Finally Joined The Fold - New Te630. Need Setup Advise

Discussion in '610/630' started by CJBROWN, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Huskyfly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Looking for my next Husky......
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Africa Twin, 2013 TE310
    Nice bit of kit!! :thumbsup:

That Husky Luggage Rack is nice.......but nobody has them! Back ordered! :(

Anybody know where I can get additional fuel tank plastics?? I like the SM-630 flat black and red, would be cool to change out the colors for fall.....:lol: as silly as that sounds!! I feel like I own a Ducati Monster, wanting to dress it up with different plastics!! :p
  2. CindyTalk Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310 (TE 630)
    MotoXotica sent mine this week (bag) send them an email, they even delivered to Oz. In the Australian magazine Trailzone, their long term project bike is a TE 630 and the guys have just fitted a 25 litre Safari tank also fits 610 (normal tank size 12 litres) $730.00 Aus. slightly off topic.
  3. CindyTalk Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310 (TE 630)
    Note to self must read message more carefully, yes the rack (not the bag) is really good quality (Husky one) even has pillion grab handles so you remove the originals. Just had a great morning ride in the local State Forest, got lost on the trails as they got smaller and smaller but this bike loves it, rocks, gravel, sand, mud and my lack of skill too. Just love the uphill sections, not fast - nice and steady, great fun, what a bike so glad I choose this over the Tenere 660.:love:
  4. Huskyfly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    OHHHH, so you got the last one!! :cry: He said he's out of those but I could buy the exact same rack from Touratech...........for like $50-$70 more! NOT!!
  5. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    I did a hundred mile ride yesterday, mostly rough dirt road, some rocky sections, some steep, some considered a jeep trail. Bike performed flawlessly, is easy to ride, dumped it over twice in steep slick section, not impossible to pickup, suspension is fantastic.

Tires are like marbles. Gotta get something better for dirt, either MT21's or D606's. Maybe try Mefos, our local guy has 'em.
  6. Gut Husqvarna
    AA Class

I second that.

I did remove and reinstall the tank for some wiring. What is the crossover line for? Balance the fuel load? I closed the valve on the left of course before detaching the tube. The valve on the right was closed. I assume that both valves should be open. Can anyone confirm this?

As far as the 630 emblem detachment, some may be overthinking this. You don't need to completely remove the emblem. Just use your fingers and pull out to detach the lower tab. The top part stays attached by "hinges". You can then access the bolt. When done just push the tab back in with your fingers. "Opening" and "closing" the emblem literally takes one second.
  7. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    Confirmed on the emblems, that's what I ended up doing as I could tell if I pulled it all the way out I was likely to tear off the top tabs.

The crossover valves should be left open. This lets fuel from one lobe transfer to the other. The FI pump pickup is in the left lobe.
  8. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I like the MT21s over the 606s because the front is not directional. When the front starts to wear unevenly (and it will if you ride any decent amount of street), you just flip it around.
  9. StangSlayer Husqvarna
    B Class

10. Huskyfly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Need some help! Not sure if I got a very lonely skit plate or a defective one?? :thinking: My Uptite skit plat is literally up against my engine!! (Please see the attached photo) Is this normal?? I haven't even started tightening everything down knowing I'll have to take it off and do some bending.

Nobody's complained about this before so I think I have a screwy one.

Attached Files:

11. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Got some pics of the mounting points?

Mine is pretty close, but not touching:

[IMG]

If the mounting points look normal, I'd just bend that wing out slightly to give you some clearance.
  12. mekanik Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Try to make it work. The OE Husky plate doesn't protect the sides of the engine as well as the Uptite one. I wish I would have known that earlier! :doh:
  13. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    Much help, thank you. After a month and a half with the bike and 500 miles all of these things have been cleared up. I've added my comments in red.

Absolutely love the bike. It's surprisingly nimble on trails, not too hard to pickup, and goes like stink. Handling is excellent, suspension is everything I could need for a DS. Now I'm trying to decide between Dirtbagz panniers or a Giant Loop Coyote.
    Huskyfly likes this.
  14. CindyTalk Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310 (TE 630)
    The project bike in Trailzone swap the Husky one for a B&B bash plate which is what I have,
  15. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    The plates in question aren't Husky skidplates. They're Uptite skidplates.
  16. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I'd contact George. He'll make it right. My guess is that he'll just tell you to bend it outward some, though. His skidplate is pretty tough; you aren't going to hurt it.
  17. jhan Husqvarna

Did you try snug up the bolts? Push the plate up from the bottom, make sure the front is snug against the frame and it is still touching? If I remember right mine was like that until I got everything tight. I might have wiggled it a bit, but it's like 1/16-1/8 inch from the engine.
  18. Huskyfly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yeah, I got it all put together and it was still touching......no worries. I did a little bending here and there and now have it all set!! Here's a picture from the bottom of it..........she was tired after riding a bit at Metcalf?!

Attached Files:

19. Huskyfly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    EXACTLY what I discovered yesterday for myself! It's a fantastic bike!!

I'm a relatively new dirt bike rider, not one to jump or intentionally find a rock garden but all I seemed to do yesterday was exactly that, climb rocks and jump!! I've never in my life jumped as high as I did yesterday!! :eek: I'm sure to other experienced riders a foot or two is nothing, but for me.......OMG!!! :lol:
  20. Gut Husqvarna
    AA Class

I did the power up and the 14 t counter sprocket some time ago and, as widely reported, it greatly improved performance. That and the actual break in. Recently, when cleaning the air filter I decided to remove the Labyrinth air box baffle as many have done. Maybe I have a vivid imagination, but that seemed to give the bike an additional substantial performance boost.