Finally Joined The Fold - New Te630. Need Setup Advise

Discussion in '610/630' started by CJBROWN, Aug 2, 2011.

1. CindyTalk Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310 (TE 630)
    Yes, you have to lift the tank to get to the sensor plug, unplug it and plug in the resistor module. Tank comes off really easy. Screw in the tank lobe petcocks and remove the fuel hose on the left side, pull it through to the right side so it's out of the way. Once the seat is off and the side panels, remove the bolt on the front top of the tank, the '630' emblems pop out and then you remove the bolts under them that are threaded into the rad mounts. Then the tank can be lifted off enough to set it off to the right side without disconnecting any of the fuel pump hoses or wires. Everything is easy to get to then.

The sensor can then be removed with a 22mm box end wrench and the blank plug screwed in. I used anti sieze compound, a copper washer, and then saftety wired it to the closest heat shield mount to make sure it doesn't vibrate loose and fall out:

[IMG]

Hi CJ, I just got the PU kit, thanks for the photos. In my kit I have the brass plug, copper washer and plastic sensor plug. I assume you discard the lambda and replace with copper washer and then brass plug?
  2. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    Yep, that' all there is to it.
    Your idle will set up to something in the 2200-2400rpm so you'll have to locate the idle adjust screw and adjust it out with an 8mm wrench. Set to 1650-1750. Throw away the 'labrynth' baffle in the airbox. That's it for the 'power-up' mod. Absolutely transforms the bike.

If you can get with somebody with a iBeat ecu program the mapping can be tweaked for peak performance. I have not done this, mine runs smooth from start all the way to redline. Well, I haven't run it past about 6800 as I'm still in break-in mode for a few more miles. I'm right at about 400 now.
  3. CindyTalk Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310 (TE 630)
    Thanks, I will probable struggle just fitting the PU kit let alone introducing the labyrinth baffle to the secenario. I have see pictures on the site which shows a squiggle plastic line on black plastic backing, I guess you remove the squiggly line (labyrinth). When removing the tank, do you remove the red plastics on the side or can it be lifted off without that?

4. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    No, you just open the airbox (like 10 screws) and the labyrinth is just sitting there behind the air filter. Pull it out and throw it in the garbage can, it's the little squiggle and the plate, the whole thing.
  5. CindyTalk Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310 (TE 630)
    Got it, now I just need to find the air box!! I have the Australian model, do you think this will be the same?
  6. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    Oh boy, I hope you can find it... It's the big black thing on the right side. Just pop the right number plate off (plastic) that is usually under your right butt cheek so you can get to all the screws. That big black oblong thing with the snorkel is the air box.
  7. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    And you don't have to remove the shrouds to lift the tank. There's a bolt at the front, one at the rear, and one on each side behind the '630' emblems. Yes, you remove the seat and two side panels. The side panels just pop off, no screw fasteners.
  8. Huskyfly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Looking for my next Husky......
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Africa Twin, 2013 TE310
    Not sure if this post is only for CJBROWN or ANY new owner but..........ADD ME TO THE LIST OF NEW TE-630 OWNERS :D:banana::applause:

I already have on order;

*FMF Q4 Exhaust
    *Uptit Skid Plate
    *Heated Grips
    *Handgaurds
    *Chain Guard

Later I plan on looking for;

*Bar raiser......Which do you guys recommend?? Roxx Raisers??
    *Soft Panniers
    *Rotopax or maybe a larger tank (I want IMS to modify the 610 tank, I like the original body panels)
    *Rear luggage rack
    *Maybe a smaller rear or front Sprocket
    *Pivot Pegs
    *Tool kit..........which do you recommend??
    *Better off-road tires
    *lighter Battery
    *HID Light converation
    *GPS and mount

I'll ride the HELL out of it otherwise!!! SOOOOO FRAKING HAPPY ! :lol::D:thumbsup:
    CindyTalk likes this.
  9. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    No, you're welcome to post here. There was a lot to address with the new bike so I thought I would get my own thread going. I seem to have run into all the same issues everyone else has, so as they all get addressed it becomes a valuable resource for any new owners.

You've got to be the farkle king already. ;)

Oh, and congrats again!! They really are a neat bike.
  10. CindyTalk Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310 (TE 630)
    I told I was no good!!!
  11. CindyTalk Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310 (TE 630)
    Would you believe I found it, but it doesn't have the labyrinth. And I checked behind the foam too. Cheers
  12. CindyTalk Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310 (TE 630)
    Cheers CJ, job done (fingers crossed) Those flipping emblems won't slot back in flush and Im struggling to fit the metal clip around the fuel hose ( I removed the right hose to lift the tank. Thanks for your advice:banana:
  13. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    The crossover tube that goes from one side of the tank to the other is much easier to remove from the left side, there is a standard hose clamp on the left side instead of the funky crimp-lock band....
  14. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    Hmmm...details, details.
    I didn't even look at the right side fuel line, but if it's a crimp-lock clamp and you've removed it, just discard it and use one of the clamps from removing the cannister. You did that, right? Or you're in Australia and it doesn't have one? If you don't have another clamp a small zip-tie will also work. A clamp isn't really needed until the tubing ages.

The 630 emblems are fussy. I'm not real excited about this new plastic compound. It's definetely more rigid and hence brittle than other bikes. Still, if you're careful you can get a couple of the tabs out and at least bend it out enough to get the mounting bolt out. One of mine came out, the other looked like the tabs would break off if I pulled it anymore so I just left it half in. Maybe there's some kind of trick to easily remove them - got me there.
  15. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I just use a small flathead screwdriver to gently pry the tabs out.
  16. CindyTalk Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310 (TE 630)
    Mmmh the plastic is kind of soft and for some reason the far right tab on each side is slightly disfigured (probably because of my initial caveman tugging).
    Issue is getting them flush back, which drives me nuts, if your a perfectionist.
  17. CindyTalk Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310 (TE 630)
    No canister or labyrinth here in Oz (so far of course). Will give the zip tie a go around the fuel line. Does it matter how many turns on the fuel knurls (left, right) or is it just open/ closed?
  18. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    all the way open or all the way closed. ;)
  19. CindyTalk Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310 (TE 630)
    Kit so far:

* Acerbis hand guards
    * Bash Plate B&B
    * Husky Luggage rack
    * Husky rear bag (thanks to MotoXoitica)
    * PU kit (thanks to MotoXoitica)
    * Forma Adventure Boots (expensive but the business)
    * Changed tyres to Dunlops, a bit more road (not sure if I should have stayed with the originals).

But what next... Husky enduro pants?
    germanpilot64 likes this.
  20. Indy Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm thinking about just leaving the emblems off. They are a bugger!