoZ.
  20. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    I found 2 GT216AA fatty's on my porch last night. I love the big brown truck.
    eddychecker likes this.