GNCC Round One

Discussion in 'Racing' started by tommie d, Mar 3, 2009.

1. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

Many fast guys from other American based series come out and try GNCC, only to get beat by the GNCC regulars!

GNCC is the premier off-road series in the United States... PERIOD AND END OF STORY!

On the 35+ Sportsman class.... This class is for industry people and X-fast guys... who are not into points.

This is NOT a sandbagging class at all... just a non-points paying class for guys who just want to have FUN!

And isn't that what riding is suppose to be all about?

JustSaying
  2. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I like to call the GNCC a.m. sportsman clas the "wassup brother...long time-no see.....let's see who still has it" class for nothing more than a bench racing seesion over your favorite beverage. Like Dale said..thats what the spirit of racing is. (Not to say I have not seen local guys "drop" a class at GNCC.I think this is more "don't know if I can hang at the GNCC standard" rather than the sandbag concept.) You know-racers hate to "lose face"...but to each his own.

Joe
  3. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Husqvarna Press Release
    KEARNEY TAKES "BREAK A LEG" TO INSPIRING NEW LEVEL
    Husqvarna team ace shows true grit with inspiring GNCC performance.

March 6, 2009 -- Parts Unlimited River Ranch, Florida - A broken leg would probably make most people think twice about entering a premier off-road racing event like the the opening round of the 2009 GNCC series. But for Team Husqvarna's Glenn Kearney racing with a broken leg only meant that he'd have to adjust his riding style a bit. After all the tough Aussie wasn't about to sit home and whine about the hand he'd been dealt and let a broken fibula deter him from his objective.

Just days before he and race technician Wyatt Seals pointed south to Florida from their Hickory, North Carolina race shop, Kearney crashed and broke his fibula on a training ride. Thanks to his high level of fitness and the excellent post-injury care he was able to receive from trainer/physician Dr. Johnathan Edwards, M.D., Kearney was able to make the show so on March 3rd Kearney lined his Husqvarna WR300 on the starting line, just as he'd planned.

"I am here to race and I'll do whatever I have to do to finish the job,"said Kearney, determined to keep his hopes of a series championship alive. "I've trained too hard for this day and there are too many people backing me to throw in the towel now."

As expected Kearney's day in the saddle was at times excruciating and if ever there existed a rider who deserved a "hall pass" to call it a day, he was that rider. Mile after mile he pushed, pressed, and persevered, hoping to maintain a reasonable pace and cleanly traversing each section. The rugged palmetto palm plagued GNCC course is renowned for punishing all comers and Kearney was no exception. He suffered a few get-offs including a smashing interlude with a tree branch that left his helmet in pieces but as the minutes ticked by he stayed in the hunt. At the end of it all his superhuman effort was rewarded with a top 10 finish, proving once again that Heroes (really do) Ride Huskys! With this ride in the books, Kearney fully intends to carry the same determination to GNCC Rd. 2 action in Washington, Georgia this Sunday, March 8th.
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    big balls, I hope the early ride doesn't plague him.
  5. Jeff@TireBalls Husqvarna
    A Class

Looks like I won't be able to race again tomorrow, I have a pile of installs in the morning. The track is in perfect shape too!
  6. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

How you liking the Husky so far?
  7. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '99 Husky CR250, '07 Husky WR125,
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 Husky SMR450, '98 Husky Scooter
    When I first saw his leg an hour or so before the PRO race I "thought" to myself that he was only there for "support" for Rookstool ,Cunningham and any other Husky riders. I introduced myself to him and I was suprised when he said he was racing today:eek: I kept thinking to myself later,before the race started,that he was kidding. NOPE!!!I headed back to his pit area and there he was dressed in gear and heading out to the starting grid !!SUM BITTCH IS TOUGH ALRIGHT...and even after the race he wasn't crying about the pain!!! I am glad I got to meet and shake the hand of this man,cheers to you Mr. Kearney:cheers: and best of luck in your racing career:thumbsup:
    :ride: Guscycle
  8. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Looks like he didn't ride round 2??? Any word.....
  9. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    From GNCC site.....
    Kearney twisted his already-broken leg in a rut, ending his day.

He rode 1 lap and was 23rd XC1 and 301st overall.
  10. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hey Norman,

Yes word from the race had Glenn dropping out after one lap with a twisted and very sore lower leg at GNCC round# 2 .

From the sound of things he was on fire during the first lap and was running in the 6th position only seconds from 1st.

Someone at the race said it was a freight train with 1st and 6th not more than 30 seconds apart.

Hopefully he can just ice it and let it rest so it's good for Round 3 in two weeks.

BlipBlip:notworthy:
  11. Jeff@TireBalls Husqvarna
    A Class

Love it!!! :applause:
  12. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Yes, something about twisting his broken leg in a rut?