1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC First ride - Trail Tech TE250i EFI 2 stroke

Discussion in '2st' started by Motosportz, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I have over a full year on this TE250i. Has not missed a beat and is my favorite dirtbike ever. EFI has been flawless and a big step forward over a carb. Fantastic bike.

[IMG]
    cbienusa, NH-JP, Huskynoobee and 3 others like this.
  2. V8Astro Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Strada / 2008 SMR510
    Other Motorcycles:
    Suzuki GS500, Yamaha TR125L
    I bought my TE250i about a month ago and have already modded it to the moon. I rode it once with the stock ecu. The low idle and lean surging at part throttle had me ordering a GET ECU right away. I got a DEP pipe with it. I got it from Slavens and they claim they setup their own maps in-house. The bike ran perfect then.

I also installed the idle adjustment screw. I’m still playing with it to find the best combo of idle screw and air bleed. The GET instructions say 2.5 turns out but I’ve found it’ll idle rock solid at much less.

Today I installed the Slavens S3 head for low elevation. It picked up a lot of power but I’m still not sure I’m sold on it. It sounds like it may have some detonation and that concerns me. I’m running an NGK BR7EIX plug. There is more spooge now...which is to say there was one little dribble on the silencer. But I was running it hard. Gotta see what it’ll do after the mods ya know? But the spooge could be from my idle screw settings. I may just go back to 2.5 turns on the air bleed and adjust the throttle plate accordingly.

I ride my bike 98% street so having the injection spot on is important to me. If it bangs and bucks like my GasGas it would drive me crazy

Attached Files:

3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Update... bike has 166 hours, on the stock piston... Runs hard. WTF? Been a super solid bike. You do seem to need to change the plug on these about every 50 hours cuz it burns them up. Love the bike. But...

Rode a 2020 TE300i, frame geometry is noticeably improved. Seems to have finally lost the KTM twitchy feel. Reminds me more of a Beta or new GG handling wise which for me is a step in the right direction. Motor felt a little soft which for our riding (tight technical and slick) was about perfect. We both thought it had about the same power as my TE250i with 166 hours on it :>) but with a little more bottom. I really liked his 2020 and want to move to that platform now.

Good times.
    Huskynoobee and ptkatoomer like this.
  4. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Kelly, was it stock? If so did you notice any mapping improvement over previous years? There are still some 19 250s sitting in dealers and I've been sorta thinking...
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    100% except the suspension. My 17 TE250i has been flawless EFI wise. This one seems to run great too.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    New 2021 TE250i coming tomorrow. This one is staying in the family as an engineer here bought it.
    87husky500xc and Huskynoobee like this.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  8. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 tx300i and a few vintage bikes
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
    Sweet bike! I would like to ride a te vs my tx just to compare the two. Look forward to the ride report :thumbsup:
  9. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    What's the plan with the forks?
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many