1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC New 2021 TE250i

Discussion in '2st' started by Motosportz, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    we loved our 2018 TE250i so much one of out engineers bought it. Just picked up the 2021 TE250i... Let the fun begin.

[IMG]
    268fords, Johnrg, Bioman2016 and 4 others like this.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    So got about 20 miles in after work.

First off the bike is WAY different than the 2017 and 2018 TE250 we owned. Compared to those bikes...
    • Feels lighter and lower
    • handling is WAY different, Zero KTM nervousness, Does not feel twitchy at all. Tracks through rock gardens better than the 2018 with a steering damper and excellent reworked suspension. Took some metal re-calibration as it was so different.
    • Motor is fantastic for me. Super linear, smooth and powerful. Glad I did not get the 300. This motor is perfect for me.
    • With some clicker clicking got the forks working really good. Shock is also very good but still need to dial it some.
    In many ways it feels like a uber modern version of my much loved 2002 CR250 husky which for me is perfect. It is very different and some might not like the less active feeling handling. But for me, after I sorted it, is VERY good.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  4. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 tx300i and a few vintage bikes
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
    Again with the gold wheels! Looks awesome. They look great. I agree 100 percent chassis wise. I went from my 15 te300 to my 20 tx300i and it handles tons better than the 15 did. Way more planted. I do miss the te first gear but otherwise the 20 is a rocket. My 20 corners much better as well. The new engines are so smooth. Very little vibration what so ever. Keep us posted and have fun with the new ride. Not to sure if they fixed it or not but I know my tx power valve cover leaks like crazy I just haven’t fixed it yet.
    Theo and Motosportz like this.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Same gold wheels.
    robertaccio likes this.
  6. gaz Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    After recently grabbing a run out 2020 TE250, I agree generally with your positive comments. Probably the best dirt bike I have ridden, and it’s in my shed! But the power certainly isn’t 300 like off the bottom, that’s to be expected so no problem. And it’s not that linear that it’s boring either. Like a perfectly jetted 250 should be, nice power hit mid range and it’s fun to go through the gears and clutch it out of corners instead of spending all day in 3rd.
    My only issues are the low seat isn’t ideal for a 6 footer, slightly cramped but a tall seat is on the agenda. I already put bar risers on so stand up riding is much better. But the ground clearance is interesting compared to my old KTM. I’m dealing with a lot more trail trash smacking my feet and hitting the pipe. No biggie, just different.
    Really nice photos too. The gold rims look cool mate.
    6F33CE93-CD68-4C21-9A6A-23C99DF0CC35.jpeg
    Motosportz likes this.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Got almost 100 miles on her now. Set the sag, played with clickers. Did some nice high mountain gnar on it. Best bike ever. Handles so neutral and perfect for me. Motor is fantastic. It's like if I got to tell husky what I wanted in a bike and they did that. Bike is pretty much perfect for me.

[IMG]
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    hummm.... 2018 with 200 hours never leaked. Neither did the 2017.
    87husky500xc and robertaccio like this.
  9. geastman Husqvarna
    AA Class

rodden.jpg

Rides with my local club, an inspiration to all. But even his insane pace would take a total of over 13 years to log 2000 hours. The 2018 owner did it in 3 years, tops. Or perhaps you meant 200 hours :)
    flyingbob and robertaccio like this.
  10. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Keep the comments flowing, my 17 TX300 is fresh, probably a good time to sell...... I am very committed to my dealer GP Motorcycles for all they have given and done for my drug habit. So that said they are a KTM/Husky/G-G dealer. I want to stay with the 300 2T program but it would be a TX300i but...possibly the TE model for the lighting extras. Also I am watching very closely at Sherco 300 and the Beta 300 truthfully due to their continuing choice of carbby models for the long term simplicity I like.
    87husky500xc and flyingbob like this.
  11. ptkatoomer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2020 ktm 300 xc-w, 2020 ktm 500exc
    You want to check the lower radiator hose on the left-hand side . Since they've lowered the radiators a simple fall can push it in to contact with the upper bolt of what I think is the power valve cover . I heard about this on Dirt Bike Channel where his hose started to leak.
    I've added some protection there.

Attached Files:

87husky500xc likes this.
  12. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
    Maybe it’s just mine who knows. I’ve seen some stuff on another forum about a guys ktm leaking in the same spot as mine. It’s not super severe so I’m being a procrastinator. I’ll check and make sure but I’m almost positive it’s not coolant. Personally I don’t feel like you’d be going wrong with any of these machines but now that husky has steady parts and a super solid bike I’m pretty committed to the brand (lame to some but I like what I like). I’d like to rip one of the 250s just to check one out. I’ve seen a couple guys complaining too about the lower subframe mount (mine broke from a hard drop, sucks) but some have said no hard crashes and they break but who knows. Ride the piss out of it and enjoy that awesome machine!
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    oops yes.
    robertaccio likes this.
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I tossed the 2018 off a small cliff, bent the plastic subframe but it is not broken. Still on there.
  15. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
    Similar situation here but the exhaust broke the fall just right and the rest is history. I’ll ride it like it is until other issues arise. I hear they are pretty pricey. Seen a few other pics of other broken in the exact same spot on either side. The one on my 15 was way tough. I ate it so hard on that bike on more than one occasion and didn’t have a single issue.
    8DB76136-EB6D-4060-86CD-D6444D2CAC1E.jpeg
    A136B062-63EF-4384-9D1E-7025F21B112F.jpeg
    robertaccio likes this.
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I have to say I REALLY like this bike. Seems built for me. More relaxed handling than earlier models that for sure fits my style way better. Motor is so smooth and really nice usable power everywhere. Pulls harder down low / roll on. Stock suspension is really good. I'm really not finding anything I dont like. Added a Seat Concepts seat and love the flat profile over the round profile of the stocker.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Johnrg, gaz, cbienusa and 2 others like this.
  17. ggg Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250 14
    Other Motorcycles:
    NONE
    makes me want to get one, my 2014 TE 250 is a very good bike but CB be nice
  18. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Kelly, I have not done my usual research. Does the 21 update the chassis? New feel/handling? or same as 2020 -19 ?
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I actually do not know. I did ride a 2020 TE300i and noticed the new relaxed handling right away. Made me want the 2021. I jumped from the 18 TE250i to the 2021. I dont think the changes from 2020 to 2021 are much.

I will say I am VERY impressed with the quality and detail of the 2021. Little things like purpose molded wire guides, forged head stay mounts on the frame instead of sheet metal, cool pipe mounts (much better design), the pleated pipe... ETC. Its all over the bike. Probably one of the highest quality production dirtbikes I have seen.
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    With the more relaxed handling (which I absolutely LOVE) and super detail I think it would be really cool if husky went the total off road direction of the past with items like axle pulls, place for tools, Zerks on the linkage and swingarm, larger tank, tall 6th gear... etc. Leave the KTM counterpart to be the stripped down race bike.
    fletchman45 likes this.